Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keppy said:
Yes that did sort of irk me when the producer did not shake Justins hand.............. And the investor not being there... I don't really think there was a investor.... That was just put in to try to put a little suspense in the show.....And as some said we will watch the Dakota boy's and Parker........... But Todd he seems to be a waste....... I don't think Todd will get the viewers that the Dakota's and Parker will get..........I thought that was great that Parker asked the 2 Todds guys if they would come and work for him...... But i did not think the producer cared for that.

Missed that and can't bring myself too watch it again
That's tot bad thou Justin's a good hard working fella sure hope he hangs around awhile longer ..
Think Parker's gona do some big things up there with a little help from his future farther in law;) tony beets.....
It's a shame he couldn't hit it big one more time at big nugget befor his grand dads gone !
He's one cool old man and smart as a whip !

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saturday's rerun had a little additional footage, to replace the in studio
stuff.

at the end the "greenies" from Dave & Todd's crews each got $10,000

the regular workers $20,000

& they (the long timers who did the least) each took $30,000

I never saw any mention of totals after expenses

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stuff.

Where did you get these figures? Are these the split totals from the amount of gold they dug?
I am sure they made more than that, just for being on the show. It's all staged (95% anyway) drama.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you get these figures? Are these the split totals from the amount of gold they dug?
I am sure they made more than that, just for being on the show. It's all staged (95% anyway) drama.

yea i'm sure it's staged.

at the end of gold rush at 3 pm saturday
on the re edited rerun, Jack Hoffman announced to the crew their take.

one of the greenies then said he was happy with his share especially if
gold doubled :laughing7:

so i take it he's in no hurry to sell his part

Last edited:

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
I bet Discovery Channel / Todd’s crew are going to take some heat from viewers and possibly from the state of Alaska due to the cutting of the trees to set ablaze merely to melt the ice.

They aren't in Alaska... They are in the Klondike (Yukon Territory, Canada). As long as the landthaey cleared the treees from will be run through the washplant later they are probably OK.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just because the dude is a "Christian" doesn't mean he is not gonna do drugs or decide not to because he is gonna be on T.V.. I also don't believe though he can afford it that it is coke....He looks like he is on Meth to me, I grew up in a pretty poor and crappy area of southern Ca. and saw an unfortunate amount of Speed addiction and use...and Todd Hoffman is a tweeker......Facebook comments mean nothing to me ...Hey Todd how about you show a Doctors note. the show is not 95% staged either....I actually enjoyed seeing Todd called out on his laziness and lack of leadership skills.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Rush was better a couple seasons ago. It's is just what it is - entertainment. Let's see - 800 plus oz of gold at say $1600 per ounce. Call it $850k because I don't have a calculator on me at the moment. Take what was it, 20% off the top for use of the land? Take off another $500k for the two washplants. Take off $25k for rental on 8 pieces of equipment. Take off $100 per day (estimated) expenses per person, to include their rented trailers. Let's say it's a 120 day season. Fuel, what fuel? Now we all know the Discovery Channel, Volvo, Garrett, Keene and anybody else's name you saw on the show paid to have their stuff used. If you dropped out the sponsorships, they lost money. (And now pay for land reclamation). Their Math doesn't work out.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ever see a fat meth addict? I live in what was once called "The Valley of Meth Death", and also know the signs
of addiction...and as best I can tell none of those signs are present. "Tweaker"? No sores on his face, he's overweight
and his WIFE AND KIDS were there too, and they were all living very close to one another in that compound. Don't
ya think one of the wives/guys would have said something?

Without a single shred of evidence exists to prove such a theory, to form such an opinion only after watching
a 2 hr. TV show seems just a bit too presumptuous, and "presumption" is the Mother of all F-ups!

I like Todd...wouldn't work for him (but I would Dave), but he's a guy with his heart in the right spot
and is at least making every effort to improve his lot in life along with the lives of his workers.

Again, JMHO.

Last edited:

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I, as well, have lived with tweakers sincw early in life (rasied in del paso heights, sacramento) and can say yes there are fat tweakers. That said, he did look coked out, but that dosnt mean he was on cocaine. He said himself he was on medication, and he probably had a beer or two.

But one thing, he is on tv, he exchanged a private life for cash. I think this is all bs. Who gives a rats' patooti whether he was on drugs or not. I dont like him because he endangered both his workers and his equipment, and straight up lied to daves face.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, as well, have lived with tweakers sincw early in life (rasied in del paso heights, sacramento) and can say yes there are fat tweakers. That said, he did look coked out, but that dosnt mean he was on cocaine. He said himself he was on medication, and he probably had a beer or two.

But one thing, he is on tv, he exchanged a private life for cash. I think this is all bs. Who gives a rats' patooti whether he was on drugs or not. I dont like him because he endangered both his workers and his equipment, and straight up lied to daves face.

I don't dislike him personally just his beard :laughing7:
But I agree what he puts in his system is his business.

wasn't it just a season ago we found out his dad was hooked on moraphine
and taking it at the Mine ?

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking for a replay of the Saturday show and instead saw a promo for a show called "Silver Rush." here we go again...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold rush replayed this morning I believe

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will replay again 7 PM eastern

Friday right before a New Behind the scenes Gold Rush episode

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking for a replay of the Saturday show and instead saw a promo for a show called "Silver Rush." here we go again...

OH & SILVER RUSH on Disc. tonight 8 Eastern

About The Show

This past summer, Discovery Channel cameras rolled as the world's best-known deep-sea recovery team, Odyssey Marine Exploration (OME), successfully recovered approximately 48 tons of silver bullion from the SS Gairsoppa - making it the deepest and heaviest cargo recovery in history. SILVER RUSH, a new three-part series narrated by Mike Rowe, tells the story of one of the greatest deep-sea treasure quests of all time. The series will take viewers on board Odyssey's flagship, the Odyssey Explorer, as it launches its most audacious operation ever -- locate and excavate three shipwrecks worth as much as a billion dollars all in one season. But will they be able to complete the entire recovery effort in just 90 days before punishing storms roll in?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/shipwrecks/337456-ship-wreck-show-discovery-channel.html

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff

I thought the greenhorns got 10 ozs, the 2nd year guys got 20 ozs, and those that were there for all three seasons, got 30 ozs... Just what I remember. One of the young guys even commented his share will be worth even more when gold goes to 3000 per oz...

stuff.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff

I thought the greenhorns got 10 ozs, the 2nd year guys got 20 ozs, and those that were there for all three seasons, got 30 ozs... Just what I remember. One of the young guys even commented his share will be worth even more when gold goes to 3000 per oz...

LOL you may well be right.

I didn't write it down :sadsmiley:

& yes I do remember the comment on gold rising

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
If my take was in gold, I would have been upset that they melted my pieces into Discovery bars.... jmho

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If my take was in gold, I would have been upset that they melted my pieces into Discovery bars.... jmho

I'm not so sure I would be.

Would depend on If I needed to convert them or not.

I'd say 10 oz of powder could have more impurities
then 10 ounces of bars.

Of course I'm no expert.

But then if I got some nice Nuggets that could be sold as a Premium :laughing7:

But My guess The Elite 2 (todd & the old Man) got them as a bonus
to themselves :(

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I, as well, have lived with tweakers since early in life (rasied in del paso
heights, Sacramento) and can say yes there are fat tweakers.

Got to thinking about that, and you're right...there are a few around. Got a fellow that used to be a good friend
who lives just down the street. In the last 3 years I've seen him go from a healthy/husky 220 lb. down to
what has to be less than 150, and he looks like crap..nothing like the good man he was. I've talked myself
horse more than once trying to convince him to get into rehab, and that he can beat this disease (addiction)
and get his life back. Unfortunately, he just doesn't seem interested, yet, but he knows that when he is ready
for a change that there are people ready to help him make it back to clean & sober.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread