Yet another newbie here from Texas :)

Scooby903

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys,

Just bought a Delta 4000 for my first detector and have played with it in the yard with some buried objects (silver quarter, dime, etc). The thing is, the stock coil doesn't seem to go very deep in its searching. I have the quarter buried flat about 4.5" down and I barely get any signal from it. The manual says that it is generally capable of around 9-11", but I would expect it to be more like 7-9" in reality. Is the stock coil just not that great?

Awesome community BTW!!!

:hello:

Welcome from florida.

pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome aboard. ALL metal detectors are factory set to meet certain specifications. There is a range within the variable. Maybe yours is set to the low end of the range:dontknow:
Anyhow if it is set that way, Murphys' law probably had it set up for me, cause sometimes I get these.:BangHead:

I also have a delta 4000 with a stock coil. I haven't had the same problems with the stock coil. Suggest you watch the u-tube videos online and perform a google search. Good luck !

Welcome from Spring TX. Just checking a freshly buried coin isn't a great test for depth. Coins in the ground for a period of time detect deeper due to halo and mineralization.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Lesche and DetectorPro

Fair enough, that seems logical, thanks :)

I'm in Tyler and just learned of a meteorite fall back in 1917 that isn't too far from me, so I think I'm gonna head out that way in the next week or two and check it out. Who knows, I might just stumble across some other treasure :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back