Your favorite hot sauce recipe???

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I'm still perfecting the recipe that the whole world is trying to follow, but here's what I have so far; (it's absolute delicious).

1). 12 jalapeno's - broil them until they are almost burnt. Skin is o.k, just don't burn the inside ( it's more of a soften the inside really).

2). Half cup of oil, plus the just broiled jalapenos' with a clove of garlic and a grasp of cilantro in a blender. Blend.!

3). Salt to taste..., at this point, your done, but it relly realies on the salt... Salt to taste.

then let your significant other taste the wonderful flavor that you just created.

BTW, my significant other hates hot stuff, but she has told me that this sauce is a must for every saturday breakfast because it is in fact that good!.

peacock

Oct 16, 2009
12 peppers. You guys are hot! The recipe sounds good thanks for sharing. I am from Maine maybe two?

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
If your other half can only eat it on Saturday(a non working day in the office) it says a lot about the after effects.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool recipe. My motto is 'Mas picoso, mas bueno'. It's funny; my wife is from Torreon, Coahuila, and they don't really use much hot sauce. I'm from an unnamed red dirt road in Caddo County, Oklahoma, and the hotter the better. Must be a redneck thing. Keep postin recipes!

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Ray’s Hot Sauce

24 Habanero Peppers
3 Mango ( ripe)
1 Very Large Sweet Onion
4 Tablespoons of English Mustard
1 Head of Garlic
5 Tablespoons of Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon Cumin
2 Teaspoons Curry Powder
1 Teaspoon White Pepper
1 Teaspoon Tumeric
2 Pints White Vinegar (I normally just pour enough white vinegar to just cover the mixture in the pot.)

Method:
Chop Peppers into small pieces. (Wear rubber gloves!!) Remove stems and seeds if you want. Peal Mangos and cut into small pieces. Peal and chop onion into small pieces. Peal garlic and chop into small pieces.

Put all ingredients in a pot and simmer till peppers, onions and mango are tender, about 30 minutes.

Scoop mixture into a blender and blend till smooth. I strain the mixture to remove any lumps, seeds, stems etc…Straining the mixture is optional.

Pour into sterilized bottles and let cool.

Enjoy.

Habanero peppers are very hot, be sure to wear rubber gloves when handling them. This recipe was given to me from a family who lived in the Caribbean and it was their family recipe. I have modified it to my own taste. This recipe will yield several bottles of sauce. The 2 pints of white vinegar was in the original recipe, but I normally add all the ingredients to a pot then pour enough vinegar to just cover the ingredints.

Yes, it is hot, but the mago give it a delayed burn. As with any recipe, you have to experiment to suit your own taste.

Ray S

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Ray's recipe is not only hot but with the garlic,cumin and turmeric an excellent anti-imflammatory concoction to sooth arthritis.

peacock

Oct 16, 2009
I agree, with Piggy, all the herbs and garlic are great for circulation in the body. And the hot peppers clear your sinus and more. Good food, family and friends, hope and prayers. (And yes sometimes we need a Doctor). I believe the Docs care they just get pulled into the political stuff. Several of the Docs from my area have bailed out. They go to other countries and do what they can do. The ones from my area older that do this 60+. The younger ones in my area still have College tuition. It's sad, I do not believe that anyone goes in to health field to make money. I think that they just want to help other people. ( I AM NOT TALKING PHARMACEUTICAL!)

froggy

Jan 18, 2008
Canyon Del Oro, Arizona
Tepin Salsa

Ingredients
1 oz Chili Tepins
1 ts Oregano
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 c Water; boiling
1/3 c Oil
4 Cloves garlic; or 1 ts Garlic powder
2 1/2 tb Flour

Instructions for Tepin Salsa
Brown flour in oil. Set aside. Heat in a dry pan the chili tepins before putting them into the blender. In a blender, blend to pulverize chili tepin with water. If cloves of garlic are used ( which I recommend) add garlic and oregano to blender. Add all ingredients to browned flour and stir while bringing to boil. Keeps a long time. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions