What's new

Yesterdays road trip...casino involved! PIC ADDED

packerbacker

Gold Member
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
8,350
Reaction score
2,992
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to do my California duty and smog my car. Decided to make it a road trip day and took the whole day off. Left with $1000 in rolled halves that had to be dumped. Found a branch of our bank in a town about 50 miles away. Gave them the whole $1000 and had them put it in the account. As we hit bank after bank we built up a new total of $753 worth that we just cherry picked for silver. Only found 4 40%ers and a 2005. Found a teller at one bank that will order all the boxes I want and has no trouble taking them back as long as they are rolled. Gave me her card and days she orders and receives. As we were discusing rolling this bag of loose halves I thought about the casino that happened to be in this town. We went there and I went in and asked the cashier if they would put the halves through their coin counter. She said sure so I brought in the bag. Ended up being $753.31. I asked how we could get that total with halves and she guessed that some change was stuck in the machine and the halves loosened them up. As I was putting the change in my pocket, I noticed the penny was a 1956 Wheatie. We figured, as long as we were there, might as well play a few games. We would win a little and lose a little but it was slowly adding up in our favor. When we were about $1,500 ahead, WE LEFT!! The banks were now closed but, no matter, we can come back. On the way home, we passed another casino which is only about 20 miles from home. Stopped there just to ask if they would take any halves that I brought in and they also said "Sure". Before we left we had gotten about $230 ahead at this casino. Not much silver but a whole lotta green!!
 

Attachments

  • green.webp
    green.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 476
Upvote 0
Re: Yesterdays road trip...casino involved!

It doesn't matte rwhere you get it, just GET IT. Great day!
 
Started with $750 cash and came home with well over $2,400. Guess you could say we got quite a few Franklins but not the type we usually get roll hunting. ;D
 
That's the way to leverage your day off- hope you had time to get your cat checked!
WTG!
 
Ditto on the Franklins!

As much as I enjoy finding the silver ones, I'd rather have the paper ones!

Congratulations on the casino win. I wish I could do that! Whenever I get the urge to gamble these days, I just walk into the casino, hand a $20 to the first native American I see and leave - saves me a lot of time and aggravation!
 
"Whenever I get the urge to gamble these days, I just walk into the casino, hand a $20 to the first native American I see and leave - saves me a lot of time and aggravation!"

LMAO To Funny ;D
 
Congrats. Those wins are far and few in between. The wife and I have hit a couple small jackpots, but in the end we lose. Its still fun, thats the draw.
 
CONGRATS!

What did you play at the casino?

-CC
 
But how much is that in clad? Nice days "work"! Giving twenty bucks is about what I do at casinos, so not a bad idea. One of my pals has been married 3 times and had to give up 3 houses. Said from now on he was just going to pick some gal at random every 5 years and give her a house and just stay single. Monty
 
Played a little bit of everything at the casino. The big contributor though was a $1000 jackpot on a dollar machine. We left shortly after that so we didn't end up giving it back. ;)
 
That is so awesome! I am looking forward to paying Ruiodoso NM a visit when I get back.
 
I'll be in Nevada next week. I'm hoping to score some halves and green while there.
 
Great job. Lots of green.

Since we all go through more $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100's (particularly the last two)than the average person, make sure you watch for a star in the serial numbers (Star bills). These are bills printed to replace errors during manufacture and are relatively rare. If the bill is in good shape, they can actually be worth 25%+ more than face, especially for one before the recent changes. Just an FYI. I found out by looking in a paper currency magazine. And I remember seeing one which I returned because I thought it was just a stamp someone had put on it. :-[

HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom