co monument

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
col1.jpg

Mid to south Colorado

" That is a fantastic photo. I see at least 2 death trap possibilities so be very careful. Can you give us a good idea of the scale of this area? Are those shrubs or trees?"

Shortstack...maybe this bigger version will help. I've not visited it in person yet. It may be there is enough in my own area to keep me busy for a life time lol

I'm surprised you mention death traps because I generally thought of this as more an alpha monument or trail marker that points to a campground for weary pack animals and human a like some distance away.

Also I speculate based on pure whimsy that it also points to the trail to the mine which is a hole in a side of hill or mountain and well timbered. In other words...not hidden. Then again maybe a slab or door over it.

This is a nice monument only seen one better my self.
Where are you seeing potentially dangerous areas?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
desertmoons:
I am definitely NOT an expert, but here are somethings that seem odd.

col1 Merged.jpg

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
HEY GUYS!! I DON'T KNOW WHO'S PIC THIS IS,, BUT HERE'S MY 2 CENTS,, THE EYES AND THE LINES THAT FLOW FROM THEM,, GO OFF TO OUR RIGHT AND DOWN,, AND I AGREE WITH SHORTSTACK, WHATS IN THE YELLOW CIRCLE, REMINDS ME OF A PERSON THATS YAWNING AND COVERING HIS MOUTH (OPENING) WITH HIS LEFT HAND!! PEACE! td PS. AND THE OLD GUY ON THE RIGHT, WITH THE TALL HAT, WELL THE TIP OF HIS LONG BEARD ALSO POINTS TO THE RIGHT AND DOWN!!

Attachments

• col1YAWNING.JPG
    col1YAWNING.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,226
OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Wow i will never look at these monuments the same. It did not occur to me that something might be right there.

I looked at it as more a major trail marker. I could see that someone might be tempted to tear it apart... now i really wonder about those slabs/mouth. Seems too obvious but what do I know!

Here is how i looked at it at first..the things that I thought were especially significant.

First I saw the weary pack animal or perhaps elephant with box on its back.

cobig.jpg

I noticed there seem to be a distance marking on the box.

co1mk1.jpg

co1mk2.jpg

This I have no idea..but speculate maybe means a mine that away. Reminds me of a timbered mine.

co1mk3.jpg
A 7..and something else.

comk3.jpg

Maybe a priestly figure holding an orb with a cross on it. Can't be sure though, could be other things.
comk5.jpg

This last well quack quack. But the lower figure reminds me of a priest giving last rites to a prone figure. something like that.

colast.jpg

Shortstack..you did a great job of laying out the trouble spots and helping me and others i am sure. So very impressed. An TD bro! Love your eye.

ps: I know i owe some folks some communications. Just do not seem to be able to manage it lately. sorry.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Desertmoons:
This is a very busy site. Those boulders and stones have all been "placed", this is not a natural formation. That one priest to the right side of the large double doors covering the main recess may be giving the last rites to whoever tries to remove those "doors" without dismantling all of the death traps.
Those are some SERIOUS deathtraps and I wonder if there is a safe access port on the backside of that formation. :icon_scratch:

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
DM LADY! I SEE THE BIG OBVIOUS OR SLIGHTLY OBVIOUS STUFF,, YOU DO VERY GOOD, AS YOU CAN SEE THE SMALLER STUFF THAT THEY INTENTIONALY WANTED TO HIDE FROM US,, THE NON-MEMBERS OF THE CRAFT!! td

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Well td.. a certain site had me all discombobulated hahahha .not unusual...until i found a small sized E. Now i always look for the small stuff. Very small stuff sometimes. Like an unusual jagged rock edge...very small at another tempting spot. Little bears, little skulls etc. Dead animals especially..look for the eyes on those they will look...well dead like a cartoon animal.

Prone figures is another.

Especially something like this that I think of as a Las Vegas monument. Big, bold and fully of glittery temptations! Whhooo hoo going to Vegas baby and I see the jackpot right there! hahahah

Yes my eyes got big! Yet it apparently is not hidden at all and along a trail.

