Youre not going to believe this one :)

F

freightgod

You're not going to believe this one :)

Hello all, this is my first post ever....needs a little introduction.

My family and I have been talking about getting started in detecting for a while now. I recently lost my job so have had some time on my hands. We decided to take the plunge and purchase a good beginner's model, a Tracker IV. After watching ebay auctions for a while I decided to purchase one new from Dick's Sporting Goods online for $130 including shipping. We were all very excited about it's arrival which was due by UPS today. SO ANYWAY...

I got up from bed a little late today and the kids (homeschooled, not playing hookey) were tripping over each other to tell me that UPS had delivered our new metal detector. Wiping the sleep from my eyes I turned the corner and saw a HUGE box sitting there. So much for light and easy to handle, I thought!

So here is a picture of my very first detecting find and probably the most valuable I'll ever have. I never even had the chance to put batteries in the thing! What a great detector this is, it finds multiples of itself automatically!!!!

I hope you've all enjoyed this story, and hopefully it's a harbinger of good things to come. So far we've found two bottle caps in the backyard, but we're headed to the beach this afternoon!

By the way, I have notified Dick's of the error and they are supposedly emailing me a UPS return label this afternoon, so I won't be keeping this bonanza. Hopefully they got my email address wrong :o

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,204
Upvote 0
Re: You're not going to believe this one :)

That is too funny. Those aren't stacked two high by chance? Good luck in your new hobby

Welcome Freightgod! Clearly you'll fit in well here! :) Happy hunting!

Good for you for being so honest, most ppl would have kept them and said they only rec'd one. ;D

I agree, you did the right thing !!!

I think if I was Dick's Sporting Goods, I would refund you the money you paid for the one you ordered.

~Kansas~

Maybe they just sent six so you could choose the one you like?? ;)

Well the one I opened see!ms to operate fine, just wondering if I should take a different one out tommorrow and see if there's any variation....naaaaaaw!

Haven't recieved an email yet from Dick's...I'm sure it will come, but if it doesn't....well, I did my part I figure.

Well, the shipping label arrived by email so I will send my bonus back tommorrow, sniff sniff!

After reading lots of posts here and having tried to make do earlier today with a garden trowel, I've ordered a Predator Raptor digging tool. It's raining tonight so I'm hoping to find some nice soggy finds tommorrow! Look for a great post then, he said hopefully.

Hillarious, a tracker 24, my 1st was also a IV and have a found some decent stuff with it. Good hunting.

That is one different story and it always pays off to do the right thing!! 8)

Nice finds, I cant imagine what that box must have weighed,you were probly thinking you would need a team of mules to help you drag it around:} They really should give you some sort of reward for being honest though they probly wont. It is true though I think, that your reward is in the mail from the karma gods,good luck to ya.

I commend you for being honest and doing the right thing. Good Luck and HH !

Huntin' 59er

Kiros32 said:
If I consult the angel on my left shoulder: By all means get return labels and return them promptly.

If I consult the devil on my right shoulder: SELL THEM PUPPIES!! And upgrade to a WHITES!!!!

YES YES to Kiros you listen.......... ;D

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Hi, Very honest of you. WTG.. Dicks should at least send a $25.00 gift card for your honesty.. Again very nice of you... Midnightguy

Just wondering, did they charge you shipping on all those?

BigMESA said:
...wonders what we all would have done if it was a box full of XLT's........ ::)

or dfx's...lol thats great that u told them about thier error

well being honest should bring you good karma from the MDing gods and if it doesnt well then.... I dont know what will.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back