Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thom,

" The trail is marked by the smallest knob of the trailhead monument and it goes in an out."

Do you happen to have a picture of a small trailhead knob. Are there other bigger knobs nearby.

I`m thinking like a door knob, something pointing in a certain direction. What sets it apart from other pointers?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
The knobs or bumps on the trailhead marker indicate the type of trail

The largest is for walkers and animals and is usually the fastest trail in... far left

The next largest is for horses and is topographically graded to be gentle on a mount... far right

the third and smallest indicates the Royal hidden trail that won't be on a map ... center of the squared "U"

Attachments

• Copy of trailhead_marker_.jpg
    Copy of trailhead_marker_.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 243
OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
mdog, ss, Thom, Springfield. Palo,Thanks.

Springfield, I also heard there was a circle of standing stones up there in the organs. Maybe from same source.

I read an interesting paper today, that a solar event might have wiped out the megafauna round about 12800 BC. Radiation poisoning might have killed them. If things like that happened, I can imagine it affected human life too. A different view than the "over hunting",meteor,volcano, and drought theories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread