Post Your Crazy, Insane and Problem eBay Customers Here... Sellers Too!

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
An update for the tens of people who are curious ... I found a link to request a feedback change directly from the customer. I went through it and, shockingly, he amended it to a positive with the comment "could og been advertised a lot better"

Happy about the positive change but still think the guy's off his rocker. With his logic, I'd have to give a detailed description of what the game is like, what a book is about or what happens in a movie. It's a game disk from 1980 dude ... if you're not sure what the game is like, google it and find out.

Sigh ...

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold one jackass two models. The boxes were opened, but the models inside were still sealed in their packages. They were 1:48 models. The buyer claimed that even though the box said 1:48, that they were more like 1:72. There wasn't even anything I could do, because he filed a SNAD case without ever contacting me. I only paid a buck for the models, and 2.60 shipping, so I was out a whopping $3.60. I hope he gets a lump of coal in his stocking.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
With all these horror stories, let me share a good one. I had ordered some movie posters from user moviepostersusa and they noticed that I had ordered 2 copies of the same one. They emailed me to make sure that I did want 2 copies in case I had made a mistake while ordering. Great customer service.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once sold some collectable Item for $3.95 plus $2.60 shipping. After a week of nonpayment I contacted her. She said that she needed to wait until her next paycheck before she could pay. I just let it slide and several weeks later she finally paid me. I just wonder if she can't afford six dollars then maybe she shouldn't be buying these things on eBay. Perspective!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always look at the sellers feed back and reviews. I learn more from reviews on Amazon than anything. But on e-bay I look for sellers that have sold thousands of them. Anything with an out of focus picture will not get my bid. I have made a lot on selling with e-bay. I study like items that sold very well and immulate the way they advertised.
Nowdays what was once rare is now common. We need and everything Amazon page.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just made someone mad. Had a box of jewelry listed by it now forever no one bought it. Relisted it as an auction and this lady sends email would you do a buy it now of about $20 more than what I was asking and I said sure. 2 min later- done, sold... paid... I get another email from somebody else asking the same exact question for a buy it now.

I did not respond to him because I was in the middle of doing the same thing for someone else. I just wanted to get rid of it. 15 emails of how wrong that is. He's mad i did that. Cancel her order and sell to him he will pay me $60 for the box! Or he will contact eBay. I said she asked the same thing you just did. Sorry, too late. This box was online buy it now for probably six months at $32. Blocked him!

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a coin I liked, did some research on "sold" prices for comparable examples. Seller had it listed as $73 OBO, and from what I could find, it is probably not more than a $60-65 coin. So I bid $63 and he counters with $72.50. Ooooh, he lowered it by a whole 50 cents! This is not a terribly uncommon coin, either. Needless to say, I declined the offer and removed the item from my watch list.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a junk drawer lot with a decent coin in it and bid on it. Won the bid and sent the money instantly. Several days go by and I get an email from seller. " I received your payment and sent my daughter to the post office to mail it but I accidently sent it to someone else. I am refunding your money and hope you purchase from me again." I was disappointed and stunned that you could take a package to the post office and mail it and know immediately that it was sent to someone else. I think she didn't get what she wanted for it or decided not to sell. Oh well at least I got my money back.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a junk drawer lot with a decent coin in it and bid on it. Won the bid and sent the money instantly. Several days go by and I get an email from seller. " I received your payment and sent my daughter to the post office to mail it but I accidently sent it to someone else. I am refunding your money and hope you purchase from me again." I was disappointed and stunned that you could take a package to the post office and mail it and know immediately that it was sent to someone else. I think she didn't get what she wanted for it or decided not to sell. Oh well at least I got my money back.

I can see that happening. Sometime when I have a lot of items to mail I have to double check to make sure I have the right item in the right package going to the right person. I have yet (knock on wood) to send the wrong item to the wrong person but it has been close.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You got your money back and she lost a customer, probably for good.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet (knock on wood) to send the wrong item to the wrong person but it has been close.
I sent the wrong items to two people once. Switched items. That was a "duh stupid me" moment. Luckily for me, the one that got the $100 item that was supposed to be a $10 item was honest. It all worked out in the end.

reapp

Nov 1, 2005
I recently sold a $350 photo album consisting of WWII photographs of downed German airplanes and bombed out towns taken by a US GI to a buyer in Germany. He asked for insurance on the package for the purchase price, but asked that the customs declaration state that the content's value were less than $25. I told him that I would not commit fraud, and asked him if he still wanted the album. He said yes so I sent it, and I promptly got a negative feedback for "lousy shipping". It killed my nine year old 100% rating, and ebay has yet to reverse it.

Marley230

Jan 19, 2013
Upstate NY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Watch out for this one User Avatar

Member id
kendopup He ripped us off from a very rare vintage watch plus $2000. After we told him he was being investigated by the USPS he produced an empty box and no watch. What BS! He lives in Australia. This was in 2011 of course they reversed his credit card payment and ruled in his favor it was not insured as he refused to pay for insurance. I am sure he would not get away with this crap now as everything goes to a hub and is tracked. We were out the watch the money and all the fees were zapped on top. This guy even had a friend at the post office write a letter to me but did not sign it. He said they received empty package and then he took a picture of it. I told him to send back the empty package never seen it. He used to have private feedback also. He buys and sells watches.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I did this once a long time ago. then I got online and i learned to print my labels from home. Made life so much easier. I go to the post office to drop stuff off and there's 40 people in line. 2016 ordered a zebra printer. life is good and so much easier with that thing!

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did this once a long time ago. then I got online and i learned to print my labels from home. Made life so much easier. I go to the post office to drop stuff off and there's 40 people in line. 2016 ordered a zebra printer. life is good and so much easier with that thing!

Yeah, I've been printing my own postage labels for a few years at least. Sometimes if nobody is in line, I'll hand the item to a postal clerk instead of just dropping it in a bin. They always seem pleasantly surprised when I tell them it's good to go, postage already on it. Maybe they appreciate customers who know what they are doing :).

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a buyer or someone who bid on something and they started saying that their bid did not go through they waited until six seconds before it ended. It shows on there end that they were the high bidder but the auction ended in favor of someone else. This person sent me probably 20 emails complaining that I did something to make them lose. Or there was a glitch on my end. Or I remove them from bidding. Wanted me to call eBay but I have no record of this persons bid Whatsoever. Here's a copy of one of the emails. My response is at the top of their whining.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484716238.602715.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread