Your first time going public

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
OK so you've done your front/back yard. Now its the big day going public for the first time your an ambassador for the hobby.

Children following you around like the pipe piper remember to fill those holes in keep it neat and tidy.

I've never been so nervous in my life putting the head phones on helps it kinda isolates you from the rest of the world :D.

But boy oh boy those same old questions "What you doing Mr","found anything good" etc etc.

What was you first day live as it were good/bad funny odd. Let me know.

i usually go early in the morning. all the kiddies are still asleep and the morons that like to make stupid comments are still home. by the time people wake up and get out, im just about finished for the day. ;)

;D "I just smile and wave boys, just smile and wave!" ;D

Well... I actually went, for my first time out, to an old closed Drive-In theater. After sitting in my truck for about 10 min's, rehursing what I'd say when I knocked on the door for permission (also the first time ever), I finally mustered up my courage and went to the door. As soon as this little old lady opened the door, I knew it'd be alright. I'm so good talking with elderly people... I guess because I absolutely *love* talking with them and listening. Anyway, the visit went great... I got her permission... hunted the place... got some blasted chiggers on me... found a BUNCH of old steel from the building that was torn down. That was about it. lol

As soon as my bro comes back up here to Missouri with my detectors, I've got plans of taking a good hike up a small mountain (I call 'em mountains because I'm from Florida) to a spot that I know has historical significance (1800's family cemetary at the top), and around a very long rock wall that goes through the woods. We'll see what I find. :-)

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back