2 Reale in the park

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you have read Rick's post you know we when coin popping tonight to drive up the silver count before the end of the year. Rick was first on the board with a couple of late model silvers, we had been hunting for nearly 4 hours before I got my first good coin and boy was it a good one. 1801, 2 Reale......... IN A PARK for crying out load. That was the last thing I expected to get there but you just never know. The next 2 coins I dug were 1 dollar loonies.:hello2:

The gun is a toy but the bullet is real.
20131122_230936.jpg

Before cleaning,
22Nov13-4.png 22Nov13-3.png
After cleaning,
20131122_230735.jpg 20131122_230633.jpg

HH,
ZDD

Upvote 12

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow congrats! That's really good detail on the 2 Reale! Is the gun a toy or real?

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great detail on that coin. Maybe the park was old farm land and there's more waiting.

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a park of all places. I wonder how many MD's passed over that beauty.

Great find.

HH

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET SILVER ZDD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems weird that you guys finding lotsa them coins up your way but I have yet to see one down here.....I would think they would be more plentifull towards the sea.

But I,m a newb ....... one thing I,m quickly learning is------you never know what or where your going to find something awesome at this hobby.

Congrats !!!

Keep up the great hunting.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a nice find.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is an awesome find. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a park of all places. I wonder how many MD's passed over that beauty.

Great find.

HH
If you noticed there was very little modern coinage found in that park which leads me to believe it was well hunted. This 2 reale was around 10 inchs deep, I almost didn't dig it and when I removed the plug I lost the signal, again I almost filled it in, then I turned 90 deg. and rechecked, bang I got the signal again so I dug down deeper and the rest is history. This was found using an AT Pro and 5x8 coil. So all you park diggers out there keep this in mind when sifting through those trashy parks, don't get too picky with those signals.:thumbsup:
HH,
ZDD

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Seems weird that you guys finding lotsa them coins up your way but I have yet to see one down here.....I would think they would be more plentifull towards the sea.

But I,m a newb ....... one thing I,m quickly learning is------you never know what or where your going to find something awesome at this hobby.

Congrats !!!

They're down here...or at least they were until I moved into the area...:laughing7:

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats !!!

They're north, south, east, and west of me but I'm still looking myself.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow what an awesome find. lots of sharp detail on that one. a lot of spanish silver posted on the forum has significant wear. congrats!

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow what an awesome find. lots of sharp detail on that one. a lot of spanish silver posted on the forum has significant wear. congrats!

Hi Dave, Congratulations on the find, look like the coin was minted in LIMA, PERU.....Joe McDonough

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME job on the 2 reale! It's a beauty.
Congrats,
MM

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't matter what is there now, because who knows what was there before. I dug a CT copper at a park here. (but it is an old area and fairly old park too)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats !!!

You hunt enough good early sites and you'll definitely see them. I only average about one a year and have definitely hunted my share of old sites over the years.... so even though I believe any old areas will have them, you can't really count on digging 5 a year even if you're finding lots of sites.

PS: There's so many other things I'd rather find than Spanish silver, but if you're still waiting for your first I can see how you'd be looking forward to that. Mine sort of caught me by surprise because I was doing so bad at finding the stuff my first 1.5 years I sort of stopped thinking about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread