The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like there stature they has "Short Chisels". I suppose they could have made the Indians do it just like they made them go through the Rabbit hole entrances. Indians were small and had short arms for swinging that mini maul. Or they could have chiseled from the top? The top piece of bedrock may have been a large slab they laid in there. We're talking two-three feet of space. If the bed rock was worked from the other direction it would be easy to cut the hole and make a piece from the same type rock and turn it to insert it in the hole. They were pretty clever.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Knights Templar a Masonic Order of the highest degree, named the entrances to Treasure Rooms as Rabbit Holes. These "Treasure Temples" were probably carved by Priests among the order of Knights. It isn't hard to surmise if a Peralta Treasure Room did exist in the Superstition Range it would have the same hidden Rabbit Hole entrance and be closely carved to the same specs as the Knights used. The Jesuits were practicing Free Masonry during this time frame and may have used the secret knowledge of hiding in plain sight.

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stones in possession of the Flag foundation

Attachments

• IMG_20170326_224518.jpg
    IMG_20170326_224518.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20170326_223847.jpg
    IMG_20170326_223847.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 67

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a earlier version of the map without some of the stone map stuff along with other Jesuit marked maps. The story I heard was they originated from a old Canadian Jesuit priest.

The French Jesuits had a strong interest (history?) in the American Southwest, particularly in the early 1700s.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
There is a earlier version of the map without some of the stone map stuff along with other Jesuit marked maps. The story I heard was they originated from a old Canadian Jesuit priest.

Hi Sarge. Do you know the name of the priest or anything about his history or location in Canada? I'm interested in any connection between the Jesuits of New France and the southwest. Thanks.

Auhunt

Dec 7, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it a Scooby Doo mystery.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious why the creator of that map thought the corral in the north east of the Rogers Heart had something to do with the stones. The corral is on north side of the creek after it starts turning towards the old Reavis Ranch, about 3 miles away. Could it be Waltz was misunderstood on his death bed, and said 3 Pens not 3 pines? The corral is fairly small and I have found nothing to show why the corral was even there. Yes there are 3 corrals on the north lines of the heart. I do know a professor at Texas A&M told me he has limited his search to along Frog Tanks Trail because there is physical evidence of the right geological conditions to create a significant lode deposit towards Windy Pass.

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious why the creator of that map thought the corral in the north east of the Rogers Heart had something to do with the stones. The corral is on north side of the creek after it starts turning towards the old Reavis Ranch, about 3 miles away. Could it be Waltz was misunderstood on his death bed, and said 3 Pens not 3 pines? The corral is fairly small and I have found nothing to show why the corral was even there. Yes there are 3 corrals on the north lines of the heart. I do know a professor at Texas A&M told me he has limited his search to along Frog Tanks Trail because there is physical evidence of the right geological conditions to create a significant lode deposit towards Windy Pass.

Sailaway,

If you like that Map let me create another one for you that's similar, but, easier to follow. I think I have a box of crayons and some craft paper my Grandchildren left here somewhere...
Obviously, Travis inspired a whole generation of fake map's. He's such a little Rascal!

Like I've said in the past before, you need no physical map to find Spanish Gold mines. Just spend some time at the sites of the old Spanish Gold \ Silver mines and you'll see why. They all have carved heart trails and pointers leading right to the entrances. The hearts get smaller as you get closer and they're carved out of solid bedrock raising up to about sight level. They also have a least one Witch or Wizard, and many walkers monuments along the trails inbound. The rest is secret information that only one who's spent years studying at these sites would know.

Last edited:

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sailaway,

If you like that Map let me create another one for you that's similar, but, easier to follow. I think I have a box of crayons and some craft paper my Grandchildren left here somewhere...
Obviously, Travis inspired a whole generation of fake map's. He's such a little Rascal!

Like I've said in the past before, you need no physical map to find Spanish Gold mines. Just spend some time at the sites of the old Spanish Gold \ Silver mines and you'll see why. They all have carved heart trails and pointers leading right to the entrances. The hearts get smaller as you get closer and they're carved out of solid bedrock raising up to about sight level. They also have a least one Witch or Wizard, and many walkers monuments along the trails inbound. The rest is secret information that only one who's spent years studying at these sites would know.

View attachment 1432465

Kind of like this one has a heart with a 3 in the middle?

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Originally Posted by Bill Riley ;
Indians were small and had short arms for swinging that mini maul.
As an Original Indigenous Native American I take extreme offense to that statement. I do not know what Indians you are basing your observations on but that was not the normal native. You can read about differences in physical characteristics of different tribes here,
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/native-american-anatomy.htm
I am personally 6 feet tall with arms long enough to hold another back while they swing away. My Grandfather was a professional U.S. boxing title holder with 144 KO's, that did not include the TKO's in the 30's. My hands are large enough I can usually wrap a joint of my fingers over most men's hands when placing our palms together. Average for my tribe, and look just like my great great grandfather. Yet I would rather run than fight as I can out run most people in distance runs.

Back to topic, what would a person find if searching the center area of the Rogers Heart?

View attachment 1432503
This is the smaller of two, the larger one with war bonnet on can be seen just partially, behind and above on other side of the ridge, I have shown Google pictures of the one behind this one, Notice the crosses on the rocks to the upper right of picture.

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1432465

Kind of like this one has a heart with a 3 in the middle?

Carrol, The Hearts I'm referring to are about fist sized and made from bedrock outcrops sticking up as you approach the mine from above. They're accompanied by light sky closed shaft symbols and "X's" with pointer's all in a line towards the once hidden entrance. Nice picture you have there!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As an Original Indigenous Native American I take extreme offense to that statement. I do not know what Indians you are basing your observations on but that was not the normal native. You can read about differences in physical characteristics of different tribes here,
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/native-american-anatomy.htm
I am personally 6 feet tall with arms long enough to hold another back while they swing away. My Grandfather was a professional U.S. boxing title holder with 144 KO's, that did not include the TKO's in the 30's. My hands are large enough I can usually wrap a joint of my fingers over most men's hands when placing our palms together. Average for my tribe, and look just like my great great grandfather. Yet I would rather run than fight as I can out run most people in distance runs.

Back to topic, what would a person find if searching the center area of the Rogers Heart?
View attachment 1432503
This is the smaller of two, the larger one with war bonnet on can be seen just partially, behind and above on other side of the ridge, I have shown Google pictures of the one behind this one, Notice the crosses on the rocks to the upper right of picture.

You need to take a course on reality. Indians in the 1600's were small just as white European's were. My reference was to the fact the Spanish enslaved the Indians for their mining. Also the Indians could dig a shaft smaller then anyone back then and usually dug the wells for the Spanish. I'm native American too and I take offense you think your bigger than we are!

It works both ways.

I'm not trying to offend just show you Travis's maps were fake.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still do not agree with you as there were Natives in the 1600 that were shown off by Spaniards as Giants and would show the Natives strength off to other Spaniards.
Please keep your opinions of my education needs to yourself. I have shown you the fact book about Native's stature, if you disagree go argue with them. When in Spain, most Spanish only came up to my sternum when I was at the age of 11. So you have a CDIB or just a statement of Native blood? My Native blood goes back to northern Alabama Creek/Cherokee being as you claim to be offended by my size, most males in my family are 6.2 to 6.4 so I feel small. It could be I am prejudiced because of my own heritage tribal size, yet around other Natives I seem normal sized. I know many Natives from many different tribes.
Native Giants.JPG
photo from Native Education and news
I have camped and prospected around De Soto Falls in Georgia.

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rogers Ledge from Iron Mountain.png
Could this be what is left of the view that was described as a city of gold by Fray Marcos de Niza?
Makes me want to get out the Head East CD for the City of Gold.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Mike, the fact that Tumlinson and his brother BELIEVED the stones were real, and we can only infer the belief (it seems logical) still does not prove the stones are genuine, only that the Tumlinsons believed they were genuine. It is quite possible they were the first victims of a mean hoax.

Have you been up in the Superstitions personally? I have, and spent a fair amount of time there - it is beautiful country; I do respect Bob Corbin and Tom Kollenborn but keep one thing in mind - neither of them has found the Dutchman's mine or the Peralta mines for that matter. From what I saw with my own eyes in the Superstitions, I could not support any idea of a whole group of lost mines there. There simply is not the amount of evidence that would be there if there had been a group of mines. If you have not been there, I hope you will take the time to go up and poke around, if there is any truth to the Peralta legends perhaps you will get lucky and can settle this issue for all time.

Oroblanco

Roy,

Hope all is well with you and Beth.

Not sure your post is 100% correct. No one knows what those two have found in the mountains......for sure. You should have inserted (as far as I know) in there somewhere.

Other than that small disagreement, I consider your post spot on.

Take care,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread