Confirmed New Var. Revolutionary War Button, Pennsylvania State Regiment UPDATED

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
*****UPDATE****

Hey guys,

As promised I've Taken some high-res pics of the button. You can find them at this link.. I will now be emailing Don T. to see what he has to say..
http://imgur.com/a/vDGUA/all
Thanks for your intrest and support..

Usually when i am out swinging and dirt fishing, its for clad. I like many of you love finding pre-1964 silver. Lately Ive been in a drought of that, and mostly come home averaging a few bucks in clad and alot of trash. While at work today I was discussing relics with one of my coworkers and told him that I don't ever throw my Garret in relic mode. He told me that I should, and he would love to see what I can come up with in my finds.. This afternoon I had absolutely no idea where I was going to go dirt fishing, I just hopped in the SUV and drove. I live in a fairly historic area, Valley Forge 3 miles away. I hopped onto Charlestown road and found myself in the hills above the Charlestown Playground.. At the bottom of the hill, Is a few old farms and an Old war cemetery. I stayed way clear of that, and stuck to the hills and flats.. Mostly what I found was old shotgun primers, lots of trash, cans etc.. However I did find some old nails, chain links, and a few old unmarked buttons.. Then I dug up this pewter P S R marked button. My online research tells me that it could be from the Pennsylvania State Regiment of Foot Which fought in the Battles of Brandywine, Germantown, Trenton, Valcour island, Brooklyn, and a few others..

This is what I've read so far..
http://twipa.blogspot.com/2011/07/happy-independence-day.html
http://www.reenactor.ru/ARH/PDF/Calver.pdf (pages 161 and 162) with Picture...

From the 2 specimens I've seen pictured, the one I found today looks in much better condition.

I was wondering if anyone out there can point to someplace to have this authenticated? I love history, But am not a historian by any stretch of the word. And would love to know if its rare or common to find such artifacts..

Thanks

Attachments

• psr1.jpg
    psr1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 3,001
  • IMG_0920.JPG
    IMG_0920.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,921
  • IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,936
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Umrgolf... Don T. has not confirmed it... Bob McDonald has, who is a long time friend of Don and lent out some of his collection for Don's Book believes it is 100% and is intrested in it as a possible aquisition to his collection... Bob and I are getting together next weekend so he can see it in person... .
Was it recently or last year at this tentative meeting when Bob McDonald saw it in person & changed his opinion :icon_scratch: ??? not sure what happened here ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread