spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first day on a new job can always be a bit rattling, but I have one in particular that I'll never forget. In order to get the broad picture, I'll go back to the interview a week before.

I also remember the first attack on the World Trade Center in 1993. Normally on a day when I was in the area, I would always stop there and visit at friend at work. This day however, I had a job interview late that morning and was headed over there after the interview. My interview went well beyond noon and I heard the news as I was leaving that office. The upside was that I had nailed he interview and got a call over the weekend to start that Monday.. There's also another story attached to this, so I will make a separate post.

It seemed to have been an exciting week prior, the interview and the World Trade Center Attack. After getting the call to start working that Monday we ended up getting hit with a Blizzard that Sunday and had lost power as well. Here's where the problem came, my wife at the time wanted me to stay home with them and wait for the power to be restored. I explained that I would have done that any other day, but the first day on a new job. She was insisting that I call my new boss and explain the situation, but this is something I would never do. I told my wife there would be a good chance he would say, don't bother coming in tomorrow, or any other day for that matter. I did reach the office a few minutes late, but it was no big deal as many others had the same problem I did and they lived closer. My boss was there and proceeded to introduce me to the co-worker's that were already in and got me settled in to my desk. The rest of the day went well, as I was starting to set up appointments for the following week.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats good! You know if something is goign to happen it will be 1st day at the new job...... The job I just got started week 2 yesterday my 1st day last week I had a flat on the way to work! But thats ok with it too they were really cool about it. But, I had to go to the main brancch first before going down town to the drive thru an its ok I was late because I could not have gotton in anyway the air unit had shorted and caused a fire. FD had been there airing thce place out and I was only a couple of minutes late myself! I am so glad I go early for everything!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Spartacus, that was wild. You did the right thing, though by going in on your first day even though it was a little tough on your wife. Glad it worked out ok for you.

Granny, wow having a flat is a bum way to start any morning, let alone a first day into work. You did get lucky with the other things that happened which was good for you, too.
I like your avatar.

Ray

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw thank you! And the avitar Mighty AP did for me! My jobs been strang this week with some other stuff happening there....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread