Nothin BUT, Drill Holes...

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
each square is a yard on the grid. the five dots that make the star is comprised of five carvings. it certainly shows a pattern here. almost like the one i posted . my map and the pattern differ slightly , which could be compass error. i ran a string and shot compass lines on it. crude but it shows the pattern very quickly. this is a very early map i made. much more will be added to it as i go .

OP
OP
Clay Lindsey

Clay Lindsey

Jan 8, 2010
Sierra Vista, AZ
Matty,

I gotta tell ya brother, that star overlay (1st pic) help out tremendously. Truth be told, I already had an idea that I was working and your post made it very solid for me. I was off only by 100 yards or so. I feel like Don Jose... I have the imagery of the target area and it looks very promising. I can't wait to go hiking tomorrow....

This is what this thread (and forum) is supposed to be all about. Different treasure hunters, experiencing a similar thing and sharing information to make it happen for those who want to apply the effort. I just hope I can do this well by someone else. Thanks again Matty.

Clay

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clay Lindsey said:
Ok! Back on track. I'm posting this next photo for two reasons: for one, it better shows the "corner" on the boulder. And for two, it shows how much detail can be lost by taking a photo of your proposed S/S in a certain way. In summary, because I took the first photo head on at the corner, it made the rock look flat. By losing the third dimension, I may have lost some important information. So be careful when you take pictures out in the field. Note: the third hole (upper left) is behind my shoulder by my chin.
I rule out SELF-SUPPORTING tripod, given the seemingly near vertical angle of the face. I would not rule a hand held tripod device with the same function at the sight wire found on the lid of a lensatic compass. If it were designed for THAT purpose, then hopefully there is enough information to lead you to the next place where you could find another tripod template and even more information.

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
getting away from tripod,does anyone else see this guy?

Attachments

• where four sit what the h--l2.JPG
    where four sit what the h--l2.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,733

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Just thought I would show an example of a shallow drill hole done with just a few turns of a "star" drill. I guess we should disreguard the other signs due to the title of this thread?

Oddrock

Attachments

• july2010 004 (640x480).jpg
    july2010 004 (640x480).jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 1,561

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
up closer pic

Oddrock

Attachments

• july2010 003 (640x480).jpg
    july2010 003 (640x480).jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 1,557

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
dsty said:
The mouth on the head or the V is interesting and did you make the drill hole, have you looked on the bottom
Yes the V is interesting.....no I did not make the drill hole...(ouch, I would never make a mark myself and then try to pass it off on someone! ) all I did was remove the "pebble" and gently brush out a little dirt. Found a few more about the same depth on other rocks that were shaped different. (they also had a pebble in the hole) As of yet I have not flipped any of them, so as not to lose any precise angles?

Oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Another couple questions: 1) why do more and more clues keep appearing, 2) why are damaged clues repaired or replaced?

I know that the recent lore assumes that solving these clues will lead the smart guy to a treasure in hidden gold, but what if it leads the smart guy to something else instead?

[/quote]
Springfield,

Sorry for the belated reply. My best guess on your last 3 questions......the best reason I can think of as far as clues appearing, being repaired or replaced would be that someone is aware of The Location and they do not have a better place to hide it or the ability to remove it. If a smart or lucky guy is led to a treasure that is not hidden gold/$ then his treasure is the knowledge gained in his search.

Oddrock

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State
There has been prior discussion about notches IN drill holes. Here is a rock with two otherwise smooth drill holes, the close-up is of the center hole. It is exactly three inches deep.
What might be the significance of these notches (If they were intentionally made?)

Thanks for all your fascinating insight! :read2:
Ground0

Attachments

• 2927.JPG
    2927.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,471
  • 2929.JPG
    2929.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,459

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Good Post GroundO, excellent side marks on the one close up, and for noticing the notches, there's several ways to work these and you might need to work all of them to find the answer, but here's my thoughts, usually go from large to small and theres two directions, one to the right, one straight ahead, measurements should be by the foot ( 3 " rough hewn hole, looks KGC to me ) and that's how I would work it,and also I would figure that the notches would point the directions of travel, look for a triangle ( because of the placement of the holes )in the direction of the notch, measure by the foot, depth of holes could hold the answer to distance, measure the distance's between the holes , figure that you are at the 3 inch hole, better photos are needed for the peck marks around all holes straight up and down flash please or a light called "Smart BBQ" it uses 3 triple A batteries and works great for looking down holes, it looks kinda like the type used in operating room except lots smaller. Works good for using to look at ribs in a smoker also. That is one, way follow the notches, see what you find, It should be within 300 yards, look for profiles, grass growing out of the center of a rock, small rock sitting on top of a large rock, eye catchers, KGC Will cover up most of a important ground level rock with dirt, I found one with about 4 inches of dirt, it had a 1" X 1" rough hewn drill hole in a part of the rock that was sticking out above ground level, good luck and be safe,thank you for your post. Thank you Clay for your site. Thanks Ernie

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The squared off work is done after the basic hole is drilled into the rock.

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
DSTY, these are some drill holes that we found in a straight line. The one on the left is 6 1/2 cm long, 3 cm wide, and 3 1/2 cm deep. The middle hole is 4 cm long, 2 1/2 cm wide, and 2 1/2 deep. The small one on the right is 2 cm wide and 1 cm deep. the distance from the left one to the middle one is 18 cm, center to center. From the middle one to the right one is 30 cm, center to center. Pictures are laid out in order of drill holes left to right. The last picture is a drill hole in the very right end of the rock. It is 8 cm across and 4 cm deep. Please look them over. Thanks RH2

Attachments

• IMGP1070.JPG
    IMGP1070.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,228
  • IMGP1069.JPG
    IMGP1069.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 1,236
  • DSCN0506.JPG
    DSCN0506.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 1,230
  • IMGP1072.JPG
    IMGP1072.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 1,235
  • DSCN0510.JPG
    DSCN0510.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 1,217
  • DSCN0520.JPG
    DSCN0520.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 1,210

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Leroy, your post # 1069 has the profile of a nesting bird with a V for a beak and probably have the same meaning as a rabbit. Thank you for your post, Thank you Clay for your site and coagulation's on your new changes. If you had rather I can email you

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
oddrock
Just a tiny footnote about your comment...
Just thought I would show an example of a shallow drill hole done with just a few turns of a "star" drill. ?

If this is an Spanish era site, the star drill had not been invented yet..the first stone drill was a chisel with a single 'blade' that is why it had to be hit then turned with each blow of the hammer, later in the Gold Rush era, the first I learned of its use..the Star drill was really just several single blades placed in a circle so that when struck, the star drill would be much more efficient than the single bladed chisel...
hope this helps
rangler

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread