OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You need to filter down to the micron level. Medial grade filter and it needs to be on the line that you breath from. It's your life, your lungs your future. Search these forums and the net for hookah topics and do some research, it'll open your eyes to the dangers.

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
You need to filter down to the micron level. Medial grade filter and it needs to be on the line that you breath from. It's your life, your lungs your future. Search these forums and the net for hookah topics and do some research, it'll open your eyes to the dangers.
I couldnt find these filters here .. I did found that was for spray painting it was a special filter but it costed about $60 found it pretty pricey..

Edit: im planning on using a gast if i find one at a good price. I cant use a small one piston on a single motor is not enough for 2 person.

Last edited:

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Can a gast 4hcc-40-m400x put out the same air turning it belt driven as a pca-10? Or does the pca-10 have bigger pistons?.. Trying to figure out what to buy
Already bought a speedaire filter.. Trying to get the top of the line products. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Free Air CFM @ 0 PSI
Free Air CFM @ 50 PSI
Free Air CFM @ 100 PSI

It should work with a large enough tank. I'm no expert but the numbers are close to the pca.
Dumb question though, I see that compressor selling for $1000, why not get the pca for half that?
Also a T-80 will support 2 divers with a few mods.

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Free Air CFM @ 0 PSI 3.48 Free Air CFM @ 50 PSI 2.40 Free Air CFM @ 100 PSI 1.70 It should work with a large enough tank. I'm no expert but the numbers are close to the pca. Dumb question though, I see that compressor selling for $1000, why not get the pca for half that? Also a T-80 will support 2 divers with a few mods.
No i was trying to get one used for 200 shipped. But its only 1/2 hp .. I looked at the 1hp ones and their inlet and outlet are3/8 instead of 1/4 and put out about 5.2 cfm @40 psi.. I guess if i find one of those for about the same price is worth modifing right ? If i dont ima buy a new pca-10 for 450+ shipping.

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I could find the gast 4hcc-40-m400x puts out 2.4CFM at 50psi and the PCA-10 puts out 5CFM at 50psi according to a chart. From what I could find, the main difference may be the HP, the m400x is 1/2hp vs the pca10 at 1.7hp. So it may put out the same with the same HP/rpm, but hard to be sure. I would lean to the PCA-10 unless you find a deal you cant pass up.

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HP size is irrelevant in your application. You going to power the pump with a gas engine so hp of electric motor means nothing. Be more concerned of the air that it can supply. The bigger the numbers the better. The deeper you dive the higher you need the pressure to go. At depth the air need to be forced into your lungs as I understand it.

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
I was thinking the same to i found out that they have different inlet and outlet . Like i stated before the m400x has 1/4" outlet and inlet.
While the 1hp ones have a 3/8 outlet . Maybe there is a match of outlet to piston size? Im not sure but ill rather go with a 1hp one that comes closes to the pca-10.

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
I was thinking the same to i found out that they have different inlet and outlet . Like i stated before the m400x has 1/4" outlet and inlet. While the 1hp ones have a 3/8 outlet . Maybe there is a match of outlet to piston size? Im not sure but ill rather go with a 1hp one that comes closes to the pca-10.
omni .. I know but those are the ones with those closer ratings and bigger inlet and outlet.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember....Only Charter Members can sell here.....

Replies by non charter members offering to sell items will be deleted

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
for more air just open up the inlet/outlet from your compressor to a larger diameter. and for a storage tank, i use a stainless steel soda syrup container. now i can clean/sanatize my air tank and lines.mask when im not useing them.the tank was cheaper than my Keene air tank that i sold off after seeing this tank.and i have a filter/water seperator on my air system

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated above, only Charter Members can sell here.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
for more air just open up the inlet/outlet from your compressor to a larger diameter. and for a storage tank, i use a stainless steel soda syrup container. now i can clean/sanatize my air tank and lines.mask when im not useing them.the tank was cheaper than my Keene air tank that i sold off after seeing this tank.and i have a filter/water seperator on my air system

Could opening the inlet from a smaller pump and belt driving it could have the pump pushing the same cfm as almost a pca-10 ?

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Ill rather push my puma pump a little more. It puts out 4cfm @ free air. . If i can make it put out 4cfm at around 30-40psi i could supply two divers.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Her it is
Kac 1 from keene used just a few times I pulled it off and put a t-80 on it

Attachments

• image-3143497036.jpg
    image-3143497036.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 141