What's new

You better be "seated" for this one

wirebender

Full Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
You better be "seated" for this one

This past week I was able to collect a total of 10 boxes to search through. They were a combo of square and flat boxes from various banks. One skunk box and the rest produced various amounts of finds. And yes, I have found my 1st Seated half!! I can't believe it, my previous oldest find was a 1933-s walker and this blows that out of the water for sure! I was thinking that one day I would hit it big with a barber or something cool, but this made me freeze as soon as I saw the outilne!. The coin is very worn, but you can still see the date and mint mark. A 1843-O When I saw the edge of the coin in the roll I thought it had to be a walker as they are sometimes thinner then the bens and 64's, etc, but this one was way thin. I truly think that it was in circulation floating around for years to get this worn! I will never forget the day I found this special unique find! now if I can fill my 1970 I would be grateful! Please enjoy the photos!

50 Total Silvers or an average of 5 per box
43 - 40%ers
1 - 90%er
3 - Bens
1 - 76s silver proof
1 - 64 Silver proof
1 SEATED - 1843-O My oldest coin find to date!!! ....it's so worn!!!

Also
7 Proofs
64,79,77,79,81,87,02

Other
1987-P
2- gold platted
1 - dollar coin
1 - foreign coin
two rolls approx each of 07d/p and 08d/p and half a roll of 09d/p each

WireBender (Marcus)

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Big ups for that haul man. :thumbsup: Plus, awesome artwork. ;D
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

My goodness WB!! Congrats on the Seated. That is awesome! :notworthy: If only that coin could tell stories....the history.

It still amazes me that coins like this are still found in the wild. I have never found a Seated Liberty but would love to pull one.

You really do a superb job on the pictures....very nice!


CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Thank you all for the nice comments. Mark, your right you can almost shave with it! coincrazed... LJ seductress? again, thanks a bunch guys!
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Very Impressive!!!

Congrats!!!
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Nice Score.

Still hoping to get one of those while I'm still in the hunt.

Mojo
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Cool how things are being found recently, I found mine tonight. HH Mark
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Incredible!! That is an amazing find, Marcus!!
Excellent photos, as always!!
- Grizz
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom