Concealing Firearms While Detecting

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The finish has rubbed off some on my buddy's Kimber 45, but performance wise, they're fine firearms. So go for it, if the price is right!
thanks don

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last request to keep politics out of thread. Topic is about carrying concealed while detecting, not the legality of carrying.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last request to keep politics out of thread. Topic is about carrying concealed while detecting, not the legality of carrying.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Its a never ending battle huh th.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am glad the screwball gang members were a decent shot a year ago Nov. otherwise I might have been dead. I had just opened the gates on our store went to the back and hear 5-6 POP POP POP that I KNOW are gun shots, I hear car tires screeching off. Shooting took place right across the street, guy that was shot drove himself a mile to ambulance place and was transported via med flight to Boston. The odd thing there were several people standing at the bus stop fifty feet away and no one ran or seemed to notice, but the police come and ask if we saw anything. I almost ask them if they needed my detector to find the bullet casings.

At some point in time I may not be so lucky but being armed in this case would not have helped me.
If attacked how ever it's a different story.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am glad the screwball gang members were a decent shot a year ago Nov. otherwise I might have been dead. I had just opened the gates on our store went to the back and hear 5-6 POP POP POP that I KNOW are gun shots, I hear car tires screeching off. Shooting took place right across the street, guy that was shot drove himself a mile to ambulance place and was transported via med flight to Boston. The odd thing there were several people standing at the bus stop fifty feet away and no one ran or seemed to notice, but the police come and ask if we saw anything. I almost ask them if they needed my detector to find the bullet casings.

At some point in time I may not be so lucky but being armed in this case would not have helped me.
If attacked how ever it's a different story.

Ever find out why he got shot?

There was most likely no casings 5 to 6 shots sounds like it was a revolver.

As for the people they must be used to it. My aunt used to live in Minneapolis. In the bad side. Every night there was gun shots. Everyone there was comfortable with it because its so common.

I don't know how you can get used to it though. If I was on that bus stop I would of been grabbing cover once I seen the gun come out lol. Glad you didn't get hurt that morning.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Always! Ya never know. :thumbsup:

08Flyboy

Greenie
May 17, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Germany it isn't allowed to carrie a gun. Detecting is more or less allowed where I live. I mostly go out at night. "Let sleeping dogs lie".
I got my Bundeswehr Spade. Let the Wild hog come...or maybe better not :D
Sometimes its creepy, if next to you are some noises in a bush.

VTPanner

May 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't carry when I'm killing my back prospecting on my parents property. I do carry when I'm on a family friends property on the popular Gold Brook here in Vermont, and very few people respect land owners, and with the rising drug epidemic here it's only a matter of time before a tweaker comes a knocking.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Define "nuts and screwballs". Who makes that determination?

Start with the mass shooters and work from there.

Crazy people + guns = problem.

BugsyDiggs

Aug 13, 2013
Here's why we don't need easy to acres guns :)

image-758602490.jpg

nice eh??

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is my personal opinion that this thread has gone too far and too long!

The first rule of concealed carry is....

Don't tell anyone!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Start with the mass shooters and work from there.

Crazy people + guns = problem.

And exactly how do you propose to keep guns out of the hands of "crazy people"?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread