Aw, Cmon Now!!

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Re: Aw, C'mon Now!!

we are here bobbie and I are always lurking around eastern nc, if you see a silver impala with 2 overgrown kids with black detectors stop for a visit
hh
dave+bobbie

OP
OP

1Privateer

Oct 3, 2006
Eastern NC-Pirate Country!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Gtp 1350 Bounty Hunter Pioneer

Whew, There for a minute I thought I was all alone in this area, I'm from Pitt, Craven, and Carteret Counties. Yep, I'm all over the place. Left Pitt after retirement and because the cost of living was too high. Now live back on the farm in Craven and have a place on Adams Creek. Was in Carteret for five years but that is another story. Glad to hear from you guys. Maybe we'll meet up one day!

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I'm a TarHeel. I live in Johnston Co. I usually hunt school grounds and ball fields. I will hunt CW relics this fall as my wife's family owns land near Bentonville. Gotta wait for the crops to get in.
Mike :)

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products

I have 2 sisters that live near each other in Swansboro, could be onlsow county. Anyway, I make several trips a year and would love to detect with anyone interested. Good Luck!!

drver

Sep 24, 2006
Wilmington, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Another non-Tar Heal, recent transplant. New Hanover checking in.
I’m way to new to Mding to have much to say...yet, just trying to absorb.

bagglaydee

Mar 22, 2005
Kernersville, North Carolina

Facing East waving to other Tarheels! I'm between Winston-Salem, Greensboro and High Point. Don't get out much due to work and tendency to shyness, but introducing my son-in-law to MDing now and he's never met a stranger. Guess that means I'd better stay in shape over the winter so I can keep up with him! :o

HH all!
Barb

rebeljohn

Greenie
Oct 25, 2006
Raleigh, NC CSA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS

I'm new to the forum, but not new to detecting. I've just dusted off the detector after sitting idle for a couple of years. I live in Wake County near Raleigh. Born and raised here. I have just gotten permission to hunt an old plantation, that dates back to the early 1800's. The old house, out buildings and cotton gin are long gone, but it should be a neat place to hunt. It belonged to the ggg grandfather at one time, and is only a few miles from the house. I hope to hit the place in the next week or so..........I'm unemployed at the moment so time to hunt is ANYTIME!!!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

I live in Cary. I've lived here for 10 years. This is my first post in a long time.

The weather has been just great this week for detecting.

Cheers!

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005

Yo! Rebel here: ;D From Lynchburg, Va. area (actually, Smith Mountain Lake... in Bedford county... where the beale Treasure is/was; lol, HA! HA! HA!) In western part of North Carolina... along the Rail Road track, U guys MAY find some of the "lost" Confederate Treasury of Brit. coins, Mexican coins, jewels; MAYBE some weapons, such as cannons, muskets - with bayonets... barrels of powder... dunno what else... :o

98 gt

Oct 5, 2006

originally from stanly county about 10 miles from the reed gold mine...found some small and i mean small nuggets but my mom has misplaced them permanantly.

OP
OP

1Privateer

Oct 3, 2006
Eastern NC-Pirate Country!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Gtp 1350 Bounty Hunter Pioneer

There be only one God ruling the earth and only one Captain over this ship! Punishment is an extremely mild tongue lashing and she has to stand in the corner and be ashamed for 10 seconds (after which you take her out to her favorite restaurant). Geez, moms do that but we still love them. At least you know why you never could find those presents she hid. Now wives--well--either make'em go with you and dig up the finds or hang'em from the yard arm after they wash and wax the detector!

98 gt

Oct 5, 2006

usually found the presents, that wasn't a problem. now my wife on the other hand can't hardly keep a secret so i know my christmas already.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread