Aw, Cmon Now!!

M

mike_n_nc

Re: Aw, C'mon Now!!

Hello,
Hillsborough checking in. Haven't detected in a year or so but, the bug has bitten again.
I drug out the detector today and now can't wait to get back out there. If anyone in the area wants to get together sometime, let me know,

Mike

joey

Mar 27, 2005
boston, ga
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100

columbus county, whiteville here. is any one close by!!!

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Checking in from Nash County. I'm getting ready to head out right now and do some MDing in Wilson County at a place I just got permission to hunt.

Mike

TammyNC123

Dec 24, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star

Rowan Co. here and nowhere to dig :( Not real savvy on the places to go. went to a nice field and area that was thought to have been crossed by troops but nothing, all I found was an indian arrowhead in the creek lol. Anyone have any info for sites in my area info would be greatly appreciated. I am a MD noob. I hunt with my sister. I am still using my old radio shack md. But if I find a good area I will upgrade.

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tarheel born and bread. My mom's family has been in the area for like 250 years or so.
My dad was a Sandlapper, so I love both Carolinas, but N.C. still has my heart. I love Charleston, S.C. but I wouldn't give you a dollar for Myrtle Beach if it meant I had to live there. North Myrtle Beach isn't quite as bad, I grew up staying at Windy Hill (which was by the way named by George Washington, who, when on a visit to the area said "My what a windy hill!" Ergo the name. I'm glad he didn't say "Something stinks, who pooted?" Sort of like my Indian name of Two Dogs Mating. That was a joke son, a what ya' call a joke!

HH,
Ramapirate

bgchavis

Mar 3, 2007

Joey,

I just joined.
I live just off 95, exit 10.... near Fairmont, NC
I know where Whiteville is..not too far.
I don't have a detector yet. Still random digging round here.
We moved here last year, and I found a "grape shot" cannon ball from the civil war.
Reacon there are more, cause those were fired in clusters.
I looked it up on the net, and see it being sold for $125.00 on one site, and $140.00 on another.
It is a 3" iron ball.
I'm gonna hunt my own land here, but there is property that is open and state owned accross the road from me, and you are welcome to hunt there, if you ever want to.
If I found civil war shot here, it is probably scattered around the area.
Brenda Chavis

Treasure Detector

Feb 9, 2007
Mechanicsville
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 70

A True Outer Banker here;
I am one of the Soda Pop Pirates and finding any kind of Treasure is always exciting.

Check out the website, BeachHugger did a great job and a great man to know...

http://www.outerbanksnc.net/

Born and raised on Roanoake Island, but I did live in Wilmington and Southport. We later moved back to Kitty Hawk and recently moved to Virginia near the Cold Harbor Battlefield.

All these areas has produced treasure. If you beach hunt, hunt the wet sand from high tide line and down into the water.

Good luck.....

bushido

Greenie
Feb 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
DFX

Hey Everybody,
I'm a darn Yankee, born and raised on Long Island, NY. Joined the Corps and 4 years later I was discharged from Cherry Point. I was teaching judo at the time and had a large class and hated to leave them so I decided to stick around for "a short time". I went to collect unemployment insurance in Morehead City and they said there was a job open at the State Port for a crane electrician, which they were having trouble filling since there was electronics involved. Well I was avionics in the Corps so I got the job the same day! That short time is now I can retire from the State this October if I choose. I have lived mostly in Morehead and Beaufort but now live in Cape Carteret. I have always been fascinated with MD'ing and finally bought me an inexpensive machine. After about 2 weeks of playing with it and reading post I went and bought a DFX. It's still in the box, been working 12 hours a day since I got it. The only thing I didn't like about living here has been the hurricanes but now I have a different perspective on the matter. Hurricanes mean shifting sands and treasures moving around so I guess I'll stick around some more ;D I'm at work now, 'till 4 on the morning, and have to go check things out. See you guys later, take care...Paul

D

diggin-it-up

I'm a tar heel and proud of it. I'm in Cabarrus County.

bbqcook

Apr 24, 2006
Detector(s) used
Soveriegn GT, DFX, Ace 250

Raleigh here since 72. Don't know of many places to hunt. Wished I had a detector before they put a shopping center where the Plantation Inn was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread