Heartquest Rocks - ??

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• GiantHeart-heartquest.jpg
    GiantHeart-heartquest.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 143
OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
heartquest;
What is this heart pointing to on that back cliff? And, (up to the right in the yellow circle), is that a turtle facing to the left, looking at a boot shaped rock tucked into a squared off opening??
Hi Shortstack, When I first sighted up this heartrock, I was astonished to see the "tomb", which I posted above, but will post again here. That's how I first saw the tomb shaped rock and all the interesting things around it. I have all this on Old Dogs big thread about Basic Signs and symbols, but just thought I'd put all these cool photos on their own thread so people could see. Here's the tomb, and stuff around it...the big heart is below all this and points up to it. All of this is obvious... somebody would see it from the historical trail and come to the heart, then look up and see all this stuff. The last detail is a zigzag on the wall to the left of the "tomb door".
TombDoorRightSide.jpg TombDoor.jpg TombLionEagleWall.jpg TombMaybeLighteningBolt.jpg
TombDoubleEagleandLion.jpg

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Here's yet another interesting area. It's on a ridge just above the tomb rock group of stuff. This stuff I call the "interesting assemblage". I see in it, yet another death heart, with what looks like a guy kneeling in front of it...or maybe dead in front of it...so we call this the kneeling heart. Looking over at this heart is what maybe the Indian with a Back Pack, that Calvin described in his book. I am not sure of any of this... but, that's what we call them. I can tell you one thing. By the time you get up here, it is no fun. It is steep, sheer, loose rocks everywhere and death hearts...it's just plain creepy.

Attachments

• Heart3.jpg
    Heart3.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 124
  • InterestingAssemblage2.jpg
    InterestingAssemblage2.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 117
  • InterestingAssemblage.jpg
    InterestingAssemblage.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
A beautiful Bighorn, standing above a really creepy face. The whole mountain is creepy... and filled with faces and all sorts of weird things. When we really start to look around, we sometimes get overwhelmed and give up for awhile. One things for sure, if this stuff is not natural, but deliberate, somebody was REALLY busy here for a long time.

Attachments

• Ram2.jpg
    Ram2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOKEY SMOKES, BATMAN, ( or Batwoman, or Batgirl, LOL ) There's a whole boatload of things in these last photos. The one with the sheep is outstanding. I don't mean to sound "zoomy", but the first thing I thought of when I saw the sheep was a "spirit" animal. I don't want to get too involved right now because it's late and I'll wait until tomorrow evening to do some marking, but for now, that sheep photo has was looks like a mirrored face at the bottom right. If you divide it down the middle along that vertical creas through the nose and mouth, it could be a definite "mirror image" of each other. I don't know if that would qualify it as a Janus face / head or not.

Now that heavy nosed, big chinned dude in the middle bottom is wearing a crown. I'm thinking tht those facial features are not European, but MesoAmerican. There's 2 male actors who have similar facial features that the carving remindes me of...........Ironeyes Cody (who was not really an Indian) and Ron Perlman made up as Hellboy (who really wasn't the devil's son.) LMAO Well, I really should go to bed. It's about 4:30 in the AM o'clock. :laughing7:

The last thing for now is that huge shield shape on the face of that cliff, up and to the left of the sheeps head. There's a symbol on it and nope it is not a cops' badge........even though the basic shape sure favors some of them. LOL

I've used these discriptions of the middle face and the shield as a way to localize the shapes for you using probably familiar references......NOT as actual identifications. :)

Last edited:

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew there was more to this puzzle. If I didn't know better the one face looking down and tucked, I'd look in tha hidy hole under it's beak, if not smooth plub under that rock. Second rock shows a mine symbol side-ways, just sayin mine in the side, maybe one on top as well. Next one, maybe severed serpent head, turned into pointer (odd combination). SS is right about the heart. Nice stuff in that tomb -death trap, made ta squish ya, but I have a feelin another map is inside that too. Gotta know how to get it without gettn squished. I'd keep going up, at least til the symbols start getting small again. The reason I say keep going up is they had to anyway to see where they were at, and make another map of the area. Loads of symbols out the yin-yang, so, this is a spot used multiple times. Symbols going from and to the trail, and cache markers. Oh, and from a couple sets of those eyes, they way they are shaped, sometimes look directly in the direction of a cache, sometimes situated after mined.

Nice little hoyo through the tomb marker- what do you know, higher up. Even step markers sayin, with pointer -higher up. Couple nice dog markers. Shadow face and eagle profile further up the hill. Nice chair cleverly hid.

A fifth mark to eyes > "2" to an cursive "f or j" > rock map

Solid diamond with circle in center, with line point at 45 degrees right, found from the point of a wall heart. Got some sighters like from the original wash -means same people- sighting up either something there or at a distance.

One picture you can see further down the trail a lightly covered rock, and a little ways before that a couple of holes -at what scale I can't say, but you can clearly see the monuments.

Once again, I see that yellow marking that you said that you or the archi didn't do, so that leads me to believe you are hunting a trail that 'is or was' being hunted by another hunter. You sure you didn't use that 'yellow stuff' to mark your trail like found on the first map pics. Cause I see it again in your last pic.

On that last pic that goes down maybe to a gully wash, there are directions going down into and up, there are some flat wall symbols where the patina looks cotta terra.

Last edited:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Jiminy Cricket my dear heartquest.

The fun of sharing is a great enticement. So is the desire to get some "expert" opinions. But just say no!

1. You have no way to protect that property. Are you going to post guard 24 hours a day to guard it once someone else knows of it?
2. The "expert" may not do anything but they may tell their friend etc. Someone WILL go out there and either get the goods, desecrate things that should not be descrated. Some things should be left in peace.
3. Such an invitation is an invitation to disaster or broken markers and broken dreams.
4. Bringing in an "expert" ..they are there for biz pruposes to recover. If you are not prepared yey to take it to that point, that is another reason to just say no.
For example have you worked out shares for the owner, those involved etc. Any legal things.

I imagine you may have gotten a bite or two having others visit your site. