Does Anyone have a RangerTell Examiner

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
CSI | Testing Dowsing: The Failure of the Munich Experiments
German physicists concluded from their massive experimental study that water dowsers unquestionably have a remarkable, mysterious skill. Those results, however, provide the most convincing disproof imaginable that dowsers can do what they claim.

The notion that certain skilled individuals can discover underground water by using a mysterious talent known as “dowsing” (or “witching” or “divining”) is widely regarded among serious scientists as no more than a superstitious relic from medieval times. No plausible physical or physiological mechanism has ever been proposed by which such detection might be possible.
I think you should read the posts of the thousands of people who have witnessed the location of water..
Just notice the source of that information...I think that a German physicists study carries a lot more weight...art

K

Kentucky Kache

KK, I don't understand your point. Are you saying you believe in dowsing, don't believe in dowsing, or that I have a vested interest.... or what? TTC

No, I'm not talking about you. You praised Carl's arguments, and at the same time asked someone else if they had a vested interest. You should have asked Carl that question, about himself.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't PRAISE Carl. I only praise my God. I clicked on the LIKE button for Carl. I'm not required to ask Carl squat. That's my right. I also don't believe in LRLs or dowsing. That is also my right. Now, you may call me a non-believing mad scientist. That is your right. TTC

K

Kentucky Kache

I didn't PRAISE Carl. I only praise my God. I clicked on the LIKE button for Carl. I'm not required to ask Carl squat. That's my right. I also don't believe in LRLs or dowsing. That is also my right. Now, you may call me a non-believing mad scientist. That is your right. TTC

Easy there, soldier. Wet the end of your fuse.
First of all, I didn't say you "worshiped" anyone, I said "praise." Haven't you ever heard the expression, "high praise"? It doesn't mean worship.
Anyway, what's with all the anger? All I said was, you asked the wrong guy that question. Carl has a vested interest in what he says.
No one said you're REQUIRED to do anything, so just ease your trigger finger, please.
Now why would I call you a non-believing mad scientist for not believing in dowsing? Are you this judgmental toward everyone, or just me?

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other
Carl has a vested interest in what he says.

Do you know what is the most funny part?

We have here for years an individual who claims LRLs are BS, nevertheless...
Nevertheless instead of just ignoring the subject since he thinks it's a 'fantasy' and staying out of forums and discussions about it, he seems to have a morbid attraction to participate.

I for instance, think that standard metal detectors are crap. He has a forum where a bunch of users and lovers of floor polishers discuss about them. Do I watch or join that thing? No!

So you would ask the most logical question... What Carl looses his time here for?
Answers:

a) Carl is a psycho. He has some pathology in which he tends to discredit and badmouth the things he loves.

b) Carl is starving to steal a LRL project so that he can make millions and finally be famous. So he is actually a disguised frustrated floor polisher
endorser.

c) His scientific knowledge is limited by self denials and delusions in learning.

d) All of the above

Pick one.

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Wow, I have been gone for a while, but nothing has changed. I think Terry so far has been the most respectful person asking questions. Yet many of them are never really answered.

K

Kentucky Kache

Do you know what is the most funny part?

We have here for years an individual who claims LRLs are BS, nevertheless...
Nevertheless instead of just ignoring the subject since he thinks it's a 'fantasy' and staying out of forums and discussions about it, he seems to have a morbid attraction to participate.

I for instance, think that standard metal detectors are crap. He has a forum where a bunch of users and lovers of floor polishers discuss about them. Do I watch or join that thing? No!

So you would ask the most logical question... What Carl looses his time here for?
Answers:

a) Carl is a psycho. He has some pathology in which he tends to discredit and badmouth the things he loves.

b) Carl is starving to steal a LRL project so that he can make millions and finally be famous. So he is actually a disguised frustrated floor polisher
endorser.

c) His scientific knowledge is limited by self denials and delusions in learning.

d) All of the above

Pick one.

From what I've heard, b would be a pretty safe bet.

Carl thought he was "getting me" when he posted a link of me being on a certain LRL website. He didn't have a good answer to my unexpected question: "What were YOU doing there?"

K

Kentucky Kache

Wow, I have been gone for a while, but nothing has changed. I think Terry so far has been the most respectful person asking questions. Yet many of them are never really answered.

Judging from the way he answered me, I'd say most people are afraid he'll shoot them if they speak to him.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~werleibr~
Wow, I have been gone for a while, but nothing has changed.
Actually they had changed..We were able to exchange information about our devices...Which we seldom could with certain kinds of people around... Art

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Easy there, soldier. Wet the end of your fuse.
First of all, I didn't say you "worshiped" anyone, I said "praise." Haven't you ever heard the expression, "high praise"? It doesn't mean worship.
Anyway, what's with all the anger? All I said was, you asked the wrong guy that question. Carl has a vested interest in what he says.
No one said you're REQUIRED to do anything, so just ease your trigger finger, please.
Now why would I call you a non-believing mad scientist for not believing in dowsing? Are you this judgmental toward everyone, or just me?
Ok, KK. You DID use the word praise. I did not use the word worship. Where in any of my posts do you sense anger? Soldier, fuse, trigger finger, shoot... those are all your words, not mine. I'll go away. You can come out from under your bed now. TTC

K

Kentucky Kache

Ok, KK. You DID use the word praise. I did not use the word worship. Where in any of my posts do you sense anger? Soldier, fuse, trigger finger, shoot... those are all your words, not mine. I'll go away. You can come out from under your bed now. TTC

Whew. Finally. Now how do I get all these cobwebs off?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My avatar IS intimidating. Don't you think? But I'm just a shell of my former self. The pic is 45 years old (I'm 63). TTC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am TerryC's twin brother. He doesn't know I'm posting this,yet. When Terry had his sargeant stripes pinned on he was told that as of that moment he was the youngest sargeant in the Marine Corps. The stripes were for the way he kicked a$$ in Viet Nam. TKC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am TerryC's twin brother. He doesn't know I'm posting this,yet. When Terry had his sargeant stripes pinned on he was told that as of that moment he was the youngest sargeant in the Marine Corps. The stripes were for the way he kicked a$$ in Viet Nam. TKC
That's SERGEANT Tim, with an E. But thanks anyway. TTC

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since I was the one that started this thread maybe I should put some input in here too? Somebody said that the metal detector companies are scared that the LRL's are going to win? I believe this. I have an Exterra 705 I love it, but its really a piece of junk. If I am in a heavily trashy area it will cancel out all targets good or bad. How do I know? Well I was in a boomtown ghostown the other day going through it with L rods and then was trying to use the detector on my targets to dig. Well after taking the detector over each X on the ground and not getting a hit with the detector I started to wonder. So I took a one ounce solid piece of silver I use for practice and tossed it over my shoulder. Took the L rods and located its general area and started detecting. After thirty minutes of swinging the detector and not finding my silver I was a little pissed. I then took the rods and got a little more technical with them and had a hit narrowed withing a few inches. Sure enough there layed the silver. I took the detector and swung it over top of it. No hit. I tried several different setting and ground balance, etc.. No hits with it. I decided that in a trashy area I just better get a hit and dig and use my mesh screens and find the target cause the detector sucked in this situation. So a machine that will discriminate and only find one particular element? You bet I want one. Can do it with a set of L Rods already but a machine that is accurate and can do it? I want one as soon as I find the right one for me. So anyone else out there want one of these machines? I hate trying to discriminate with a detector. I had this 705 for over a year now and I can bury a ten ounce bar one foot in the ground and pass over it all day and it wont even detect it no matter what setting you put it on. Bet any LRL would find it including my L Rods. Metal detectors are good for there purpose but really suck too. :laughing7:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
We're afraid, very afraid......... Just kidding!

Carl Moreland probably knows more about making LRL's than anyone else on the planet. Outfits like OKM and Mineoro (who also manufacture metal detectors!) look like amateurs by comparison. Dell and Ranger "are what they are", stuck in their little corners of the LRL market probably clueless how their own machines "work", although they are smart enough to have figured out how to sell them. Take a look at the Ranger-Tell and you'll realize that's no mean accomplishment. Thomas of Electroscope fame is a pro at LRL's who obviously knows how LRL's "work".

And the funny thing about coyote3's post is that the Anderson Rod isn't even an LRL! Whatever it is that it does, it needs no fraudulent electronics to make it happen!

Carl and I are friends, and also competitors, in the beep business. Carl and I differ in our opinions on whether dowsing does or at least can "work", but fraudulent electronics with fraudulent marketing thereof, represented as electronic underground locating apparatus, we're really hard to BS on that.

One of the more disappointing aspects of dowsing rods is that so little real engineering goes into them. I've suggested to the boss that we produce a well-engineered dowsing rod, but he's concerned that the reputation that dowsing has created for itself would rub off on our metal detectors and industrial equipment, so that's a no-go. Obviously I've never suggested that we get into the LRL business, because we already have long range locating equipment that actually works and nobody disputes that it works, ain't no way we're going to ruin our reputations there by offering LRL's under the same trademarks! (or under any other trademark for that matter). LRL's are frauds, so let companies whose business model is fraud make and sell the damn things. That's not our business model.

But if someone wants an LRL anyhow, buy it! Not only will you get what you want, you'll get what you deserve. Just remember to buy it with your own money, not with someone else's.

--Dave J.

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the keyboard breaks, will any old calculator work in its place?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread