Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good friend of mine hunts in Kentucky. In the field they have been finding some real nice old artifacts and a lot of preforms or what we call blanks. Anyway the farmer said he had a whole barn full of them but the barn had collapsed years ago. I was telling my friend how bummed out I was cause of all the high water here in Tennessee and no hunts and said you need to climb under that barn and send me some of those pre forms to study. She just laughed at me. :laughing7:
Well today I received a box that probably weighed 40 pounds.:hello2:
This is what was in it. Yeeee haaa. I love studying this stuff and already see many tools and unifaced knifes and scrapers and choppers.
Thank you friend!
HH
TnMtns

photo copy 3.JPG

photo copy 4.JPG

photo copy 5.JPG

photo copy 6.JPG

photo copy 7.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500 Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Silver Sabre micro max
Makro Racer 2 Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kansas54 we all know that. Most of us here are the "hunters" as well. Welcome to t-net.

Thanks for the welcome Tn. I'm finding lots of info. on these forums and it's great to have such knowledgable people chime in.
Regarding the modern pts., (which I know that none are on this thread) it amazes me, the number of artifact collectors that will bid on obvious modern pts. at an auction.

mission

Aug 7, 2013
iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the opinion these were used for tools. i dont see how they would have just had all of these unused blanks laying around. i have several from my area also, same shapes and worked edges. i believe the first rocks were thrown, then shaped and thrown, then attached to a stick and thrown...a axe, then comes the spear. i dont believe they ever gave up on the throwing axe, it is to usefull in to many ways and simple to make, thats why they are so simple and dont show alot of work. i have lots with a edge and shape to be attached to a handle, different sizes for different uses. i know how well a child even can throw a axe with acuracy and ive seen a few rabbits killed with only a rock. some day you my be saying "i use to have tons of those but nobody thought they were anything so we tossed em" just like the toys or cars you should of saved that are worth big bucks now

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree I would rather find the perfect things but feel in their own way these types of worked pieces have a part in the story line. Like someone said I wish they could talk!

Welcome aboard Kansas and Mission. Feel free to jump in anytime.
Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread