Anybody here use the Big Green Egg?

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
My brother has the medium also and loves it. It is a mean green cooking machine. :headbang:

I would love to have one but can't justify the price. :-\

OP
OP
lostlake88

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
bbqbull said:
I have a large BGE, grilling, smoking machine.

I love the BGE. I use mine all the time. In fact I smoked a 9 lbs pork shoulder yesterday, it comes out perfect every time!

BangTango

Feb 24, 2009
you can buy a smoker at Home!!!! and it will do the same thing! My wife smokes food all the time and it is Great!
Bang

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Yes I have one to. The biggie, I also have two Webbers. Got it all covered. The wife and I love pizza on the Egg. 30 years of grilling I've seen nothin like it.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have one.... i have no idea how to use it! my ex husband left it... oh well....

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
K*E*L*L*Y said:
i have one.... i have no idea how to use it! my ex husband left it... oh well....

Kelly, Google big green egg. There are is a major forum called the egghead forum.
Also do a search in youtube....freds music and bbq, lots of how to videos from Fred and others.
Any other questions, shoot me a pm.
Mike

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bbqbull said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:

Kelly, Google big green egg. There are is a major forum called the egghead forum.
Also do a search in youtube....freds music and bbq, lots of how to videos from Fred and others.
Mike

im thinking of giving it to my friend sams husband.... hes huge into bbqing .
and yeah i have been to an egghead festival ..... ::) ::) ::) ::) the things we do for... um.... love?
*puking*

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
K*E*L*L*Y said:
bbqbull said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:

Mike

and yeah i have been to an egghead festival ..... ::) ::) ::) ::) the things we do for... um.... love?
*puking*

Didnt mean to trigger bad memories on your behalf, im divorced as well.
Just offering you some tips on the egg, their awesome compared to other charcoal grills.
Mike

OP
OP
lostlake88

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
K*E*L*L*Y said:
bbqbull said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:

Mike

*puking*

Kelly,

Big Green Eggs are NOT cheap! I would sell it to him.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know how much they cost... the stupid thing is on my back patio!
you dont just buy the stupid egg... you need all the CRAP that goes with
it! i just dont want to deal with learning about charcoal when i can buy a
gas grill and i know how to use them! LOL idk.... maybes its not SOOOO
bad... the food does taste REALLY good when it gets done... but so does
grilled food off a gas grill.... just without that "smoke" ring.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rando said:
Hi Kelly..
:wave:

You know it took me like 5 posts to figure out what the HELL you guys were talking about.
Have these things been made around for a while?
I think my adopted parents had one of those things...

hi! LOL

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BangTango said:
Hello, Can I have a recipe for that pizza???
Bang

go to big green egg.com i think and there are tons of people posting pics and recipes...
lots of people make pizza on them.... they have a stone you can buy from the egg people....
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: FML :)

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
go to the junk yard and buy several old bed frames lay out measurements and cut out pieces to desired length bolt or weld together or both. then get a 55 gallon metal drum fill half full of water wash it out real good then cut in half let dry set it on fire to get rid of all residue sand down weld on hinges. paint it with several coats of heat resistant paint drill and ad handles upper and lower air vents and smoke stack and use stainless stell grates from old steve or refrigirator and of course a thermometer. do the same to a smaller 20 gallon drum cut a hole in the bottom of both and connect both with drums with a piece of round stock tubing and you have the best smoker and cooker in the world . of course you have to have meat fork ,knife, barbe boss ,and tonges from pampered chef .add untensil hooks and counter space, chefs hat, and apron and you the ultimate outdoor kitchen in the world. if you want to show it off you make a trailer just for it same paint scheme as cooker and take it to places and cook stuff in it at car shows club, md hunts and beneifits for one reason or another thats lets you build a fire cook food and drink beer and say things like tip the cook and dam aint she a buet and if wife is near say the grill looks good to :laughing7: just another installment of the thoughts that inspire ones self by olepossum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread