What's new

Your thoughts on a question

tinykin

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2009
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
This will initially sound strange but "where do you think the silver comes from?"

In Canada, at least, I find it hard to believe that a quarter from 1959 (last I found) has been circulating all this time without being pulled out by someone.

My personal guess is that someone has been keeping it for some time and some reason then needs the money or gets fed up with keeping the one or 2 coins they kept as a curiosity and puts them in a roll and takes it to the bank for face value.

This is borne out for me as my success has always been with hand rolls and never with machine rolls.

This is also borne out by the fact that about half of the silver I find is in really good condition and a lot of it is 1967 (a commemorative year). Makes me think that Grandma and Grandpa (or Mom and Dad) saved some coins from that year for a kid, the kid has kept them all this time as they were a special gift but has grown up and now gotten tired of keeping the 1 or 2 coins and have dumped them.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts.
 
Upvote 0
If your finding silver in bank rolls they have most likely come from someones stash that has been hidden away for the last several years or more.

Most of the silver coins I find dated in the 60's show very little wear at all. as I think they were hoarded and the owner probably died and a family member has unknowingly cashed them in.

Mojo
 
I had a great week on halves not long after I read about
$10,000.00 in coins being stolen in a town close by. Whoever took the coins must have visited the coinstar.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom