Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you guys are taking the AT-Pro to the ocean beach in the wet sand or water, ground balancing is a must!
I find that mine usually ground balances between 11-14.
Cut the sensitivity back 1-3 notches from full to keep it from falsing.
Then, have fun!

OP
OP
YukonCorn

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you guys are taking the AT-Pro to the ocean beach in the wet sand or water, ground balancing is a must!
I find that mine usually ground balances between 11-14.
Cut the sensitivity back 1-3 notches from full to keep it from falsing.
Then, have fun!

Thanks for the info I can use it.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run the Pro with the 5 x 8 on it and that is my coil of choice bar none. So I have to slow down, who cares? I am finding targets in amongst trash, it just pulls those targets in like nothing. This morning my neighbor grabbed me to do his yard before it got to hot and I pulled a little over two bucks out of it all early seventies stuff. A lot of those targets showed nothing on the screen as a number and 90 % were 8 - 10 inches deep. Love that coil; it just works!

OP
OP
YukonCorn

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run the Pro with the 5 x 8 on it and that is my coil of choice bar none. So I have to slow down, who cares? I am finding targets in amongst trash, it just pulls those targets in like nothing. This morning my neighbor grabbed me to do his yard before it got to hot and I pulled a little over two bucks out of it all early seventies stuff. A lot of those targets showed nothing on the screen as a number and 90 % were 8 - 10 inches deep. Love that coil; it just works!

I am going to get that coil for sure. What are your current settings?

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yea I forgot to mention the bigger stock coil works great on the beach!
The only time I use my 5x8 coil is if I'm on land in an area with a lot of trash in the ground.

On the beach either run it in Pro Zero Mode or Pro Custom Mode with iron discriminate at 38.
Dig everything over 40 that doesn't make a grunting noise when you turn on the iron audio button when you are swinging over a target.

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I might as well jump in here......I just ordered my AT Pro the other day as well......cant wait!

OP
OP
YukonCorn

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
YukonCorn

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yea I forgot to mention the bigger stock coil works great on the beach!
The only time I use my 5x8 coil is if I'm on land in an area with a lot of trash in the ground.

On the beach either run it in Pro Zero Mode or Pro Custom Mode with iron discriminate at 38.
Dig everything over 40 that doesn't make a grunting noise when you turn on the iron audio button when you are swinging over a target.

Ahh great info. Feed us more.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only run Pro Zero, today I used no discrim on it, and I had iron audio on; I was dealing with trash. I only worked that yard for about a hour and a half. Also I tuned down sensitivity one more notch so I was down three because I wanted to go deep. And I called every coin before I dug it, and the neighbor's wife would say "Honest to God" when I placed the coin in her hand. This was a site I didn't take a thing when I was done, the excitement on their faces was pleasure enough for me.

Last edited:

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
YukonCorn

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
YukonCorn

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pro Zero with NO Disc is the same as having Iron Audio on...
No difference if audio is on or off, you will still hear the iron hence
no Disc...

Third post down: This guy feels the same way as I do...
Actually, read the whole page guys...
at pro iron audio question? - Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

I only run Pro Zero, today I used no discrim on it, and I had iron audio on; I was dealing with trash. I only worked that yard for about a hour and a half. Also I tuned down sensitivity one more notch so I was down three because I wanted to go deep. And I called every coin before I dug it, and the neighbor's wife would say "Honest to God" when I placed the coin in her hand. This was a site I didn't take a thing when I was done, the excitement on their faces was pleasure enough for me.

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yukon, you should know that already correct?
Did you see my video I made last week? I thought you did...
Not the best video (first time) BUT you still get to see the numbers
and why you HAVE TO dig higher than 40.... ALWAYS! LOL
Pete
You MUST BE so excited about your purchase! RDanne also!
Can't wait till you guys get it! YEH! LOL

Ahhh I see thanks.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might as well jump in here......I just ordered my AT Pro the other day as well......cant wait!

Awesome join the club

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread