What's new

You better be "seated" for this one

wirebender

Full Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
You better be "seated" for this one

This past week I was able to collect a total of 10 boxes to search through. They were a combo of square and flat boxes from various banks. One skunk box and the rest produced various amounts of finds. And yes, I have found my 1st Seated half!! I can't believe it, my previous oldest find was a 1933-s walker and this blows that out of the water for sure! I was thinking that one day I would hit it big with a barber or something cool, but this made me freeze as soon as I saw the outilne!. The coin is very worn, but you can still see the date and mint mark. A 1843-O When I saw the edge of the coin in the roll I thought it had to be a walker as they are sometimes thinner then the bens and 64's, etc, but this one was way thin. I truly think that it was in circulation floating around for years to get this worn! I will never forget the day I found this special unique find! now if I can fill my 1970 I would be grateful! Please enjoy the photos!

50 Total Silvers or an average of 5 per box
43 - 40%ers
1 - 90%er
3 - Bens
1 - 76s silver proof
1 - 64 Silver proof
1 SEATED - 1843-O My oldest coin find to date!!! ....it's so worn!!!

Also
7 Proofs
64,79,77,79,81,87,02

Other
1987-P
2- gold platted
1 - dollar coin
1 - foreign coin
two rolls approx each of 07d/p and 08d/p and half a roll of 09d/p each

WireBender (Marcus)

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

WTG!!! I remember when i found my first (and only) seated. I does send a thrill thru you when you first see it. :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Wow.

Even worn - that is NICE.

:icon_thumleft:
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Great photo presentation skills. Great finds too!


Jim
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Wow, it's not every day you pull a 166 y.o. coin from circulation, grats! ffd
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

That's a great find. I really like the proof '64, too. :thumbsup:
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Good Score ! Excellant photos
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

huge congrats
just plain sick
i almost fell over when i got my barber, i cnat imagine a seated
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Congrats! and great pics. I have yet to break into the Seated category.

Golden Silver
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

VERY NICE!!!
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Beautiful coin. I prefer them that worn sometimes...seems they have a better story to tell.
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Congrats...I found an 1854 "O" not too long ago, my oldest find, and it's in remarkable condition, EXCEPT it's got a hole in it... >:(




 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Awesome find(s). Congrats :thumbsup:
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Congrats! Thanks for the photos.
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

:occasion14:
 
Re: You better be "seated" for this one

Even though you could shave with it, thats still awesome. Congrats, Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom