Nothin BUT, Drill Holes...

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Theres a formula that I have used and it seems to hold true for all holes, 10 CM wide = pace 3 / 2 inch wide = foot measurement, 1 inch wide = pace and may indicate X feet also, there's so many things that will change everything, the thing that got me to thinking is that 5 large boulders ( 4 ft X 4 ft ) each with a 1 inch drill hole in the top from the top of the hill 4 inches deep / next 8 inches deep / next 12 inches deep / 16 inches deep / 20 inches deep / 48 inches deep all were about 20 / 25 feet apart ( all the way thru the rock ) follow the line of drill holes 480 feet and find a huge rock and figuring the directions and carvings I found a rectangle 360 feet X 460 feet with carvings of every description, two per each corner and one was a T that was connected to a 4" X 6" ( small rectangle = map ) out from the NW corner of the small rectangle that was 90 feet out from SW corner of the huge rectangle. I spent about 3 years on that one until it started costing me money, and every one knows that the huge map that's layed out on the ground only shows how the windrose is layed out and the measurements / direction and its the only one that I've seen that had things layed out in a rectangle. But you still have to follow the drill holes deep to shallow, and I did find one of the windrose corners and the lower right hand side had some initials but don't remember what they were, at the time I was working outlaw and wasn't interested

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Here is an older example.
IMG_1320mk.jpg
Not sure how to make the pic bigger on insert.

Attachments

• IMG_1396mk.jpg
    IMG_1396mk.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State
I found a pyramid shaped pile of rocks exactly where the drill hole is in relation to the signs (river contour.) Now I'm investigating the notches in the hole itself and how they might play into the equation. Seems this is truly a rock map...accurate, too. Thought I might pass it along.
All the best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread