Does Anyone have a RangerTell Examiner

J__P

Jan 12, 2010
So far JP you have told me nothing that can not be found on skeptic web sites..End of subject...Art
Hi Art,
I think you are mistaken. Review some of the things I told you:

1. I told you that neither Rangertell or I know of any Examiners that exist in Southern California except for the one that I have.
2. I told you I spent three days reading all the PDF files in the Examiner instructions until I understood what they say.
3. I told you how I observed more than 50 people try to get two Examiners to work over a three year period, and they could not locate anything.
5. I told you how followed instructions that Mike(Mont) suggested to find success with the Examiner.
6. I told you how We used the key codes that the Rangertell manual says we should use.
7. I told you how used every tip I could find on the forums for three years to locate things with the Examiner.
8. I told you how tried the key codes and other tips which you recommended.
9. I told you how checked the calculator modes and settings that you gave in your posts.
10. I explained how the TI solar calculator responds after pressing certain keys.
11. I told you how I made sure I didn't accidentally press any wrong buttons to change the mode of the calculator.
12. I told you how I degaussed the brass antenna according to your instructions.
13. I told you a better way to discharge any electric charge from the brass antenna, in case your degaussing method didn't work.

It appears you are incorrect when you say I have told you nothing that can not be found on skeptic web sites.
I cannot find any skeptic website, or any other website anywhere that tells you these things.
These things that I told you can only be found here.

Apparently you became discouraged when your tips did not result in the deluxe Examiner locating anything.
I don't blame you for becoming discouraged.
I have been observing more than 50 people who cannot locate anything with these two Examiners for three years.
But I am not discouraged, because I know that hung and you can find things with your Examiners.
Maybe some day I can witness this event where you find something with an Examiner, so I can become convinced as well as you are.

But even if I cannot witness you locating things with your Examiner, maybe someone else in Southern California will buy an Examiner and show me how they can find things with it.
Then I can learn how to do it right by watching what they do.
I can keep the Examiner on hand for the time being, until someone shows a good way to make it work.

Until that time happens, I must continue using my other LRL which actually works according to well-known LRL methods.

Thanks for the tips
Best wishes,
J_P

P.S. Everyone is welcome to come try out the deluxe Examiner to see how it works before they buy one. Send me a PM and arrange to try it out anywhere in Southern California.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~JP~
I told you that neither Rangertell or I know of any Examiners that exist in Southern California except for the one that I have.
So you have contacted 40 million people..I thought you had 2 RT’s
I told you how I observed more than 50 people try to get two Examiners to work over a three year period, and they could not locate anything
So I guess your can’t get your money back
I told you how followed instructions that Mike(Mont) suggested to find success with the Examiner.
Yes I read that...The only thing that made sense to me is...
You have to learn to let the rod work without trying to interfere with your mind or your body.
I have been observing more than 50 people who cannot locate anything with these two Examiners for three years.
But I am not discouraged, because I know that hung and you can find things with your Examiners.
Yes..hung, myself and 38 others who have posted on this board

J__P

Jan 12, 2010
~JP~

So you have contacted 40 million people..I thought you had 2 RT’s

So I guess your can’t get your money back

Yes I read that...The only thing that made sense to me is...
You have to learn to let the rod work without trying to interfere with your mind or your body.

Yes..hung, myself and 38 others who have posted on this board

"So you have contacted 40 million people"
No Art,
I contacted Rangertell, and they told me they have no Rangertells in Southern California. Maybe you should check with them to get the facts.

"I thought you had 2 RT’s"
I had the Examiner model 808B. After spending a lot of time trying to get it to work, I sent it back, and they sent me a replacement of the deluxe model, which I was not expecting. I was happy to receive an upgraded version. Both of these Examiners were tested in the field and lab by myself and volunteers. Some of the 50+ people tested the model 808B, and some of them tested the deluxe model, and some of them tested both models.

"So I guess your can’t get your money back"
I have no concern about any money involved with the Examiner. I am not seeking to get any money. My only interest is for someone to come show how this unit can work to find something.

"Yes I read that...The only thing that made sense to me is...
You have to learn to let the rod work without trying to interfere with your mind or your body".
I tried the instructions from Mike(Mont), and they did not work for me. But more than 50 other people also tried to locate things with the Examiners. I think some of these people were probably not letting their mind interfere with their body. However, Rangertell told me that the Examiner does not work as a dowsing rod, and it will simply work as soon as you turn it on and enter the key codes, extend the antenna and set the control knob. According to Rangertell, it works without concern for things like where your concentration is focused on, as it is an electronic locator. It seems to me that you also told me "If you try to Dowsing with a LRL or MFD you are doomed to failure"

"Yes..hung, myself and 38 others who have posted on this board"
This is wonderful. Maybe one of the other 38 Examiner users will be passing through the Southern California area, where they can show how the Examiner locates things. Then I can learn by watching what they do. And I can post photos of all the things we find here after that.

Thanks Art.
Best wishes,
J_P

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
OK JP...Set the antenna up...Turn the knob all the way counter clockwise. Mark the case at the zero..Take the number I sent you...Put it in..now press the cos button and wait until the calculation comes up...Then put in 1.. now press the tan button and put in 10.. Now you have a frequency, 1 foot in depth and 10 feet in distance..Now put a gold target down and walk a north-south direction passed it
Go to... aarthrj3811 - YouTube
And check my movies100-0031...100-0013...100-0018 and 100-0008
Tell me if it works or not....Art

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know Art that I bought one also. Is what I cannot figure is why the frequencies that you have, JP has and I have are all different? Kinda pisses me off they cannot standardize something. And believe me I have asked them this quite a few times.. I have the same calculator as his because it was supposedly the best one they had...I know it works, but I don't know if it works for everyone the same as dowsing works for some of us but not for others. We know there are skeptics no matter what is it. How many people dont believe in God? How many believe in Santa Clause? Let them be..... I just want to find something with it. I also picked up a SI GO from a member on here. Now that thing works.. I am impressed with it. But, it runs on power and has a circuit board full of resistors and wires and diodes. Nope.. wont work. IT WORKS.... Same principle.....

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey coyote 3....I have 3 gold frequencies from RT over the years...all with different ways to enter them...I also have about 10 more from other kinds of LRL’s and another 4 from Carl...They will all locate gold but some are just better than others...The one I use right now came from a gentleman in Kansas..It will not pick up Micro gold and I like that part..I also have a Si-Go...the only thing that it can tell me is that there is gold or silver..Art

J__P

Jan 12, 2010
Just a note here, I never gave j-player any set of instructions to use an R-T. I don't recal all the details but I mentioned a few things and I told him I would help him. He refused claiming something like the instructions should provide everything. Besides there is no way to teach a skeptic to use a dowsing rod. My opinion is anyone with a negative attitude is not in the state of Grace.

This thread should be on the dowsing page.
"He refused claiming something like the instructions should provide everything".
Hi signal line,
I never received any instructions from anyone calling themselves signal line, and I never refused any instructions from any Rangertell user.
The first instructions I got were from someone who calls himself Mike(Mont) in 2009. Please scroll up to post #94 http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...one-have-rangertell-examiner.html#post3042703 and see some of the advice Mike(Mont) gave in several posts, when he learned I was inviting people to come and test the new Examiner that had arrived. Those words I posted in blue are the exact words that Mike(Mont) told in several forum posts giving advice for the Examiner. I know these are Mike(Mont)'s exact words because I made a copy to keep as an addendum to the Rangertell instructions. Unless you are Mike(Mont) using a different name, then you had nothing to do with those instructions.

My reply to Mike(Mont) was:
"The instructions say nothing about taking the measures you suggested. But if all else fails, I will try the things you say I should keep in mind when using the examiner. In fact, I will try all your suggestions at the end of the test program regardless, even if I find success without them".
And yes, I did try Mike(Mont)'s instructions several times, and so did some of the others who tested the Examiner.

I don't know who you are, but if you are the same person as Mike(Mont), it appears your memory of what you posted in 2009 has changed in an interesting way. It was hard enough dealing with a few skeptics who demanded I make tests their way, but I managed to get quite a bit of advice from people who actually used Examiners. Now someone calling himself signal line comes here and says I refused to follow instructions that were given to me. I don't like this.

As far as the Examiner being a dowsing rod, the Rangertell instructions as well as emails from Rangertell tell me it is not a dowsing rod, but an electronic machine which swivels based on the laws of inductance. However, I am of the opinion that you and Carl-NC and woof! may be correct, and it is indeed a dowsing rod. The only problem is this is just my opinion. I can't prove it; It simply seems to perform exactly as a dowsing rod performs. Since it is marketed as an LRL rather than a dowsing rod, I suppose it should remain in this section of the forum.

Best Wishes,
J_P

J__P

Jan 12, 2010
OK JP...Set the antenna up...Turn the knob all the way counter clockwise. Mark the case at the zero..Take the number I sent you...Put it in..now press the cos button and wait until the calculation comes up...Then put in 1.. now press the tan button and put in 10.. Now you have a frequency, 1 foot in depth and 10 feet in distance..Now put a gold target down and walk a north-south direction passed it
Hi Art,
I got your code instructions, and added the extra instructions you posted above.
I haven't had any luck with it, but I can try it again later when the parking lot is dry. It's still wet from rain early this morning.

Best wishes,
J_P

J__P

Jan 12, 2010
Hi Art,
Thanks for the help.

I tried your numbers again on the dry pavement. I used a 14k gold man's ring about 9 gm weight placed on dry asphalt pavement.
I set up the Examiner according to your instructions, with antenna extended 1 length plus 1/4 inch.
Walking from north to south I found no detection of the gold ring.
Then I repeated from south to north, east to west and west to east.
I tried all these directions several times.
Then I walked in circles around the ring at a radius of a foot, 2 feet, 3, and larger circles up to 8 foot radius.
Another person from the office also tried it, then moved the ring to a new location where we both tried it.
We did not find any detection of the gold ring.

Best Wishes,
J_P

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Yes ...I know of 1000’s of people who find treasure every day with the Ranger Tell..something seems to wrong with your device or the way you are using it......Art

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to agree with Art. Something is wrong with the device. I get more movement out of mine than that. You do not want to think about anything while using it. Especially about the ring or what you want to find. I use the 222.02 and set the fine tune between 5.6 and 6.6 and it will swing. I have had people hide items and it will swing and find the item. Honestly, the only thing that is gained by this instrument over a good set of L rods is you can tell how far away it is. Which can be guessed fairly close by triangulation and a weight check can tell a person how much it weighs. So its just another method of finding treasure more accurately. But it works. And you do not want to dowse with it just the same as a good MFD or other LRL or even the Si Go or these type instruments.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I think about a movie I saw, a pleasant fun time I have had or just about anything except what I am doing. What I like about the ranger tell is that I can set the depth that I am willing to dig that day and the distance I am willing to dig walk that day...There is no sense in wasting my time chasing stuff I know I will not dig..These decisions are made when I have looked at the terrain, ground cover and steepness of the land.
I have been told by the skeptics I use the RT as a dowsing tool using the Ideomotor Response..Could the reason why the skeptics can not use these devices be that they allow the Ideomotor Response to do their thinking?...Art

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I think about a movie I saw, a pleasant fun time I have had or just about anything except what I am doing. What I like about the ranger tell is that I can set the depth that I am willing to dig that day and the distance I am willing to dig walk that day...There is no sense in wasting my time chasing stuff I know I will not dig..These decisions are made when I have looked at the terrain, ground cover and steepness of the land.
I have been told by the skeptics I use the RT as a dowsing tool using the Ideomotor Response..Could the reason why the skeptics can not use these devices be that they allow the Ideomotor Response to do their thinking?...Art

Wait a minute..... earlier someone on this thread stated that "there is no dowsing involved, you turn it on and it goes" I am thinking that sounds more like a metal detector (albeit a long range one). Is this correct?

If that's correct, how come you have to "believe" in order for it to work? Skeptic or no, my metal detectors will sound off the same for everybody, no matter whether they "believe" or not.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~Jeffro~
Wait a minute..... earlier someone on this thread stated that "there is no dowsing involved,
Yes that is my opinion..
you turn it on and it goes"
That has not been my experience..but..I have only used 7 of 100 or so models in production
I am thinking that sounds more like a metal detector (albeit a long range one). Is this correct?
Since they moved us to this board I am seeing questions that tells me there are a lot of metal detector users that also are not “turn on a go” for everyone

If that's correct, how come you have to "believe" in order for it to work?
Did I say that?...I said .. I have been told by the skeptics I use the RT as a dowsing tool using the Ideomotor Response..Could the reason why the skeptics can not use these devices be that they allow the Ideomotor Response to do their thinking?...
It may be that some people can not control the Ideomotor response which they think is an involuntary response. Myself, I belief that it can be a taught response..
Skeptic or no, my metal detectors will sound off the same for everybody, no matter whether they "believe" or not.
That is true if you are directly over what it is set to locate and are in its limited range...Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey JP....Check you hands and see which one is Positive...It should be your right hand but not always..Now..the RT can be used as a stand alone device...Sit it up on end with the antenna up..take a set of rods and walk between it and the target...Coat hanger rods..
To make the L rods cut two hangers at the neck and straighten them. Make the handles 5" long and the long side 17"making sure that the handles are free of the old bends. Remember that these L Rods are not very sensitive but will react to a lot of different objects....Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey JP...Have you determine which hand is your positive hand?...Take the foam cover off the handle. Hold it with your little finger on the rod tip. Give it a try..I am still not sure why the unit will not work for you..Coyote3...Read everything..Try everything..Use what works for you
...Art

Last edited:

J__P

Jan 12, 2010
Hey JP....Check you hands and see which one is Positive...It should be your right hand but not always..Now..the RT can be used as a stand alone device...Sit it up on end with the antenna up..take a set of rods and walk between it and the target...Coat hanger rods..
To make the L rods cut two hangers at the neck and straighten them. Make the handles 5" long and the long side 17"making sure that the handles are free of the old bends. Remember that these L Rods are not very sensitive but will react to a lot of different objects....Art
Hi Art,About your new experiment:

1. I never measured which of my hands are positive or negative before, so I don't know the proper procedure to do this.
I presume you want me to measure the voltage between one hand and the other. My first attempt to take a measurement Using a digital voltmeter failed because of the electrical noise that the meter leads pick up from the air and from your body, which also tends to collect electrical noise from the air. I was getting readings all over the place from 150mv to -30mv. The best method I can use without visiting a medical center that has electrically shielded rooms is to place the meter and my hands into a metal box to minimize the stray noise which could tend to give false readings. In this condition, I still had some noise that caused the meter readings to wander up and down, but on average, I found readings of left hand 40mv more positive than the right hand. In my opinion, I think there is less than a 30% probability that a real test at a medical center would agree with this crude reading.

2. The experiment you suggested sounds like dowsing to me, considering it requires a set of dowsing rods made from coat hangers.
You should know I am not a dowser. Every attempt I made to dowse in the past resulted in no response from the rods. Examples: walk over water hose = no response from rods. Walk over water hose with water running = no response from rods. Search for metals on the ground = no response. Step on metals = no response. This has been the case since I first tried it years ago, and with dowsers giving me instructions, as well as later times I tried it on my own, using only instructions I found online.

3. I did your experiment with the examiner balanced on the ground pointing nearly vertical. It had your recommended key codes entered and antenna extended 1 length + 1/4 inch, and a man's gold ring on the ground 8 feet away. I got no response from the dowsing rods when I walked between the Examiner and the gold ring.

Best Wishes,
J_P

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread