Are Either of these two coins worth Getting Slabbed?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_8179.JPG
    IMG_8179.JPG
    661.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_8180.JPG
    IMG_8180.JPG
    538.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_8181.JPG
    IMG_8181.JPG
    562.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_8182.JPG
    IMG_8182.JPG
    568.1 KB · Views: 138

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would help for resale, but if you are keeping them, why bother?

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my opinion, I would. If nothing else, whoever winds up with them after you may understand that it's not just melt silver a little better if you've got it in a slab. PLUS, if times ever get tough and you need to sell, you'll have the grade going for you. Cool quarters!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1932 d was a gift from my mom when I graduated electrical school. And I spent $140 on the 1932 S on eBay In the middle of the night during the 2008 recession. Was a good time to buy coins! I was Selling them to a coin dealer here locally, higher graded Coins that i got at a good price since I was laid off. And I kept that one. Then made the set around them.

Thank you for looking at them. I'll see how much the local Guy charges to have them sent in. I believe it's cheaper for him than me.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
See for yourself: Washington Quarter (1932-1998)

Having a coin slabbed seems to be more of a "trend" now than anything else. I see a LOT of people asking this similar question on a variety of random coins. It seems half the time that people dont even know why they are getting their coins slabbed. Just something to consider.

That being said, if both coins grade AU or better, then slabbing would be worthwhile. That is if they come back problem free. Both of your coins appear to have been cleaned at some point. Depending on who you use, there will be a substantial fee. PCGS and NGC will require a membership if you wish to submit them on your own. Not worth it for 2 coins, IMO. ANACS does not require a submission and you can send in 1 coin or 10 coins - doesnt matter. If you use ANACS, it will cost around $40 for 2 coins plus the cost of shipping them there. You should have them back in 3-4 weeks. You can also give them to a friend or dealer who has a membership at PCGS or NGC to submit them on your behalf. That has some risk, depending on how much you trust the person. That option will likely cost the same or slightly higher. Good luck.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two washington quarters. 1932 D and 1932 S. Do you think its worth it for me to get them graded? im not planning on selling them, But I just wondered what you thought? Thank you Very Much.

If you got the extra money..
Why not?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you got the extra money..
Why not?

I had the xtra money. Now my son is older and he eats all the extra money! I'm thinking about doing some coupon lessons with my church coming up! Off topic, but my gosh that boy can eat!!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd only slab them if you plan on selling them online. Selling them to someone in person makes little difference in the price.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dealers overcharge to piggyback, if you want them graded, send them to me and I'll add them to my next PCGS submission, probably in March-April. Should be about $20 a coin plus shipping back to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions