And we are the crazy ones?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Some folks don't have a problem with this, and believe it or not, I understand. I'm not one of those folks however. I own that park, and I own my lawn. I don't want dog crap on either of them, and I don't believe that I'm being unreasonable in insisting that such individuals comply with the law. I suspect that most people would have a problem with me taking a crap on their lawns, in spite of it being a "natural process." (The one dog-walker that I caught letting his dog do its thing on my lawn certainly seemed to take issue with this suggestion.) I suppose that it's potentially a health issue, sure, but more importantly it's a matter of respecting the rights of others.

BINGO :occasion14:

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was raised on a farm .....

Usta shovel out the stalls barefoot

Nuff said.
As did I, not the point. Cow manure is very healthy and made for great manure for the taters. Dog poop, not so much. Trust me, I have worked for the CDC for many years.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let me preach for a bit. OK so you guys are mad about dogs pooping in parks yards ect.? Or are you mad about the people not cleaning it up? If you're mad about dogs pooping in public places you are ignorant. I also know for a fact you have never walked a dog. A dog will go when a dog has to go. It could have gone 20 minutes ago but it has to again. Now if you're complaining about people not picking it up yea that's understandable.

PETA backing up animal owners? City rules are city rules PETA can have as many rallies or protests as they please the city will probably not budge. I mean PETA is more for abuse and slaughtering. Even though PETA stands for (people eating tasty animals)
Your right! I never walked my dogs, you know why? Because it's nuts. My dogs went poop in a 3x6 long piece on sand/dirt in the backyard. They were all hunting dogs as we'll. And you really want me to blow your mind? They wouldn't poop in the field either, or eat without my permission. That's right, people would lay out poisoned bait for the dogs. Those same crazy anti hunting freaks would try and kill our hunting dogs. My buddy lost one of the best German short haired pointers I've ever seen work those birds. So we trained our dogs not to eat until we allowed. So if a person is letting their dog poop on your lawn, say something.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right! I never walked my dogs, you know why? Because it's nuts. My dogs went poop in a 3x6 long piece on sand/dirt in the backyard. They were all hunting dogs as we'll. And you really want me to blow your mind? They wouldn't poop in the field either, or eat without my permission. That's right, people would lay out poisoned bait for the dogs. Those same crazy anti hunting freaks would try and kill our hunting dogs. My buddy lost one of the best German short haired pointers I've ever seen work those birds. So we trained our dogs not to eat until we allowed. So if a person is letting their dog poop on your lawn, say something.

You never walked you dog? Lol

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You never walked you dog? Lol
Exactly! Doesn't make sense to you does it? Didn't think it would. You see, my dogs lived outside. Get it now? If they needed to poop, they would exit their house and go poop. Isn't that so simple.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wonderful neighbors have an average of 5 dogs at any one time they let run loose. They dont have collars nor shots, and poop right in front of gate and all over my driveway. Along with the constant barking nothing will be done as the owners are illegals. Yes my neighbors are illegals, and you can bet they dont have to follow the same laws we do. Enough said I have seen a owner take her dog to the tot lot just to poo and leave it, face it, some folks shouldn't have kids let a lone dogs.

My only sane response to my problem as nothing else has worked is to not have one of my females fixed. Once every 6 months she goes into heat and the neighbors get some taste of their own medicine.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Exactly! Doesn't make sense to you does it? Didn't think it would. You see, my dogs lived outside. Get it now? If they needed to poop, they would exit their house and go poop. Isn't that so simple.

I agree - it's very simple. If they're pooping on your lawn, fine. That's your lawn. If they're pooping anywhere else, you've now created a problem for someone else. Own it, be responsible, and clean it up. It doesn't get much simpler than that. (As an added bonus, it's the law here. I'll bet that it's the law there as well. Few people enjoy finding random dog turds on their property.)

pjduff

Mar 3, 2012
Madison, IN
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm twice as crazy, cause I both metal detect in public parks, and "deface" the park that way, and I walk my Greyhound in those same parks every day and "deface" the park that way too. He does his business both in my yard and at the parks I take him to, he is always kept on a leash in public places, and I always pick up what I can of his poop in public places and bring it back to the house to put in the compost pile. So, I guess I'm kinda biased, but I see nothing wrong with people's dogs doing their business in parks, as long as the dog is on a leash and their owners pick up what they can.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Explain your problem if the owner keeps his dog on a leash and cleans up after him.
Can I take a dump on your front lawn, I promise I'll pick it up.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my wife and I were first married, we rented an apartment in town, a single mother beside us had her toddler poop on the sidewalk in front of our door, as a joke. The kid is a highway patrolman now, If he ever pulls me over, you can bet I'll be bringing up that story.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny story here... I missed the "money shot" but was there when it was being set up. Took my street car to a friends of mine to get some work done. When I pulled up he was really pissed off. His custom car was sitting at the edge of the concrete away from other cars. It had some beautiful chrome polished wheels on it. Seems the neighbors large male dog would come over and pee all over the back left wheel everyday and he couldn't catch it doing it. So ole' Bob put a piece of sheet metal down by the tire and ran a 12-2 wire out to the wheel and the steel plate and hooked a wire to each. He came back in the garage and plugged the other end into a 110 outlet. Next day I go back to get car and ole' Bob is just smiling away. He said he didn't see the dog coming over but he said he heard it!!!! He said he ran out of garage and the dog was just lying about 4 ft. from the car looking around. He said the dog got up and walked home "ok". Later Bob said the dog NEVER came into the yard again.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason there's so much dog crap everywhere now (besides the fact there's way more dogs than ever) is because of the "new breed" of dog owners here in the city.
For some reason, they think they have to right to go EVERYWHERE without putting their dogs on a leash. This is against the law and also very selfish!
I've observed dogs running ahead or behind their owners and taking a big, steamy dump without them being aware.
When that big dog jumps on you, getting your clothes all dirty and scratches your skin, the owner stands there laughing......
"Oh ho ho, don't worry.....he's friendly!" :BangHead: Idiots!
These new dog owners cut holes in the chain link fences at our golf courses because they can't stand seeing a green space that their dog can't run all over.
Sure enough, all of our golf courses have several dog owners (trespassing) walking their dogs without leashes, roaming all over the greens, taking dumps and digging holes.
Big huge fancy parks that have a small area at the back designated for off leash means that the WHOLE entire park is off-leash!
Even the ones walking down the sidewalks with leashes will let their dog crap on my lawn and then pick it up with me sitting on the steps watching.
Often it's a female dog and their piss makes a nice brown dead spot on my lawn. WTF!
I don't understand the ig-norance. When I walk a dog and it wants to go in someone's yard, I tug on the leash, preventing it from doing so.
Which leads me to another observation of the new breed of dog owner......
They do not walk their dogs.......THE DOGS WALK THEM!!!!
I better stop now as I'm probably loosing friends here.
Ask any politician or lawyer what the one issue they will not take on......DOGS.
Why? because they will ruin their careers.
Just call me a BAD DOG!
Cheers,
Dave.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again we are back where we started, it's not so much the dogs we have the problems with it's the idiot, inconsiderate, law breaking owners!

I don't have a problem with dogs in parks where they are allowed on a leash and the owner at lest attempts to clean up after them. I like animals, as long as they're not trying to remove bits and pieces of me. We've had dogs, and they pooed in their own fenced yard, which I cleaned out periodically.
Some dogs like some people just don't like people with detectors, who knows maybe we smell funny.
I guess it's like so many things a few ruin it for everybody! I have yet to see any of the law breaking dog owners get ticketed.
They just passed a law here in Mass. Upping the penalty for leaving your dog/animal in a locked car, I'm guessing it's a stiffer one than you'd get for leaving a kid in the car.
When the pendulum swings it goes way over to the sides before it comes back to the middle.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Explain your problem if the owner keeps his dog on a leash and cleans up after him.
Can I take a dump on your front lawn, I promise I'll pick it up.

Oops sorry, my mistake. I thought this thread was about dogs taking a dump in a public park, not humans defecating on my front lawn.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Isn't this just like metal detecting? The irresponsible folks ruin it for the good people? If all detectorists don't leave hole or break laws, then all dog owners don't leave messes. Is anything else any different? Drunk drivers give responsible drinkers a bad name. Obese folks in spandex give Wal-mart shoppers a bad name, etc.

A while back wifey and me went hiking in Falls Creek state Park, Tennessee. At the foot of the falls there was a couple siting with a baby, it was still early so we hung back a ways to let them enjoy and have the falls all to themselves. After a while they got up to leave. But then they noticed the baby needed changing, and when they finished up, we were completely gobsmacked, the girl tosses the dirty pamper into the pool beneath the falls! Went there to take pictures so I had to fish the thing out of the water with a stick and bury it, so it ain't just dog owners...it's stupidity and irresponsibility...in other words..."human nature". I could defend my opinion on human nature but this would become a political post.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason there's so much dog crap everywhere now (besides the fact there's way more dogs than ever) is because of the "new breed" of dog owners here in the city.
For some reason, they think they have to right to go EVERYWHERE without putting their dogs on a leash. This is against the law and also very selfish!
I've observed dogs running ahead or behind their owners and taking a big, steamy dump without them being aware.
When that big dog jumps on you, getting your clothes all dirty and scratches your skin, the owner stands there laughing......
"Oh ho ho, don't worry.....he's friendly!" :BangHead: Idiots!
These new dog owners cut holes in the chain link fences at our golf courses because they can't stand seeing a green space that their dog can't run all over.
Sure enough, all of our golf courses have several dog owners (trespassing) walking their dogs without leashes, roaming all over the greens, taking dumps and digging holes.
Big huge fancy parks that have a small area at the back designated for off leash means that the WHOLE entire park is off-leash!
Even the ones walking down the sidewalks with leashes will let their dog crap on my lawn and then pick it up with me sitting on the steps watching.
Often it's a female dog and their piss makes a nice brown dead spot on my lawn. WTF!
I don't understand the ig-norance. When I walk a dog and it wants to go in someone's yard, I tug on the leash, preventing it from doing so.
Which leads me to another observation of the new breed of dog owner......
They do not walk their dogs.......THE DOGS WALK THEM!!!!
I better stop now as I'm probably loosing friends here.
Ask any politician or lawyer what the one issue they will not take on......DOGS.
Why? because they will ruin their careers.
Just call me a BAD DOG!
Cheers,
Dave.

Good points, especially the one about the dog walking the owner. I have to chuckle at those 20 ft. retractable leashes, what's the point of a leash if the dog has free reign in a 40 ft dia. circle.

I might be old school, but your dog is to be by your side, and sit when you stop walking. Anything else is just embarrassing, it only takes 5 minutes a day to train any dog to heel, sit, and become a good dog. If you can't spare 5 minutes, get a cat.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops sorry, my mistake. I thought this thread was about dogs taking a dump in a public park, not humans defecating on my front lawn.

Well, as long as we are sort of on the topic. I worked in HR and got a call from an extremely irate homeowner, who stated that one of our employees, a field geologist, had just taken a dump in her front yard. So my next quite logical question was "how did you know it was our employee?", and her response was that he had used his company manual as his toilet paper.

Of course, we do a hearing, and the guy, who we ultimately fired said that he just had to go, although he could not explain why he chose her front yard instead of the adjacent woods. Also sent an apology and a check to the homeowner, as well as a not too happy to have been chosen clean up team. And people wonder why I took early retirement.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I guess I am just an old guy that has out lived 5 dogs...The only time I have used a leash is when I took the dogs to the Vets...When out hunting they were on their own..Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread