Post Your Crazy, Insane and Problem eBay Customers Here... Sellers Too!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got a negative. Guy said it was a fake item. Finally after 3 emails he said refund me and I'll change the feedback. Have not heard back and he has not changed the feedback either. Gonna email him again. He probably won't change it. Pisses me off though. Over a $14 item. Member since 2007 and he can't write back or even email that there is a problem. He has a business too. You would think he would work with ya. Jerk.

He should file a claim through ebay and let the process already put in place take care of it. If you can prove your item is not fake, then you probably dont have to worry about it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured I lost maybe $20 on a $1000 item. Problem is if it doesn't get there, too bad. I could only insure it for half of that. Will change settings though.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured I lost maybe $20 on a $1000 item. Problem is if it doesn't get there, too bad. I could only insure it for half of that. Will change settings though.

This sounds like a giant headache that can be avoided by changing auction settings. I never ever ship outside the US.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a name to block: erbfi. Buys an item that's brand-new in the package. He receives it leaves a negative saying that the items fake. Won't respond to your emails finally though after I sent him five he writes back saying if you refund my money I'll change your feedback. You have no other choice unless you want to keep your feedback. I refund him he never responds back. I contact eBay and they did take the negative off. This was all over a $14 item and it took three weeks to get straightened out. What a pain in the rear. This guy has his own business you would think someone who runs her own business would be able to communicate and work things out with somebody but he just refuses and basically scams you. I was actually going to start leaving comments on the Better Business Bureau for him but I don't know if I'll do that now.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a name to block: erbfi. Buys an item that's brand-new in the package. He receives it leaves a negative saying that the items fake. Won't respond to your emails finally though after I sent him five he writes back saying if you refund my money I'll change your feedback. You have no other choice unless you want to keep your feedback. I refund him he never responds back. I contact eBay and they did take the negative off. This was all over a $14 item and it took three weeks to get straightened out. What a pain in the rear. This guy has his own business you would think someone who runs her own business would be able to communicate and work things out with somebody but he just refuses and basically scams you. I was actually going to start leaving comments on the Better Business Bureau for him but I don't know if I'll do that now.

You should have contacted ebay first. As cyberdan said, if he actually sent that through ebay's messaging, you could have proved feedback extortionand they would have removed the negative.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have contacted ebay first. As cyberdan said, if he actually sent that through ebay's messaging, you could have proved feedback extortionand they would have removed the negative.

You're right I should have. They said they could not do anything unless I try to work it out with him. And I thought he was going to work with me saying it would change it but after I contacted him and already refunded him , eBay did change it thank goodness. 

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Asmbandits....I took my other posts out...But this kind of goes with what your saying....

You make some good points.. Your right, If I list "no returns" "as is" It should mean just that. Hold money until certain transactions are over. I had them hold money on one item. I call and ask "why?" They say" whenever we feel something is suspicious" me.."ok, what is suspicious so I know not to list it like that in the future?" Ebay..."we can't answer that, sometimes it's just random" Me..."HUH? your holding the money? I sent the item! The person has the item, and I can't have my money?" Ebay "no sir, sorry, it's just our policy!" Basically....I was on the phone for a about 20 min. we kept repeating ourselves, him and I, he would just use different excuses, never got a straight answer, or exact reason they held the money on that item.

The items were Coin testers (4 sets). for weighing gold coins, checking for fakes. I sold them way less than they cost brand new.New the sets are somewhere around $700 or so(for all), I sold them BIN for around $200(all 4 different sets). Easy to tell they were in no way fake, The ad was not deceiving at all, they are what they are! The guy on the phone also told me that "might have been the reason." I was too cheap"! Now, they did release the money a few days later, but I have a spotless feedback and my account goes back years. Why hold on that Item but none of the others?

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always think twice when replying to a post. I have deleted my reply many times before posting. I see everyone here is deleting their post so this is just some good advice....

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always think twice when replying to a post. I have deleted my reply many times before posting. I see everyone here is deleting their post so this is just some good advice....

Ya, I went off topic, and saw the request, to remove topic. Easier just to delete some of my posts...:laughing7:

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just learned how to delete posts, didnt know you could do that.. Thanks for the heads up!

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Asmbandits....I took my other posts out...But this kind of goes with what your saying....

You make some good points.... Without going political....It just sucks we are in this position now a days. Your right, If I list "no returns" "as is" It should mean just that. Hold money until certain transactions are over. I had them hold money on one item. I call and ask "why?" They say" whenever we feel something is suspicious" me.."ok, what is suspicious so I know not to list it like that in the future?" Ebay..."we can't answer that, sometimes it's just random" Me..."HUH? your holding the money? I sent the item! The person has the item, and I can't have my money?" Ebay "no sir, sorry, it's just our policy!"

What they were? Coin testers. for weighing gold coins. I sold them way less than they cost brand new.New the sets are somewhere around $700 or so, I sold them BIN for around $200. Easy to tell they were no way fake, The ad was not deceiving at all, they are what they are! The guy on the phone also told me that "might have been the reason." I was too cheap"! Now, they did release the money a few days later, but I have a spotless feedback and my account goes back years. Why hold on that Item but none of the others?

Yeah I get it, you guys are right in the big scheme of it all, my intentions are to help others but I know how it looks.. Thanks for the understanding!

Dealing with ebay is not different than dealing with the mafia in my opinion, everyone knows whats up you just have to let them tell you and do to you what they feel.. I don't see how a legitimate company like this can exists today but it does.. The government should have stepped in a long time ago, but that's another situation all together, think where usps would be without some of these online stores.. They get away with it due to their agreements you acknowledge, but imo there should be laws and regulations in place of what is legal to enforce with these agreements..

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I get it, you guys are right in the big scheme of it all, my intentions are to help others but I know how it looks.. Thanks for the understanding!

Dealing with ebay is not different than dealing with the mafia in my opinion, everyone knows whats up you just have to let them tell you and do to you what they feel.. I don't see how a legitimate company like this can exists today but it does.. The government should have stepped in a long time ago, but that's another situation all together, think where usps would be without some of these online stores.. They get away with it due to their agreements you acknowledge, but imo there should be laws and regulations in place of what is legal to enforce with these agreements..

Well, I think maybe Gov. or laws may have shaped some of this too. It's hard for me to try to sort out, because where's the beginning?

On the other side of it, in Ebays defense as a business? We have other options and we don't have to support their service. If I owned a company I'd make the rules too to maximize profit, to be honest. So, I blame it a little on everything and everyone. :laughing7: I don't think we need more rules and laws, I think less might open things up. Part of it too? There has to be a certain amount of buyers protecting themselves with their choices. If they make a bad choice or purchase?Maybe they should have done a little more research on the seller or the product, asked questions ect....

This is coming from a guy that has made some real bad purchases on there.:laughing7: The only one that was at fault? Was me! I leave good feedback,............ and say.." I should have asked more questions" to myself.

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I think maybe Gov. or laws may have shaped some of this too. It's hard for me to try to sort out, because where's the beginning?

On the other side of it, in Ebays defense as a business? We have other options and we don't have to support there service. If I owned a company I'd make the rules too to maximize profit, to be honest. So, I blame it a little on everything and everyone. :laughing7: I don't think we need more rules and laws, I think less might open things up. Part of it too? There has to be a certain amount of buyers protecting themselves with their choices. If they make a bad choice or purchase?Maybe they should have done a little more research on the seller or the product, asked questions ect....

Yeah I hear what your saying, you're right that we support it given the circumstances. It's almost like a monopoly our sumthin similar though there are other websites similar but just not the popularity of eBay. Someone needs to come out with something better lol.. eBay was brought up on the hard work and faith of sellers like myself and they write us of like pee ons.. could be a great thing if they set it up better..

JunkLover

Jan 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone offered you less than your asking price? Not a big deal. Not sure what the charity aspect of the price has to do with it? If that is your worst experience on ebay then you are very lucky!

It annoyed me because they were trying to haggle with me over an already low-priced item, and one that did not have a Best Offer option. I would have understood the haggling had it been something with a bigger price tag, but this was just a little trinket. And I mentioned the charity aspect of the auction because it was clearly stated in the auction that 100 percent of the proceeds from that auction were going to charity (eBay puts the charity disclaimer in automatically, I wasn't trying to humble-brag). The person just struck me as being extremely cheap, trying to split hairs over an item that I wouldn't even be getting paid for (as in being able to keep the money). Plus I've never heard of anyone trying to haggle over a donation before.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I hear what your saying, you're right that we support it given the circumstances. It's almost like a monopoly our sumthin similar though there are other websites similar but just not the popularity of eBay. Someone needs to come out with something better lol.. eBay was brought up on the hard work and faith of sellers like myself and they write us of like pee ons.. could be a great thing if they set it up better..

There is something that could be done. Most people wouldn't want to be bothered though. Ebay has an arbitration clause in their user agreement, but it doesn't preclude small claims cases. I wonder how quick they would change their policy if they getting hit with a thousand small claims cases a day.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh snap! File this away in your head ... No one can scam you any more, saying they didn't get the package if you use Ebay labels and USPS.

I had a buyer claim she never got the package, even though it says delivered. I didn't know what to do, so I called USPS, and opened a case. I ended up actually calling her local post office. Her mail carrier remembers leaving a priority mail package between the door and screen door. When I said the lady claims she got another package that day from another seller, but not mine, and maybe she actually delivered it to another address ... they looked it up. It seems that those scanners have built in GPS. The carrier was standing in front of this ladies address when she scanned delivered. It wouldn't make sense to scan delivered, and then take it somewhere else.

I'm done with that one. As far as PP and Ebay go, the scan shows it was delivered to her address. I'm not sure what to do at this point if she really didn't get it. The carrier did say she only left one package, and this lady says that she got another one that day, so I don't know. I hope I am done with this.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Oh snap! File this away in your head ... No one can scam you any more, saying they didn't get the package if you use Ebay labels and USPS.

I had a buyer claim she never got the package, even though it says delivered. I didn't know what to do, so I called USPS, and opened a case. I ended up actually calling her local post office. Her mail carrier remembers leaving a priority mail package between the door and screen door. When I said the lady claims she got another package that day from another seller, but not mine, and maybe she actually delivered it to another address ... they looked it up. It seems that those scanners have built in GPS. The carrier was standing in front of this ladies address when she scanned delivered. It wouldn't make sense to scan delivered, and then take it somewhere else.

I'm done with that one. As far as PP and Ebay go, the scan shows it was delivered to her address. I'm not sure what to do at this point if she really didn't get it. The carrier did say she only left one package, and this lady says that she got another one that day, so I don't know. I hope I am done with this.

I just went through this. I told the buyer to open an item not delivered case on eBay. As soon as I got notified by eBay I responded with the tracking information. Then I called eBay & did what the automated system asked. They decided in my favor within an hour. No idea if they refunded the buyer under their money back guarantee just know I'm done with it.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Lucky you! She called her post office, and then told me they said to file a claim. I'll let you know what happens. No idea how the PO will handle this. But it's not my problem. She keeps saying she was supposed to get two packages and only got one. She seems genuine. I really don't think she in particular is trying to scam me. She's been so nice and polite the whole time, and doesn't have a high feedback. At least she isn't hounding me to refund money right now.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess I got lucky one time. Both addresses where in the US. At the time I did not know any better, the buyer said it was a gift and instead of sending it to the buyer if I would send it to the address he gave me. So I did. Never came back as not received. Never thought that it could have been a scam.

I'm only on page 2 of 8 pages, but I have to ask this question.

I'm normally an Amazon customer and not very familiar with eBay. On Amazon, you can choose to have your purchase mailed to a different address. Is that not an option on eBay? Like, if I wanted to buy my dad something and have it shipped to him over 1,000 miles away, wouldn't that be allowed?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread