racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterdays' finds

Permission granted to detect an 1870's farmhouse. Stopped at garage sale he was having , and started talking to him and his wife. He asked Lisa and I what we were doing today , I told him we were going to metal detect at the park .He said he likes to search his yard ,and proceeded to show me his detector. It was a national geo model. Well,I showed him our detectors ,the Ace 150,the deleon and Lisas at pro,and he said you guys can detect my yard if you want. We agreed. It took him 5 mins to ask us to try one of our detectors out. Let him use the Ace, and after a short schooling he was sweeping away. Then his wife was right behind him ,and they were digging away. We stayed an hour , and in that time ,he kept talking about how he wants a better detector. Well , Lisa gets the idea to let him borrow the ace for a few days . Needless to say, Im sure he is now hooked . He owns a lot of land , and said were welcome anytime , that is if he does not find all the good stuff before us! Heres a few of our finds , the silver one is a whats it. I thought pocket 2308.JPGwatch innards at first.2310.JPG2311.JPG2312.JPG

Upvote 2
Looks like pocket watch inards to me too. Nice handful of finds! :icon_thumright:

Great job y'all and that was really nice of your wife to let the guy borrow her machine.

Now that's how to make a good friend and a metal detecting contact! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back