What was the very first thing you ever found?

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
Re: What was the very first you ever found?

It was a pulltab, probably like lots of other folks here. I wasn't surprised. I had been reading this site for awhile, so I knew it was coming! But if you dig everything, you will get lots of em, and I dig everything. Now if I could just create a market for the things, we would all be rich.

HH
vegasmtl

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What was the very first you ever found?

1919 wheat if I remember Right
Been about 40 Years.
Was very surprised but Hooked After

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I found a few pennies, a couple of dimes, and my first pull tab.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
my first find with the IDX Pro was an 83 dime at about 1", with the XS a harmonica reed at about 3", with the sovereign a 62 quarter and I won't say how deep (But I was amazed!)

grizzly bare

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
One bottle cap after another. My first reaction was " I don't think there are any coins here".

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Funny you should ask, because that first find, back in '81 was one of my best.
It was a fine example of an Indian head penny, 1881, and it was right in my front yard.
The house I was staying in was in an old section of town.
The penny was about 3-inches down.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
First day: lots of square nails around the perimeter of my folks house. Did find some change, including some wheat pennies below the old clothes lines. Also found a couple of my old matchbox cars. But I'm fairly sure the very first thing was a nail.

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Went partners with a fellow to afford an early whites gold master. We tried it out in front of an old church turned grange hall. First signal right by front door we dug a large key. Reached up and tried it in the door and it opened. Took a look in and then locked it back up. Folks didn't loot and steal as much back in those days.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My very first find was an Aladdin Arcade token. When I dug it out I wasn't quite sure what it was until I remembered seeing someone else here who had found one.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the 150, a small metal bucket... filled with rocks. I was slightly irritated after digging for so long, thinking it was a time capsule or something cool. With the IDX Pro (funny how the same exact detector is being mentioned on one thread... thanks Grizz!! ;-)), I found a government issued Winchester Westerner bullet that was made around the 1860's. That was my coolest find, thus far!

Bran <><

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a cent (penny) I think it was 1978 one -- right out side the front door * while checking testing it --that was with my bounty hunter

with my ace 250 it was a old brass straight type garden hose "twist" type nozzle (about 50 years old) it still works!! after replacing the rubber seal works like a champ. --- this time it was outside near the back door while check testing it .

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull Tab. I have it glued to a plank.

OP
OP
mike63

mike63

Jan 1, 2008
se florida
great stories, just about a month away from getting my first m/d cant wait already having dreams about finding treasures from the pirates down here in florida!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very first thing I found was a big glob of brazing solder! My reaction was: "D'oh! That where I did body work on my '71 Dodge Demon!"

Actually, I had a Radio Shack (Archer?) kit in the 70's and I did find some pocket change but I don't remember exactly what. It was good for about the first 3/8" depth of soil and then fell off rapidly. :D

detectoraddict

Aug 3, 2004
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, F-75
Funny, someone just asked me that the other day. I remember it pretty clearly as I was 16 back in 1972 and got my new Garrett and just started detecting when some old guy told me I wasn't gonna find a thing. I swung the coil under the bench he was sitting and dug a 44 merc. Ha, his eyes about popped out as he said that must of been one he just missed some how. That was the only silver I found that day but it was memorable!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread