DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. You drive 10 hours to Florida from Tennessee with all of your gear for one chance Saturday at hunting the surf.

2. You charge your battery to full capacity the night before.

3. On Saturday, you load your gear into your truck including the battery for the trip from the room to the beach.

4. You get to the beach and can't find the battery to put into the detector so you resign yourself to watching others treasure hunt for the rest of the afternoon because you can't leave your kids at the beach to go back an look for it at the room.

5. After the day at the beach you get back to the room and find that the reason you couldn't find the battery is because you loaded it into your detector at the room and it was in the freakin detector the whole time you couldn't find it.

Got to love getting old!

Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I drove to the Treasure Coast for the once in a lifetime opportunity to hunt after 2 major hurricanes. I packed my coil and my MD control box for for some reason I forgot the aluminum shaft.

I managed to find a crooked branch and I shoved it into the coil on one end and the box on the other and I hunted a bit. I wish I had a picture.

Ahhhhhh sad sad sad.... I wish you had a picture too! LOL Good one BigCy!

You know you are too old to metal detect when your bones are creaking louder than your detector.

Sandman said:
You finally get to the area you want to hunt and find the gravity at that location has increased enough to make you exhausted.
Good one. :D

You know you're gettin old when you're asleep, but others worry that you're dead.

If you take off your shoes and notice a tag around your toe, you might be too old to metal detect.

When you bend down to dig a plug and you realize you are laying down instead! Or you forget your glasses and can't see the icons on your detector and heck you're not even sure you can see the ground! Monty

You know you are too old to metal detect when you can't remember where you accessed the beach from and you have to walk down the beach road looking for your truck in all the public parking area's !!

thorny196 said:
You know you are too old to metal detect when you can't remember where you accessed the beach from and you have to walk down the beach road looking for your truck in all the public parking area's !!

OMG I've done that!

Well friends, the way I see it, you are too old to detect when you start thinking that you are too old to detect. :tongue3: :hello:

bigcypresshunter said:
You know you're gettin old when you're asleep, but others worry that you're dead.

Lol :laughing7: I have this happen with some of my hunting partners now.

When you get to the water an you have forgotten your scoop . This has happened to me for the 3rd time :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back