Makes me think a lot of it is there to deceive and lure the unwary to a death trap now that SS pointed them out.. They surely were not trying to hide those doors.. wonder why not. It just seems too obvious to me so makes me suspicious.

Can not be sure and we will never know until it is checked out. Maybe I will be heading up that way this fall and if so will get better pics and check out ownership etc.

It may well be there is something there. I do not have enough experience to know. Checking it out for other entrances is an excellent idea SS!

By the way all above is speculation, just my interpretation of things I have seen. no one has ever mentioned finding dead animals for example..so it could just be my imagination.
Best Regards
Kim

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kim,
I just had another thought on this. Since it is so involved with some easily seen, out of place stones with TWO death traps with BACKUP kill stones........If there is no entrance to a vault on the other side, the REAL information and clues COULD be there.(on that BACK side)

It's too easy for me to sit here at home and play "what ifs" with someone else's project. Sorry. My money would be on a safe entrance to a vault being on the backside and not more clues because to build such a HUGE collection of "STUFF" on that front face seems overkill for just a code location. :dontknow: If I were responsible for building such a "busy" place, I'd be putting something there to make all of that work worthwhile. :laughing7:

Since I, too, can be a little devious; if you find an opening on the backside and it's empty; it might be a decoy. Look for more than one vault.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
borderland said:
Deathtraps....every rock formation can be one.

So where exactly is all this deathtrap information coming from, and what is the reason for going through obviously incredible efforts to construct them?

Welcome to the forum, borderland. :hello:

It's possible for natural rock formations to be dangerous, but there are places that death traps using natural items have been artificially rearranged to cause death or serious injury.......usually at the sites of buried / hidden valuables.

A very good book about this subject was written by Kenworthy. The discussion on this subject is covered in the threads in this section of this forum and is too large an area of info to repeat on this particular thread. I suggest you read everything in this section (Treasure Marks / Signs) There are threads in this section specifically about Death Traps and the subject is also touched on on many of the OTHER threads.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
borderland said:

So where exactly is all this deathtrap information coming from, and what is the reason for going through obviously incredible efforts to construct them?

If you hid a large amount of anything of value, would you not try to install measures that would allow you to return and safely collect what you left?
The Spanish did this years ago in this country.

What is the radical extreemist thing in your profile??
What are you about??
Note,
the correct nswer will keep you from hitting a whole bunch of ignore lists really quick.

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Welcome borderlland.

Http://www.treasurehuntersuniversity.com has some info on death traps too. The thing is...some were constructed to protect valuables and others empty or with very little in them to deceive the hurried and greedy into tripping them according the poll taken here.

Thus they never reach the true items of interest.

Yep SS..pics all round and a little sensing are in order. Like the way you think. We will see if i get up that way this year.

I'm no expert so appreciate all thoughts.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
borderland said:

Yes, BL, I can take you to a thousand 'deathtraps' within a day's hike of my front door. Rocks erode in time and fractured formations such as the one pictured above, heavily eroded, can be dangerous. Strictly speaking, these natural formations can indeed be death traps.

However, the implication is that these 'deathtraps' have been constructed by men (Spanish) to protect 'treasure vaults' below them. The unwary treasure hunter, in his eagerness to recover the stacks of gold bars in the vault, carelessly trips the trigger and the big rock above falls on him, killing him and safeguarding the loot. The popular treasure writer Charles Kenworthy is most often cited as the authority on deathtraps. His writings on this subject and others have been wildly expanded by well-meaning enthusiasts to a point where now (at least on this forum) every precariously perched rock in the American Southwest protects a 'treasure vault' below. Interesingly, nobody ever intentionally triggers these 'deathtraps' to remove the barriers to the 'treasure vaults', so the 'Spanish gold' remains unrecovered. I know, it's silly. If you question the true believers about what they've found, you'll be pilloried.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Desertmoons:
That one figure IS a "7" and out of curiosity, I drew a line along the arm and on out across the photo. What is that it's "looking" at ?

cobig.jpg

Hey, Old Dog, doesn't that "thingy" shape at the top of this photo (I outlined it) look like that odd carved figure that you were trying to I.D. on that other thread?

colast.jpg arrowhead_2_018_A.jpg

Well, maybe not. :icon_scratch:

comk5.jpg

Is this priest lifesized? larger? smaller? Just trying to get an idea of the size of this monument.

