GREAT first find!

mike5298

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2007
My first really GOOD find!! In one hole I found 5 loose nickels (2)1908, (1)1909 and (2)1911. About 2 feet away I got another hit. I dug that spot and around 5" deep I pulled this old tea cup or something up that had coins in it! After the pictures, I removed the coins. There were 7 more nickels! The oldest one being the nicest....an 1883. I also found (2) 1869 Indian Head Pennies in the same field. The picture is of the nicer one of the two.

Attachments

• pic1 (Small).jpg
    pic1 (Small).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 9,035
  • pic3 (Small).jpg
    pic3 (Small).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 9,033
  • pic8 (Small).jpg
    pic8 (Small).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 9,014
  • pic9 (Small).jpg
    pic9 (Small).jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 8,955
  • 1869penny (Small).jpg
    1869penny (Small).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 8,906
Upvote 0

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great cache!! Welcome to TNet!

Nickel_Buff1935

Jun 1, 2007
NY
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-Terra 50 & WHITE'S MXT
rodgerdodger said:
if i found those v nickels id be showing them off especially the 1883.please show us all your v nickels.thank you.

I'd love to see all of them in one pic!

What a beautiful sight that would be!

Nickel_B

B

BIG61AL

It alway amazes me how worn most liberty nickles are. They must have been used alot over and over again. Just try to imagine how many cokeacolas and candy and beer and cigars were bought with just the ones you found. Nice find.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its all down hill from there........

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you disappeared after 2 post?

Or finding it difficult to bet that one for your next post ;)

daimlerbenz

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2007
New Jersey
mike5298 said:
My first really GOOD find!! In one hole I found 5 loose nickels (2)1908, (1)1909 and (2)1911. About 2 feet away I got another hit. I dug that spot and around 5" deep I pulled this old tea cup or something up that had coins in it! After the pictures, I removed the coins. There were 7 more nickels! The oldest one being the nicest....an 1883. I also found (2) 1869 Indian Head Pennies in the same field. The picture is of the nicer one of the two.
Mike has been busy finding MORE Great Coins...He just Found a Flying Cent,in the same area...I have been bugging him to post more pics ::)I Have made some good finds in that area also...Including 3 V nickels,1 Indian Penny,and a few Spanish silvers...One dated 1761.
Just to answer a few questions that you might all have,The area we are checking out is directly behind our work,They are digging up the area(That used to be a farm) to build a new Business.
We usually hit the area during lunch and after work for a little while.
I am waiting to get my digital Camera back from a buddy to post my finds...I have been a fan of this site for awhile now and actually have become fans of alot of you. ;D
I also found a Military Button that i will show you all soon that i could use some help to identify.
Happy Hunting Everyone.
daimlerbenz

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
daimlerbenz said:
mike5298 said:
Mike has been busy finding MORE Great Coins...He just Found a Flying Cent,in the same area...I have been bugging him to post more pics ::)I Have made some good finds in that area also...Including 3 V nickels,1 Indian Penny,and a few Spanish silvers...One dated 1761.
Just to answer a few questions that you might all have,The area we are checking out is directly behind our work,They are digging up the area(That used to be a farm) to build a new Business.
We usually hit the area during lunch and after work for a little while.
I am waiting to get my digital Camera back from a buddy to post my finds...I have been a fan of this site for awhile now and actually have become fans of alot of you. ;D
I also found a Military Button that i will show you all soon that i could use some help to identify.
Happy Hunting Everyone.
daimlerbenz

Welcome from the UK, get that camera & start posting, also kick your friend for me.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!,, Very nice MIke, WTG!!!
Going to be kinda hard to ever top that one, but I'm sure you will.
Good luck in doing so, & Happy hunting~

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
Wow!

Makes my five penny pocket spill this last weekend (all modern) seem exactly what it was - a lot of digging for five damn cents...!

Congrats on a great find!!!

SoulDancer

Oct 13, 2007
Gurnee, IL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I agree you found a cache. Not to bad either. :) Might want to search the same area for more containers.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are awsome finds and to find them all together...
You are most fortunate to find all of those.
WTG!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BLAM!!

WTG, shoot a cache of buffalo's is one thing but killer V's like that, thats really cool !!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread