Compensation for a Nigerian scam (snicker)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeze People: I have just been notified that I am being compensated for being a victim of a scam out of Nigeria for $ 2,500,000 US. sheehs and It didn't cost me a cent, in fact I never even bothered to answer their post.

Don't YOU wish that you were so fortunate ?? He he e he

What shall I do with that $ 2,500,000?

Those people over there must stay up nights thinking of new versions for scamming sigh. The problem is that they must have some success or they wouldn't just keep coming back. Who would be foolish enough to respond to their posts, other than RPMR or AA??

Don Jose de La Mancha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Sat 11/08/08 1:51 PM
To: [email protected]
Attention:

The BRITISH High Commission inconjunction with FEDERAL Bureau of investigation in Burkina Faso, Benin Republic, Ghana and Nigeria received a report of scam against you and other British/US citizens and Malaysia, Etc. The countries of Burkina Faso, Benin Republic, Nigeria and Ghana have recompensed you following the meeting held with the four countries' Government and various countries' high commission//bureau for the fraudulent activities carried out by the four countries' Citizens.
Your name was among those scammed as listed by the Burkina Financial Intelligent Unit (BFIU). Compensation has been issued out in Certified Bank Drafts to all the affected victims and has been already been in distribution to all the bearers. Your draft was among those that was reported undelivered as at on Friday and we wish to advise you to see to the instructions of the Committee to make sure you receive your draft immediately.

And on --------->

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give them a P.O. Box & tell them
to make the Check out to Cash.
then Have them stick it in the Mail ;D

roguetrader

Nov 2, 2008
now thats scamming,also i got one from england this morning in my e mail,you got to give credit for trying.but its unfortunate that they take money from old ang gullible people.

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See Cyn gal luv, we DO have many things in common sigh
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rogue: you posted -->

its unfortunate that they take money from old ang gullible people.
~~~~~~~~~~
Are you referring to Jeff? Snicker .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

XLT: Sounds lke a winner, wilco.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. You mean that I wil not get the $2,500,000 ???? sniiif :( :( :(

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
LOL. Just the other day I was educating my 10yr old daughter on the uses of email, internet, and daddy's computer in general. We've recently allowed a little more leeway in her internet use so i thought it prudent to spend some time with her in this regard.

First thing I did was open my email (that I hadn't checked in 2 days) and looked in my Inbox and Spam folder. Just to show her what I had been trying to explain I handed her a calculator and scrolled through roughly just the first page of each folder. By the end of it we were laughing together and I felt she learned something.

In the end, between the UK lottery, a Google Europe lottery, several other lotteries scattered around the globe, Prince Booboo in Nigeria needing MY help, a lost inheritance from South Africa, and some Staff Sgt in Iraq trying to smuggle $20 million in bullion out of the country I think over that 2 day period I had won/inheritated/smuggled over $38 million US dollars!!! All I gotta say is that stupid Canadian Lotto 649 I've been playing for 10yrs really sucks man!! I never win that one.....

BUT NOW I'M RICH!!!!!!!! Been nice T-Net, but you'll never see me post here again.... I'm off to buy a Ferrari to race around my own South Sea island! Yaaaaa ME!!!!! :tongue3:

Oh ya, that scambaiters site is a good place to burn some time reading....

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean you are not going to help that poor widow with 7 children in Afrika try to collect the money the government owes her?

She'll give you all of it except for a quarter of a million - you can have the other 2-1/2 mil - she doesn't care, as long as she gets enough to support all those young-uns. And, as she says, a quarter of a million there is enough for 3 lifetimes............. :tongue3:

(that's my latest new one yesterday).

B

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
I have a great time with scammers.

In my business I get them trying to buy signs or banners. They are willing to give credit card numbers, which come up are real in the short term. Then they have you send money with Western Union to their shipper.

I love to get them going far enough to get credit card numbers, and then I send them to Risk Management at my Merchant Account. My record is 9 cards from one idiot. I kept telling him his card was refused, and he kept giving me new ones. I kept passing them along, and having them blocked. It was a blast.

Cheap fun.

Mark

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I had my old step van for sale and someone replied they wanted it and their contact here in the US would sent me a cachiers check for the full amount plus shipping if I would mail it to them.
I have no idea how many stamps it would take for a 7' X 8' X 23' van weighing 5000lbs.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Oh no Grey,
The scam is they pay you for the van, and for what their shipper says he will charge to ship it.
They pay you with a credit card, or more likely with two or three cards, and get you to write a check to the shipper.
A couple of weeks later the credit card company wants to get the money back, and they take it. You paid a bunch to some joker, which is where they get the money. They don't even care about the van, and never even try to get it shipped.

They are mostly coming out of Guyana now, not Nigeria.

Mark

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What amazes me is that there are still people who fall for the scams.

In a computer-savy world (which, if you are on the internet to be able to get the scams in your email - you have to have SOME kind of computer information about scams) -

that people STILL fall for them.

They must be working, somewhere, because the incidents of scam mails are increasing - at least in my spam mailbox. There has to be 10 times more than there were 5 years ago.

B

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had run an ad on Craigslist for an old Schwin Orange Crate and got some cat from out of the country that was willing to give me $1000 more than I was asking for it if I'd ship it out of the country. I was thinking "sure I'll bite." I knew what it was. I gave him the address of an empty house my a neighbor owned (I checked it out with the neighbor and told him what I was doing) Sure enough, he sent me a check by Fed Ex and told me to deposit it and send him the money when the check cleared. Yep, you bet Amsrakt Ebarthg. The check was written on a bank near an Air Force base out west. And the part that'll get you, had I deposited the check it would have probably cleared my bank before it bounced on his. I called the local number in Charlotte for the Secret Service (that's when I found out you could actually call them) and I gave it to them. They said they got hundreds of calls a month from people that had received the checks like mine and wanted to turn them in. Think of all the people that don't call and get taken on this scam.

hh,
Ramapirate

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
I used to receive those kinds of messages all the time...
I always ignored them...
I am no longer receiving them...

if it is too good to be true, it probably is...

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Ramapirate - it hurt trying to pronounce that name. LOL
Also, is the Secret Service in the phone book? Not much of a secret.
( Driving north on highway 395 out of Las Vegas is a sign for a dirt road saying "Secret Airbase 51>")

I was told the best way to get payment for internet sales was Paypal (which cost you more), or a US Postal Money Order.
If I am wrong, please enlighten me.

Grey

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
A lady I work with got a similar email but it was only for $3,500.00 I told her not to do it. showed her on the net where it was a scam and she STILL did it!!!

Ended up costing her a lot of time and trouble to clean up the mess. Some people are just slow learners.

I have heard of occasions where people provide bad Money Orders for a purschase (fakes etc). I trust the ones from the US Post Office.

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can actually look up the field offices that handle counterfeit and certain cases of fraud on the internet. I think most states have the field offices. The one here in Charlotte is 704-442-8370. I wouldn't call them to
ask if their refridgerator was running, if you know what I mean. They are the stone cold, no ha-ha part of the U.S. Gov't. I met a couple at a coin show from the treasury a few years ago, they were pretty cool once you got to talking to them. They showed me two treasury notes worth a combined total of one billion dollars.
That was pretty cool. I had my son and his cousin with me, they flipped.

HH,
Ramapirate

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to say, but, Postal Money Orders can be on the same "fake" list.

Proof of that was VERY evident where I work. 2 postal money orders, totalling $1200, were cashed - one by the business I work for, and one by the business across the street from us. (same person - but he IS in jail now). This occurred about a month and a half ago.

B

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
The one thing all of these scams have in common is the GREED of the people that fall for them. Yeah, you can sort of feel sorry* for them for losing money they need for bills and feeding for their children, but they thought they could actually outsmart the scammers. Greed. (And some of them fall for it more than once!)

* An ::) is sufficient

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
I would have to agree with Mrs. Oroblanco.
Some of the new scams that target businesses are very well done. They are getting products from businesses by appearing very legitimate.
The first one that nearly got me broke all the old scam rules. They asked for sketches and quotes for signs, then tried to find more efficient ways to order to save money. The order was from New Jersey. The man took someone else's name, that actually lived in New Jersey, and was in the profession that he claimed to be.
I was lucky enough to be suspicious about some of his grammar to check the routing on the e-mail. Then I let him order, and didn't run his cards immediately.
As soon as he thought I was completely committed with material ordered he claimed he had to go to Guyana on an emergency, and the product would need to be shipped there.
So, I gave his numbers to Risk Management, and then got three more card numbers before I told him to screw off.

Thanks,
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions