You Name It. It Was in this Bag of Halves (PICs)

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• IMG_6890 (Small).JPG
    IMG_6890 (Small).JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 700
  • IMG_6891 (Small).JPG
    IMG_6891 (Small).JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 697
Upvote 0

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
holy crap!!! thats an awesome bag!!!!! amazing colombian expo!!!!! super nice condi!!! also, love the walker! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

trololol

Aug 8, 2011
I can't clearly see your avatar pic. Plz upload bigger pic? And you're a lucky SOB my "uncle" (Friend's dad) Gave me 1902 Barber Half :hello2: He had a 1922 Peace, but gave it to his son. Imma buy it off him ;D

OP
OP
madwest

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
trololol said:
I can't clearly see your avatar pic. Plz upload bigger pic?

I'm a science and technology nerd. Hence, the periodic table.

Attachments

• yup-nope table.JPG
    yup-nope table.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 370
OP
OP
madwest

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
silver spoon said:
I bet you are ready for a barber half now arnt you!
fistfulladirt said:
Yup, you're in need of a haircut. Nice finds.

Yes indeedy. As I was getting near the end, I first thought I jinx'ed myself because I told the kids: "The only things we haven't found are PROOFs and Barbers." Moments later, I found the '01S proof and thought I had reverse jinx'ed myself. But, it wasn't to be.

No complaints though!

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
newbe question: how much does a bag of halves cost? and are most banks cool with letting you order a bag of halves? your finds are outstanding! wow. congrats man!

OP
OP
madwest

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
mfitzy111 said:
newbe question: how much does a bag of halves cost? and are most banks cool with letting you order a bag of halves? your finds are outstanding! wow. congrats man!

I have heard of ppl "ordering" and getting bags of loose halves. I'm not sure how that works.

In my case, I got lucky and was allowed to buy a $500 bag off of the coin counting machine. It is actually quite rare that they do that because those bags are notorious for being off by some amount. Most banks are not willing to take the risk that you will be coming back demanding the $16 that your bag was short after they have already cleared that amount on their books.

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hum. ok - I can see why they'd have an issue with it if it can be off by that much. I just haven't heard from my bank about any bags for cash. they only offer boxes ($1000) at a purchase from the phila mint.

I'd be happy getting what your getting in silver, but if I just got clad and it was off by $20 I'd be unhappy getting skunked like that.... :) still great finds! :icon_thumright: thanks for the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread