Yet another copper find

DirtDigler

Apr 10, 2010
Caroline Co., VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
After you cross the river, you go up a winding road cut 50 ft. deep into the hillside. Once you reach the top, maybe you sit by the roadside and have a rest. Then you toss off a few dinged up bullets from your pouch to lighten your load before continuing the march. That's our theory and we're stickin' to it. Found more than a dozen 3-ringers in one spot and another dozen musket balls 50ft. away. Also pulled this copper up. My second 1803 this year.

Attachments

• 100_0989sm.jpg
    100_0989sm.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 100_1002sm.jpg
    100_1002sm.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 259
  • 100_1001sm.jpg
    100_1001sm.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 263
Upvote 0
DirtDigler said:
Then you toss off a few dinged up bullets from your pouch to lighten your load before continuing the march. That's our theory and we're stickin' to it.

That's a story you should stick to!
I'll tell you man, when I was at ranger school in the field portion, it was amazing how many boxes of unfired 240 and 249 rounds I found in the woods off the beaten paths (you better not get caught so you toss them far enough away). I wonder if the sergeants did ammo chacks back then? They sure do 'em now! Ammo can really weigh you down..especially when youre the RTO, stuck with the radio! Although that wasnt on the list back then, considering how heavy their rifles were, their footwear, etc, it's only human nature to unload what you can't carry in these type of situations.
It's the same way for civilians. Look no further than those who hike the AT for the first time. They leave with 3x more than what they truly require!
Thanks for the post and good luck!
Got to work early so I could do some swingin' before my guests show up for the wknd!
TGIF!
DHD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back