Anyone selling a extra hookah compressor

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And the less air you get .. When you build more pressure than is needed to dive you stress the pump and it produces less air but at higher pressure. Thats a good idea if is adjustable ; you could have it set as low as maybe 10psi right ? I think is about the same air out put omni as a T80 or if not a bit more . At 45psi the t80 is producting 1.8cfm . The pca-10 does 6cfm at free air and 5cfm at 40psi. I have like a year .. But i when i was in the gold we would stay there and put long hours we once was dredging in night time all the way to 12am with headlamps. We didnt have wetsuits and the water is warm at those hours.
sorry p but I don't run pressure gauge ! Just turn it up till it works proper .....

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
How long you been diving p?
For about almost a year.. This summer ill have a year.

Damm i thought i had been longer. I just checked when i bought my last pump. It was in april but i was done building around june.

I hope im able to put my soon to be 6" by the summer. I have time.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For about almost a year.. This summer ill have a year. Damm i thought i had been longer. I just checked when i bought my last pump. It was in april but i was done building around june. I hope im able to put my soon to be 6" by the summer. I have time.
You need to practice slowing your breathing ! Pay attention to it ... It's natural for new divers to breath to fast and too shallow . And this makes you use up air for no reason other than a reaction most have to diving .. Make yourself take deep breath and slow it down some You will find when you focus on it you'll cut your intake in half if not more .. And in no time it will be natural too ya ..
Also pay attention it your regulator ... If you have to draw or pull much to make it work you need to get it setup for low pressure ..
Just about any dive shop can do it .. And you will be shocked at what a difference it makes ... Huge huge huge on your comfort level... And when your not comfortable breathing it tends to make you breath faster and shallower ..and usually you do t even feel the discomfort even more when your dredging because your mind is busy , you just react and . Co2 built up soons follows and leads ya further down the path ... It's a never ending cycle ....
I dive alot and I still have to focus on settling down and getting the breathing under control... It becomes a must when your on tanks ...
Any how just trying to help ya out .. It happens to most people and they never even notice ... Most new diver use there tanks up in half the time or less they should ..

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Yeah i have notice sometimes when there is a lot of air i do take more air than needed but i have tried using less and its all about becoming more calm and feeling like home down there.. Just focusing in what your looking for in between layers that could have potential gold.

I dont have a regulator. I have plurge valve from a snorkel.. I connect the air where the snorkel tube goes and thats my regulator. All extra air goes by the plurge valve and wheb i breath the valve closes & no water goes in. No forcing on the lung or having to feel like in sucking air like if it was a straw. .

I have never used a second stage regulator it probably just save you sone more air in the tank idk .. Like i said i never used one.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah i have notice sometimes when there is a lot of air i do take more air than needed but i have tried using less and its all about becoming more calm and feeling like home down there.. Just focusing in what your looking for in between layers that could have potential gold. I dont have a regulator. I have plurge valve from a snorkel.. I connect the air where the snorkel tube goes and thats my regulator. All extra air goes by the plurge valve and wheb i breath the valve closes & no water goes in. No forcing on the lung or having to feel like in sucking air like if it was a straw. . I have never used a second stage regulator it probably just save you sone more air in the tank idk .. Like i said i never used one.
Ahhhhh thers the problem your never building any reserve .. .. Get you a regulator and a reserve air tank .. Plastic will do ya fine .. that way when your not drawing air it's building some pressure and reserve air .... You can look around Craig's list for some used stuff ... Usally can buy several for 1/4 the price of a new one ...

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Ahhhhh thers the problem your never building any reserve .. .. Get you a regulator and a reserve air tank .. Plastic will do ya fine .. that way when your not drawing air it's building some pressure and reserve air .... You can look around Craig's list for some used stuff ... Usally can buy several for 1/4 the price of a new one ...

Ima look for some i have seen some go on ebay for as low as 30 dollars . Ill see if im able to buy two second stage ones. Ima also get me a 3gallon aluminum tank that comes like with 8 ports and a drain.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
make sure you santatize your breathing system frequently.mask/lines/compressor/reserve tank. the moisture from breathing and the moisture in the compressed air combined with the sun will create mold if not cleaned regularly. Listerine mouthwash works fine for me in sanatizeing this equipment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread