A GOOD DAY DIVING THE 1715 FLEET!!!

..I always expect that the 'good stuff' is never reported...and I don't mean to imply this a bad thing..God knows the govt is nothing but common criminals... :icon_thumleft:

Apolla said:
We are now up to 45 gold coins and 52 silver coins in the cannon.

..let me be the last to say Apolla...you are a real treasure.... 8)

greg can retire after this summer.

Wow...is that 45 including the original 22 or a total of 67. Please keep the updates coming...can't wait to see the new coins cleaned up.

Thanks

NJ

Thanks, Apolla. Everyone says 1715 treasure is a bygone era. We now have hope again :icon_thumleft:

..I think Apolla is a worthy of a banner....and I dare ANY pirate here to disagree...!

I guess it goes to show you that persistance is the key to success in life. Forget "TODAYS THE DAY" if you ask me... its "NEVER GIVE UP YOUR DREAMS"!

I have always heard of stories about cannons packed with treasure but to find one is absolutely amazing.... Today we watched Bill Moore the conservator at the Mel Fisher Museum as he pulled Gold and Silver coins out of the breach of the Bronze Swivel Gun we found a couple days ago... He pulled 25 Gold and 38 Silver Coins and still there is more cleaning to do... Our total count so far is 48 Gold Two Escudos and 45 Silver four's and Eight's and a Bronze Gun...

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!! :hello2:

Greg, this absolutely FANTABULOUS!! and it just doesnt end. I have a feeling that this is not just an isolated find, but the start of something even bigger. Talk to you soon.

Most likely the cannon was stored in the hold next to some chests of coins.Being the breach was open when the ship wrecked and the coins came out of their chests,or the chests broke or got crushed from debris from above they ended up in the breach of the cannon.

FISHEYE said:
Most likely the cannon was stored in the hold next to some chests of coins.Being the breach was open when the ship wrecked and the coins came out of their chests,or the chests broke or got crushed from debris from above they ended up in the breach of the cannon.

Or they were contraband hidden in the cannon.

The cannons muzzle was plugged by an unknown substance and the coins appeared to have been placed there maybe in a sack.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back