Post Your Crazy, Insane and Problem eBay Customers Here... Sellers Too!

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was actually going to start leaving comments on the Better Business Bureau for him but I don't know if I'll do that now.
If you know the BBB, you don't get ratings based on what you do it is based on the fees you pay them. If he has a real store do yelp. I think now a days more people go to yelp to check something out than the BBB.

I have left a few scathing comments on yelp and gotten likes and a comment that the same thing happened to them. So I know it works.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received this message on a detector I was selling:

"Please let me know the shipping cost to Krabi 81000. Thailand and payment will settle by T/T to your Bank.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Danny Jieang"

I replied back that shipping was through ebay's global shipping and paypal was the accepted payment. I never heard back...Go figure.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you know the BBB, you don't get ratings based on what you do it is based on the fees you pay them. If he has a real store do yelp. I think now a days more people go to yelp to check something out than the BBB.

I have left a few scathing comments on yelp and gotten likes and a comment that the same thing happened to them. So I know it works.
Yeah, it's bad when you can't even trust the BBB anymore. This country has already gone to hell in a handbasket. Only thing left to do now is watch it burn a slow death.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone hear about the Amazon Ebay scam of DSDomination. I read an article about some guy who made a cat toy some rug like playtoy sold only on amazon. A few months after selling them a friend says I see your selling on ebay. He looks and it is his ad verbatim same picture same everything but priced for like 39.00 instead of his price of 24.00 on amazon. He gets pissed thinking his supplier is selling to other buyers call them no not them. Then he starts getting returns to amazon it cost him like 12.95 for returns the shipping,and amazon stocking his items at their warehouses. He finds out that these people have copied his ad sold on ebay for more money they are Amazon prime members who get free shipping they order them as gifts so no packing slip is in them to the end user, But when the user gets them from abay in an amazon box they look it up on amazon see it for cheaper cancel the ebay and buy it from amazon. So he is getting tons of returns from the ebay guy whos buys from him on amazon as a gift. The ebay guy has a restocking fee of 15 or 20% so even when he gets a refund he still makes money. So the guy who invented the thing starts watching ebay when one sells he then raises his price on amazon to 175.00 for a day or 2. Now the ebay guy needs to fullfill his order or get bad feedback. The site is call DS domination for drop ship domination.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That's insane!! I coulda gone all year without having to hear about scam crap like that!

Thanks for getting the word out. :notworthy:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, It is important that scams be put out to everyone to be aware.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard someone say a long time ago, "There are people who wake up everyday with the sole mission of finding a way to take your money."

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We call them capitalists :D
No, they are called "scammers". Capitalists" are folks who "earn" their money. And while many will say that scammers work hard to earn your money, it isn't quite the same unless the person forking over the money gets something of equal value in return. ...Besides the knowledge to be leery in the future!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard someone say a long time ago, "There are people who wake up everyday with the sole mission of finding a way to take your money."

We call them capitalists :D

No, they are called "scammers".
I call them politicians myself.

13346988_10157685654440377_159034546332024528_n.jpg

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
No, they are called "scammers". Capitalists" are folks who "earn" their money. And while many will say that scammers work hard to earn your money, it isn't quite the same unless the person forking over the money gets something of equal value in return. ...Besides the knowledge to be leery in the future!

Well ... if there are PROFITS involved it hardly be 'equal value in return' now can it?

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Ugh ... negative feedback because the buyer is an idiot. Here's his reason for the feedback on a game disk that he bought from me:

"this not what i thought it was but it an arcade adventure not text adventure"

So, because the idiot didn't know what game he was buying, I get negative feedback. What an idiot. I've raised the issue with eBay ... we'll see if they actually agree with me and strike it off. I've also messaged the buyer as well, requesting him to change it.

My roommate in college always said "People are stupid". Point in case ...

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone hear about the Amazon Ebay scam of DSDomination. I read an article about some guy who made a cat toy some rug like playtoy sold only on amazon. A few months after selling them a friend says I see your selling on ebay. He looks and it is his ad verbatim same picture same everything but priced for like 39.00 instead of his price of 24.00 on amazon. He gets pissed thinking his supplier is selling to other buyers call them no not them. Then he starts getting returns to amazon it cost him like 12.95 for returns the shipping,and amazon stocking his items at their warehouses. He finds out that these people have copied his ad sold on ebay for more money they are Amazon prime members who get free shipping they order them as gifts so no packing slip is in them to the end user, But when the user gets them from abay in an amazon box they look it up on amazon see it for cheaper cancel the ebay and buy it from amazon. So he is getting tons of returns from the ebay guy whos buys from him on amazon as a gift. The ebay guy has a restocking fee of 15 or 20% so even when he gets a refund he still makes money. So the guy who invented the thing starts watching ebay when one sells he then raises his price on amazon to 175.00 for a day or 2. Now the ebay guy needs to fullfill his order or get bad feedback. The site is call DS domination for drop ship domination.

People have built legitimate businesses entirely on drop shipping. It is hardly a scam. That word gets thrown around way too loosely...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread