Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like Parker pairing up with Swede up in the Klondike. I thought it was hilarious when he tried to snag the entire hofman crew on the show and doyle was obviously pissed and kept shutting him down.

Not to nitpick, but Tony Beets is Dutch, not Swedish. Easy to mistake the two, though.

And I was glad for closure on the bum wash plant, that the builder paid Todd back, fixed it up and it's in use elsewhere. Todd defended the guy quite forcefully.

Last edited:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Have not seen the final show yet, due to working almost forty hours straight without chemical assistance. But I am about Todd out at this time and would not work with him. I hate seeing gold washing out and equipment being abused when not necessary. Dave on the other hand, I could work with.
Nuff Said.

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coke head all the way.....Peru will be just the place for his newly aquired habit.He thinks everybody is stupid,going to the doc?How long has he been back?Bad way to lose weight Todd....all of America isnt stupid,and I couldnt help but catch Cristo made it sound like the Hurts and Parker may not be on next years show?

Parker should have told Todd,"maybe the show will buy that equipt. for me like they did you?"That was a stupid remark,and where was the investor?
Todd get help,addiction runs in your family,and you canned your mechanic for t.....dont be a hypocrite

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not seen the final show yet, due to working almost forty hours straight without chemical assistance. But I am about Todd out at this time and would not work with him. I hate seeing gold washing out and equipment being abused when not necessary. Dave on the other hand, I could work with.
Nuff Said.

I think it gets rerun in about 30 minutes from now on the east coast.

at least the first half does, Minus the in studio BS

Norseman

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The motherload went up Todd`s nose and Justin(?) didn't get to shake the producers hand.

Hole "live" thing was a crap.

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
I agree with everyone especially with why can't they just show them trying to mine gold. That Christo guy need to put those cool hand Luke smelting shades on and hop back in his convertible back to Hollywood. Get Massie to host the show lol

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i'm all in for Toddie in SA if he has to be on tv (which he acts like he hates)
Here's pulling for the anacondas and jaguars....

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
here's hoping his chin hair gets a fungus

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm all in for Toddie in SA if he has to be on tv (which he acts like he hates)
Here's pulling for the anacondas and jaguars....
they arent in the jungle?Likely no wild animals to worry about where they are if its Peru like I think it is

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
they arent in the jungle?Likely no wild animals to worry about where they are if its Peru like I think it is

there must be scorpions or spiders and snakes oh my!

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree with dizzy and 419, should have more mining less fake drama. Christo is idiotic for ignoring all the good qualities of these men and focusing on things the audience doesn't even care about. And I'm a little upset he didn't let anyone talk at the end, I actually wanted to hear what the miners had to say but they kept getting cut off! Hopefully next season they replace christo doyle.

Always, he is following the lead set by Thom Beers and his shows. Most of the time the men on these shows are engaged in mundane drudgery and if they just aired the interesting stuff that naturally happens, the show would be all of 3 episodes. So they manufacture drama when it shouldn't exist.

You should watch 'Axe Men.' That's a soap opera.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bet Discovery Channel / Todd’s crew are going to take some heat from viewers and possibly from the state of Alaska due to the cutting of the trees to set ablaze merely to melt the ice.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AzViper said:
I bet Discovery Channel / Todd’s crew are going to take some heat from viewers and possibly from the state of Alaska due to the cutting of the trees to set ablaze merely to melt the ice.

Oh we'll those who would say anything are just going to cry about something anyway!!!!
I will be glad when get some better shows about mining .
Iv enjoyed gold rush but cristo is a pansy punk I could not stand too watch him do all he could to cause problems between these fellas
Sure wish some one would,have jumped up and knocked the crap out of him on live tv
Maybe that would have been enough too keep him happy.
All he ever does is poke at these fella,to get crap started between them ..

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to see the Dakota Boy's new hard rock remote mountain adventure! And also Parker. They can keep Todd.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes that did sort of irk me when the producer did not shake Justins hand.............. And the investor not being there... I don't really think there was a investor.... That was just put in to try to put a little suspense in the show.....And as some said we will watch the Dakota boy's and Parker........... But Todd he seems to be a waste....... I don't think Todd will get the viewers that the Dakota's and Parker will get..........I thought that was great that Parker asked the 2 Todds guys if they would come and work for him...... But i did not think the producer cared for that.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread