What's new

Youll be so Surprised at What I Found!

M-Taliesin

Full Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
181
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
You'll be so Surprised at What I Found!

Howdy Folks!
I got out a bit later in the morning, considering it was chilly out there. Besides,
Meet the Press was on, and I got involved in the discussion. Anyhow...

Hit only a very few locations. By the time I finished the second location, I'd been
hunting for 4 hours, was at 100 coins for the day, and already scored a nice 14k
gold bracelet. There was an earring I found, but it was locked in a frozen chunk
of wood chips. I busted the clod down until I had a smallish piece, with the earring
exposed. I had to let it melt before I could get the earring out. The sun did the job
in about a half hour while I continued my hunt.

The sun set around 4:30 or 4:45, but by then it was already getting cold. So I headed
on home for a nice dinner with the wife, and Pipster came over for a nice evening of
just hanging out together.

My take today was:
19 Quarters = $4.75
19 Nickels = $0.95
31 Dimes = $3.10
96 Pennies = $0.96
2 Dollar Coins = $2.00
Total = $4.76
Coin Count = 167 coins.

Plus, I got the 14k gold bracelet,
1 adult sized ring, goldish looking but failed the acid test,
1 Necklace,
1 Cross,
1 Earring,
1 Key,
1 George Washington token with hole near top,
assorted other jewelry items of no particular worth.

It was a good day for hunting, if only the ice would go away. Still, I had fun and
managed to find yet another gold jewelry item.

Thanks for Lookin,
Blessings,
M-Taliesin
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0170.webp
    IMG_0170.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,250
  • IMG_0175.webp
    IMG_0175.webp
    24 KB · Views: 1,251
  • IMG_0172.webp
    IMG_0172.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,248
  • IMG_0173.webp
    IMG_0173.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,241
  • IMG_0174.webp
    IMG_0174.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,248
  • !cid__1122091259b.webp
    !cid__1122091259b.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,237
  • !cid__1122091326.webp
    !cid__1122091326.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,241
  • IMG_0177.webp
    IMG_0177.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,236
  • IMG_0178.webp
    IMG_0178.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,229
Upvote 0
Re: You'll be so Surprised at What I Found!

I am amazed that somebody has already managed to lose a presidential dollar coin.

:)
 
Re: You'll be so Surprised at What I Found!

WilliamBoyd said:
I am amazed that somebody has already managed to lose a presidential dollar coin.

:)

Howdy William!
Don't be too surprised. I've found quite a few in the past 2 years. This year alone, I've
found 49 dollar coins, most of which are Sacs or Presidential dollars. Believe it or not,
I found a Morgan dollar bearing the date of 1889 on a school tot lot last year. Another
surprise I got last year was a 1999 Walking Liberty coin with "1 Oz Fine Silver" stamped
on the reverse. Ya just never know what you'll find when detecting!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
 
Re: You'll be so Surprised at What I Found!

great finds, and the clad really adds up fast congrats thanks for sharing and hh glad you had a good time that is the most important thing re guardless of the finds...:)
 
Re: You'll be so Surprised at What I Found!

First posting of a frozen tot lot to my knowledge. That one pic could be called a "totcicycle". M :laughing9: nty
 
Re: You'll be so Surprised at What I Found!

Very nice haul! Photos are really good. Love the jewelry.
 
Re: You'll be so Surprised at What I Found!

I am impressed :headbang:
 
Re: You'll be so Surprised at What I Found!

That's a great hunting site you have there. :icon_thumleft:

It's amazing after so many years of detector hunting that there's still so much to find.

teddy
 
Re: You'll be so Surprised at What I Found!

teddy said:
That's a great hunting site you have there. :icon_thumleft:

It's amazing after so many years of detector hunting that there's still so much to find.

teddy

Howdy Teddy!
That's the beauty of tot lots! They get replenished every single day of the school
year. The entire student body has 5 opportunities per day to replenish them tot lots
in an average day. Morning, before school; morning recess, lunch break, afternoon
recess, and after school. Out here, many folks who live in close proximity to a public
school will use the playgrounds for a park if there isn't one closer. So ours get a work
out in summer as well. Ergo... lots of opportunity for local kids to restock them tot lots
for me! There ain't never gonna be so much detecting that everything gets taken out.
And there is a constant resupply of more targets every single day!

Ain't life grand?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
 
Re: You'll be so Surprised at What I Found!

Monty said:
First posting of a frozen tot lot to my knowledge. That one pic could be called a "totcicycle". M :laughing9: nty

Howdy Monty!
The worst part of hunting the totcicycle was reaching down through that ice cold
water to fetch out a quarter or dime! Talk about harsh!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
 
Re: You'll be so Surprised at What I Found!

Nice finds! Love that 'Cross' - Is that glass or something else?
Best wishes.
 
Re: You'll be so Surprised at What I Found!

Nice Finds
 
Re: You'll be so Surprised at What I Found!

Looks like you had a very eventful day of hunting. :headbang:

Don't think that I've ever had a 100 coin day of hunting. Just not that many places to hunt around here with that many coins. WTG :icon_thumright:

Oh, one other thing. I think your days total should read $11.76, and not $4.76. :laughing7:

Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom