Your thoughts on the diggers TV show

Just to set the record strait. I am the guy that holds a door open at the gas station,store, ect for a stranger. Because I was taught manners. The guys on the show maybe be a little of the wall. But they sure have brought alot of attention to our hobby. What you said was basically people that what it are American asses. At least there doing something positive and getting people involved. I took offense because my daughter and I watch the show. Neither myself or my daughter are an ass. I want to apologize to all of the people in this forum. I maybe new to it, but I do enjoy talking to everyone about our hobby. It's been helpful and I believe I have helped others. Not offended
I shouldn't have made the statement that I did, I will man up and say I'm sorry if I offended anyone and hope my apology is accepted.

All I can do is give you the view of an outsider. When I first thought about getting a metal detector I remembered the diggers show. I set my dvr and started watching hoping to learn something. Did I see two idiots that made me think their must be a bunch of loons in md'ing? Not at all, I saw two guys doing something the enjoyed, together as friends, while getting outside and learning about the past. I thought hey me and my sons might enjoy that. I never thought everything we dig will be nice, in fact I heard them say most of what they dig is trash. It made me want to learn more. I went to their site and found videos on filling holes, getting permission, a beginner lesson, coils and picking up trash. Which in turn made me want to learn more so to google I go and I find you fine folks plus other great info. Long story longer, lol I understand how u guys may feel they embarrass you but it sure didn't in my eyes. I don't think the perception is as bad as you think.

Tim

NO Problems here...Its much better the that Savage jerk....:happysmiley: Besides they dig pretty nice holes and they are very lucky where they get permission to dig..I'd like to have that job.. Now think of it as this: The show gives Mding a place in society its digging up history and giving it to museums and owners etc.... It helps knowledge this what we all love to do:thumbsup:....it gives us a place....:occasion18::occasion14:

I like the idea that each show seems to have a particular historical theme, and they try to find artifacts that go along with that. They each are shown finding a few things, but take a look at the table when they are done and see how many things they actually found. Then they discuss the significance of one or the other items that go along with the topic of the day. They also bring in archeologists for analysis and comment. They, they are goofy, which is off-putting at times, but it's tv, after all.

Please keep it civil and stop the insults so mods do not have to put anyone on a timeout....

No personal attacks please.... On a side note I dug all day. The tractor parts would not have been very exciting to a TV audience. :tongue3: I often hunt with an older gentleman. It is all he can do sometimes to stand back up after digging his hole and recovering his target. He still has the energy though to get excited. I whoop and holler often as I am having fun even if no one is around. Until a better show comes along I am digging this one. I would hunt with them.
HH
TnMtns

I just watched ten minutes of a show called savage family diggers. I had to turn it. These guys are probably reasons why land owners would say no to md'ing on there land. It was horrible. King George and Ringy are probably shaking their heads at them. Lol . I would love to hunt with those guys to. I looked at their web site and like they said. Besides finding valuables md'ing brings the feeling a kid has around Christmas time. It's like unwrapping a gift

I just watched ten minutes of a show called savage family diggers. I had to turn it. These guys are probably reasons why land owners would say no to md'ing on there land. It was horrible. King George and Ringy are probably shaking their heads at them. Lol . I would love to hunt with those guys to. I looked at their web site and like they said. Besides finding valuables md'ing brings the feeling a kid has around Christmas time. It's like unwrapping a gift

I know on one of the episodes you can clearly see a guy throw a crushed beer can he dug into the people's bush. I wrote them a couple very nice emails about 3 months ago no response yet I don't really plan on getting one but I had to say something to them. I went to a house and asked about detecting in the yard and was told no because they had seen "that show on TV with the guys digging big holes" I was not happy and tried to explain that I didn't act the them and explained how I dig and they still wanted nothing to do with it

I find the show and their lingo and antics far too corny for my taste, and I do have a sense of humor. looks like they find a lot of junk compared to coins in the two episodes that I could stomach, muddy waters meat can??? or the Elvis wagon wheel..pleeeze, just junk and trash and a lot of corny antics...I personally don't want the hobby to gain a wave of newbies either, just think if mding got to be as popular as deer hunting or bass fishing...selfish, ya but I love virgin land full of coins..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back