HOOSIERau

Jan 5, 2011
IN
DM

What a great looking site !! I know I am late on the thread, but its been a year since anybody posted. Have you had a chance to go back here ?

Hoosier

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Nope..not had a chance to get there. It is not going any place though..so that's alright. It is one of my favorites and worthwhile reviewing once in a while.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
True Trackers,
remember you are looking for iconic[classic] well used symbols of the code makers, this pic has not a single confirmed sign or symbol! Nothing has been 'placed' except BY mother nature. No Priest, no door, no death traps, no treasure.

Sorry but if your serious about this hobby then - you do a disservice to others and your self, if you continue with pareidolia and speculation beyond credulity !

Remember the basics so often repeated by me and others..

1. Look for the Hoyo!- critical to take your random stack of boulders up to the level of a Monument.
2. When no hoyo is found now the confirmation takes a more critical view -
3. You must find from 5-9 or more Confirmed Classic Iconic Symbols and Signs or its just a cliff face!
4. Death Traps are not needed on cliff face like this as noting is buried here!
5. If the WAS a monument, they don't bury the goods anywhere near the Alpha Monument.
6. This is too big to be an Omega Monument, and even if it was they don't bury the goods under or near the Omega monument.
7. So far everything here is wrong for it to be a monument.
8. The only thing that fits is - Mother Natures handiwork..sorry to disappoint but if no one tells the truth, then all is lost.
It is better for all if we see the truth for what it is. Speculation was not part of the Spanish Code Book.
Try not to get carried away with your self, as feelings, hunches, suppositions, speculations, and yes, pareidolia are the enemies of the true trackers and their success in ever finding anything!

Better not to get the cart before the horse!

Always CONFIRM the monument before you spend , time, energy, circling and labeling natures graffiti, burning gasoline, taking up server space, and accidental misdirection of others, newer at this hobby.
hope this really helps one and all,
rangler

comprose1.gif

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rangler said:
True Trackers,
remember you are looking for iconic[classic] well used symbols of the code makers, this pic has not a single confirmed sign or symbol! Nothing has been 'placed' except BY mother nature. No Priest, no door, no death traps, no treasure.

For you to claim that you don't see that "7' or the priest is really revealing, rangler. I'm wondering if this site might be one you are working and you are trying to steer people away from further investigation. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill,
with all due respect Sir, I don't work in Colorado..I never got that far east, the west is as far as I have
made it...and I could not live enough lifetimes to work and recover a mere 10% of the monuments I have found, NO Bill - not that greedy my friend...I do all my decoding and reading signs for everyone for free! As I know there a thousands and thousands of sites to work...

Yea I saw what looked like a seven, but no other marks that would give this one context and confirmation...the use of a Priest icon is very very rare - and not used because these marks were left by Priests, their humble ego would not let them be the center of the attention amid the signs.
and there is no coded meaning for a Priest.. a mission has its own Icon.

And accusing me of working this site is a joke, as this is not a site. but just a cliff face...filled with supposition and boulders.... I know it is hard to tell the difference when you first start in the adventure that is this hobby, My fear is you got so heavy in to pareidolia, and despite my best efforts (and others) to have you just concentrate on real signs..you continue..perhaps it is because you got imprinted with this stuff early in your career, that is why I have to follow all your posts and warn the newbees of the danger of pareidolia - so we don't have any more casualties!

I do hope for the best for you Bill, and have spent many hours trying in vain, to help - I am still willing - but you must show some progress.
As I said in my last post...we, none of us, need to have anything BUT the Classic Iconic Signs circled and marked! The rest only serves to confuse everyone , including your self. Unless of course if that is your mission , to confuse everyone? I dont want to think that about you Bill...but if you don't progress soon , I will have no other choice, as you will do as you are.

200px-Brazil_18thc_JesuitFather.jpg

“Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden...”anon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread