You cant make this stuff up!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't make this stuff up!

Quick story we have a girl in foster care that were watching until Monday. Her school is way far away from where I live it so I decided I would drop her off and hit all the thrift stores in her area to see if there was anything good. And go back and pick her up here when school gets out at 3 o'clock. Walking to Salvation Army and they had so much jewelry in there they didn't know what to do with. Unless it was marked it was $.10 or .25 cents. Bags of jewelry were $2 dollars each. I spent a whopping $9.

I have not been home to weigh anything I don't have my loop with me but I stopped at a jeweler to have these cufflinks checked. I paid $.10 cents for the pair... Marked 750 then signed as well...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445532769.620139.jpg
There was a small gold necklace and one of the bags

. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445532809.902551.jpg

And antique 14 K ring for $.10 cents. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445533504.232770.jpg

Plus some other scrap and a couple pieces of Sterling like a danecraft locket.

A lot of signed stuff as well that's decent. But now I'm going to go to some more stores until it's time to pick her up at 3 o'clock!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that would be on my list every week!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been home yet but the cufflinks are 18k 13.9 g. I don't remember who the guy said they're signed by some initials.

I used to volunteer at the store for a little while. Now when I go in there the manager treats me like I'm some kind a stray animal walking in the door.

Like that feeling when you got to go to the bathroom really bad and you run into the women's room and noticed you're in the wrong one. This is the feeling I get when I go shopping at this lady's thrift store! I actually went back and I said hey how are you doing and she completely ignored me and walked away. Like wth!! Oh well I paid another dollar for another $175 necklace out of their case that I missed earlier. And lucky for her I'll be back tomorrow too!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cufflinks are made by Deakin and Francis. And it looks like they're worth a good amount of money. A Pair sold for $1850. On another website. And somebody has a pair of gun ones on auction starting at $3500.

4.8 g of scrap 14 K and 22 gr of sterling included.

I'm glad the cuffs are valuable. Probably take awhile to sell though.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds BK!! And I say " stray proudly like the animal they think you are!!" Cause at the end of the day, whose the one laughing all the way to the bank!! Especially when they can't even be nice back.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds BK!! And I say " stray proudly like the animal they think you are!!" Cause at the end of the day, whose the one laughing all the way to the bank!! Especially when they can't even be nice back.

My daughter wants me to walk into the store and say hi how are you? And if she ignores me snort once like a pig and say excuse me. Like I burped. She Cracks me up!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish people would donate that kind of jewelry here and it would get sold to me that cheap. I picked up a couple of silver bracelets in my trash this morning. Some college girl was cleaning up her old room and just was chunking stuff. Its ok I like these benefits. Congrats on a good score! Made your gas money back for sure.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish people would donate that kind of jewelry here and it would get sold to me that cheap. I picked up a couple of silver bracelets in my trash this morning. Some college girl was cleaning up her old room and just was chunking stuff. Its ok I like these benefits. Congrats on a good score! Made your gas money back for sure.

I think these days are numbered around here. Even though there are a lot of wealthy people in this area they are seasonal. However a lot of the thrift stores are starting to not sell jewelry anymore. My one hotspot turned into a buy the pound store and just sells clothing and furniture now. Goodwill won't sell anything if it has a value of $20 or more because it goes to their store online. So that cut out probably 10 stores I don't ever bother walking into anymore. The other thrift store hired somebody that knows what they're doing and all of the jewelry is in the case for about 15 times what it's worth. So that one's done. So there's really three left in town that sells jewelry. One I drive by every single day and I go to it probably four days a week.

The one where these were at is about a 20 minute drive from home. And the third one is about a 35 minute drive.

I guess we are pretty lucky though because there's yard sales year round though. Then every Wednesday the old drive-in has a flea market. Thursday there's a fleamarket at another location and the weekend there are three flea markets in this area. So it is a never ending plethora of stuff pretty much everywhere.

Baja

Sep 9, 2015
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll -
Minelab CTX-3030 -
White's Spectra V3i -
w/ Sun Ray DX-1 probe -
Fisher F75 ProArc -
w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was almost too easy! Nice finds.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update:

with no sales for two days and starting to be thinking Christmas time sales are over for me. I got an offer of $750 on the cufflinks and sold them!!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Beachkid!! And a heck of a profit I must say! [emoji318].

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread