Youre not going to believe this one :)

F

freightgod

You're not going to believe this one :)

Hello all, this is my first post ever....needs a little introduction.

My family and I have been talking about getting started in detecting for a while now. I recently lost my job so have had some time on my hands. We decided to take the plunge and purchase a good beginner's model, a Tracker IV. After watching ebay auctions for a while I decided to purchase one new from Dick's Sporting Goods online for $130 including shipping. We were all very excited about it's arrival which was due by UPS today. SO ANYWAY...

I got up from bed a little late today and the kids (homeschooled, not playing hookey) were tripping over each other to tell me that UPS had delivered our new metal detector. Wiping the sleep from my eyes I turned the corner and saw a HUGE box sitting there. So much for light and easy to handle, I thought!

So here is a picture of my very first detecting find and probably the most valuable I'll ever have. I never even had the chance to put batteries in the thing! What a great detector this is, it finds multiples of itself automatically!!!!

I hope you've all enjoyed this story, and hopefully it's a harbinger of good things to come. So far we've found two bottle caps in the backyard, but we're headed to the beach this afternoon!

By the way, I have notified Dick's of the error and they are supposedly emailing me a UPS return label this afternoon, so I won't be keeping this bonanza. Hopefully they got my email address wrong :o

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,204
Upvote 0
Re: You're not going to believe this one :)

I once bought a riflescope from a well known company and I kept receiving about one a month for six months. I phoned them and told them of the mistake but they just kept sending them. After my second phone call they finally stopped. I told them to send me a prepaid mailer or a money order for shipping and I would return them. They said no, just keep 'em too much touble. I sold them for a hundred bucks apiece! Monty

Yep. You did the right thing. :) And it's great to meet you! :)

Nana :)

Karma bud, karma. That is the funniest thing I have seen posted here in a while. Hopefully that honesty will pay you off with some awesome finds. Hope you picked the right one from the bunch to keep !

Ahh GrassHopper...

You can now look in the mirrow

and find the greatest treasure.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thats a heck of a sell!!! Buy one get several free. ;D

Re: You're not going to believe this one :) update

I wish I had a metal detecting find to report, but I haven't had much luck yet...however I do have an update on my return of the extra detectors. I just recieved an email from Dick's stating that they had refunded me my money for the one detector I ordered. I never asked them to, and I'm sure it's just another error on their part, but I gotta admit it's pretty neat to at least get one free metal detector out of this whole thing.

wow made back your investment in no time. It just goes to show that doing the right thing brings good karma. Thanks for sharing your story. It's not often we get to see or hear any feel good stories these days. Hope you have many great finds. HH ted

:when you talk to the one that sent you the extra MD"S, let em know that you were going to slowly introduce your family into a Great Hobby, not at break neck speed! Thanks for being so honest! may the treasure gods reward you well !!

Yep....Wake up tomorrow and those bottlecap's you found will have turned into Gold!!!.....Tempting but you did the right thing.....Welcome and looking forward to your find's...HH!!

That has got to be one of the most unique posts EVER!!!

GREAT to hear that you returned them! The shop's getting a good deal on giving you yours free and getting 5 back!!

Not many people can say they made the cost of their detector back in a few days!!! You're even running at a profit of atleast '2 bottlecaps, 3 (newish) dimes, a penny and a piece of barbed wire'!!!

Awsome!!!

Have fun and hope you continue having such good luck,
Salvager

That find is going to be a tough one to top....Good job on doing the right thing.!!!

Great story!

Changing your name to Six Shooters?

Let's see....www dot ebay dot com..... Dick's Sporting.... Wonder if they're still having a sale on those? ... tracker IV.... Just kiddin'. I'd have to say that's some good home schooling right there. ;)

One thing I am very big on is honesty.
You are to be commended for returning the extras.

RESPECTFULLY

~Nashoba~

You got paid back for doing the right thing pretty quick! It always pays to do the right thing, just not always that quick. As my dad would have said, "Son, you have a horseshoe (strategically placed in your anatomy)!" Got ya money back, that's what I'm talking about!!

HH,
Ramapirate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back