You want to look at them?

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Was in my dump bank dropping off a box of halves and when the transaction was complete I asked for any loose halves teller says I got $4 worth, I'll take them all I said, as I always do. Slipped em in my pocket and moved to the next teller that was'nt busy asked her for any loose halves she said you wanna look at em? A guy was in here earlier and he looked at em and handed them back to me. I said no thats OK I'll take em. All clad, but I couldn't stop thinking. What a MORON! Cherry pickin right in front of the tellers! Whats this idiot do, start jumping up and down in the middle of the bank yelling Silver! Silver! if he finds one? I ask for them, I take them, smile, thank them and leave. I get skunked a good bit but not always. But something like this guy burns me up. He puts the E in ignorant!

Upvote 0

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same thing happened last week....I posted it I found 42 40% because the guy the day before LOOKED at them and said they werent ' old enough " for him !!! I ll take every one you can give me....

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have several banks that firmly believe that I am a coin collector (because I am), not a silver hunter (which I also am), and they offer the coins to me to look at without requiring purchase so I can look for errors. All of this is because I've educated them on errors to a certain degree, not about silver. Most don't have the time or inclination to look for errors but a silver edge is just too easy to pick out. But before I got to this position with the tellers, I was buying them all.

So it may be that the guy that comes in and had a look at them is in often and they know that he's collecting, not hunting. Just another alternative theory.

As for the guy that refused the 42 40%ers, I agree he is a fool. But he may be a fool with the principle of only taking older coins to complete collections, etc. He might not be searching in order to find a quick buck. If I were him, I would have taken the 40%ers, sold them (who am I kidding, I would never sell them), then purchased the missing coins from my collection. But that's just how my mind works. Maybe he wants to find every single coin in the wild. If that's what floats his boat, more power to him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread