Nothin BUT, Drill Holes...

grillz

Aug 2, 2009
Clay, check the diameter of the star shaped hole when you're out that way again. The overall diameter of it appears to be the same as the other two holes, however, the main shaft of the star hole looks to be of a smaller diameter. Also the four holes appear to make two entirely different triangles. I say "appear to make" because there may be distortion in the way the photo was taken.

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
I posted this in "Pioneer Scribble .. " a long time ago but I don't recall any feedback. Anyone think this is a drill hole? It's between my two panels and no evidence of indian occupation. I'm going to guess the hole is about 4 or 5 inches wide and about 3 inches deep. 100% manmade, for certain.

Attachments

• drillhole3.jpg
    drillhole3.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 732
  • drillhole3.jpg
    drillhole3.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 717

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Yes it is a drill hole, if its easy to get to take a can of air and blow all the debris out of the hole and from around the outside, ( be careful with your eyes ) there should be another carving nearby, drill holes with a flat bottom give up pretty good info, and you are in the neighborhood, one that I found had 7 other carvings within a 40 foot circle, the only one that had useful info was the flat bottom hole, the others were to keep you busy digging holes, you need to clean the hole then use every method to bring out features for direction, distance should be 190 feet, unless there's a chip out of the shoulder / side/ bottom or anything else that would change things

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Dsty, et al
here are three holes that were not drilled but molded in to concrete made from local materials...this was placed under an oak tree, from 10 feet away it looked like Indian grinding rock holes, which i have found many..this one though, when I cleaned out the holes were pointed at the bottom,. and that mystery I have yet to solve...
any thoughts, the pic of this is lost in a burnt up hard drive.so recreated by my rude drawing.
rangler

Attachments

• 3 holes rangler.png
    3 holes rangler.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 696

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
dsty said:
Yes it is a drill hole, if its easy to get to take a can of air and blow all the debris out of the hole and from around the outside, ( be careful with your eyes ) there should be another carving nearby, drill holes with a flat bottom give up pretty good info, and you are in the neighborhood, one that I found had 7 other carvings within a 40 foot circle, the only one that had useful info was the flat bottom hole, the others were to keep you busy digging holes, you need to clean the hole then use every method to bring out features for direction, distance should be 190 feet, unless there's a chip out of the shoulder / side/ bottom or anything else that would change things

Thanks Dsty. This panel is up on a ledge approximately 40 - 50 feet away from this hole.

Attachments

• panel2a.jpg
    panel2a.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 675
  • panel2b.jpg
    panel2b.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 657
  • panel2a.jpg
    panel2a.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 674
  • panel2b.jpg
    panel2b.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 662

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Wonderful photos and drawings, they are such a fine example of the different types drill holes available thru out this wonderful land, I DO NOT believe that anyone can figure out the meaning of all the different ones, say for instance that one 4" X 4" with a flat bottom seems to say you are at the last corner of an important triangle ( get the distance / direction of the three corners involved the corners will have a combination ) I had a 8" wide X 4" deep flat bottom drill hole with a shoulder 1/2 way down, = 2 distances - 1 distance = 8X4 = 2 cordell + 1/2 way down = 1 cordell = 3 cordell total or approx. 570 feet it had 2 each 1/4" holes for direction ( 335 degrees ) which led to the other1/2 of the windrose where the 2 angled drill holes ( sharp narrow bottom ) were 90 feet apart and using the compass degrees and distances from the 1st triangle I was able to find the old hand dug hole 7 feet deep. Flat bottom, sharp bottom, rounded bottom, angled holes, the largest drill hole that I have seen was 30" across, the smallest was 1/4 inch, all have different reasons, purposes, If folks would start sharing what they have figured out perhaps everyone could prosper, food for thought perhaps a 5 sitting on an angle of approx could be a symbol for a mooring hole. Rangler I do agree that a drill hole with a saucer shape bottom, gentle slope to the sides indicates distance and trail marker. Once more I believe there will be several dig here indicators in the area. Thanks everbody

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
rangler said:
So when you find a drill hole, look close to the surrounding area, in a 360 area...look for a cavity, it will be empty...from that spot you should be able to find the next sign.. one I found - the empty hole cast a shadow of an eagles head, and sure enough to the south was the next mark, only one, that one told me that the next sign was underground.
hope this helps
rangler

What does a symbol look like that says the next sign is underground? That okay to ask?

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Just my thoughts, a owl = sees good in the dark (look at the shadows ) Turtle = go very slow and look good, two turtles = double may indicate something underground, laying eggs near-by, should be something to indicate direction and distance, 4 inch drill hole = measure by cordell , 3 inch drill hole = measure by the foot. Just a guess on my part.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
dsty said:
Just my thoughts, a owl = sees good in the dark (look at the shadows ) Turtle = go very slow and look good, two turtles = double may indicate something underground, laying eggs near-by, should be something to indicate direction and distance, 4 inch drill hole = measure by cordell , 3 inch drill hole = measure by the foot. Just a guess on my part.

I have had better luck working with dsty's guesses, than I have with some folks' facts. LOL

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Thank you Thom, you have always been a inspiration to me as several others have been also , Two stacked turtles I think I would look for something stacked in the direction of something concealed on the turtle ( on/ nearby ). Kim has given me so much to look in her site's, you don't even know the nights that I close my eyes and up pops a elephant, slim face guy,( THANKS KIM ) actually she was the one that got me looking at the mason layout in Washington D.C.. They are all there, even the 10 mile square ( 5 leagues anyone seen a 5 lately, V ) No theres not a elephant symbol in D.C. but there is a rectangle on Kims elephant. Just as Thom has said "There Are No Silly Guestions". Everyone contributes, everybody learns, I have often wondered if there's something inside of / the corner of / just outside the Symbols, such as a land mark that would match what someone would find in the field, such as the corner of the triangle or whats that building that has 6 sides, I think there something in the center, dang- it back to the pencil and paper for me.

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
does anyone have any idea about a drill hole that is drill so that you look at it vertically instead on flat on ground? big drill hole 8x8. thanks brent

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Brent, are you saying that you look at it from underneath, Thom hit the nail on the head, 4" X 4" = 198 feet X 2 = 396 feet, I would look for something underground with a probe, do you have a good indicator for travel, if it has anything on the sides ( shoulder / ridge / ring ) 1/2 way down then it = indicates 2.5 X, something underground may only be something on a rock with the symbol facing down to something 12" deep. ( careful it may be something small or fragile 1/2" X 10" thick with something carved on the bottom that indicates the next distance / direction. good luck

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Aw dsty..lol. That elephant! I still think about him myself. Hehe. I will post the one I believe you are thinking about over on Thoms thread. The elephant has company, They are all having a nice little get together.

I think drill holes finally starting to sink in. Thank you so much for teaching us! Any idea what it means when a drill hole goes through the rock completely?

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
There's some on a couple of sites that I have worked, seems that they seem to say ( these are 1" ) start at the top of the hill, the site is kinda confusing to me shallow to deep going down the hill to all the symbols, there's 5 in a row about 20 feet apart and the last one is 30' inches deep all the way thru the rock, but the correct way to follow is to go over the top of the hill and may indicate the cache site ( I didn't know anything about a windrose then 1986 ). The 5 in a row points to the NW corner of a rectangle, four corners 360 feet North South and 460 feet East and West, the line of drill holes seem to form a large dipper, using the NW corner as a point of attachment there was 2 drill holes in the SE corner of the rectangle which indicated go to the reverse. At that time the property changed hands, requirement was $100.per day, no contract, owner had be present anytime I was on the property, I waved and went to another site, may have been on Red River, which is another story. The other site was about 20 miles away still on the Canadian River, huge bolder a 1" drill hole all the way thru on an angle ( 30 inches ) there was another 1" drill that was deep out of a bluff about on an angle 250 feet to the North, someone else took that site over also, I feel that they were mooring holes but don't have the necessary information to continue. The best information I can give is it a starting point to others in the vicinity.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Brent, that's a mooring hole, looks like it may be on a head of some kind, could it be a bunny rabbit, I would walk the way that offered the most restiance, best anchor point for something to be attached to, up hill it seems to me, I would walk that direction anyway and look for a old hole ( cache site ) I would also look at 335 degrees from that mooring hole ( or reverse ) for the other mooring hole, may be a couple hundred feet. Does anyone ever look at the top of the page at the KELLYCO ad, there's a blank just below and a search, fill in the blank and hit search, shows every thing that pertains to anything that's been posted. Remember that mooring holes are from 1/4 inch to any size they determine which I would think that 4 inch would be the more common, sharp bottom = look for the distance elswhere, ( pattern that you have passed, layed out and can be a combination of symbols )

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
The Search is only available to charter members.

Oddrock

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Dsty,
I ran across this hole that i thought was natural at first. 6 inches wide 3 inches deep. Then i found 4 more leading up a hill. The top one was about 8 inches deep. Have you came across any holes that wide?

Attachments

• drill hole 1.jpg
    drill hole 1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 323
  • drill hole 2.jpg
    drill hole 2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 328

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Tin, the drill holes that I have seen thats in a row are directional follow deep ( large ) to shallow, most have more than one meaning, 4 is an interesting number, I think the 4th book of the bible is the book of Numbers, ( used one leaves 3 ) 3rd chapter, 2nd verse or possibly it could be verse 11 . Thats just to let you know that there's so many complated directions to go with a question . Got to go I will give more thought to the site Thanks for the post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread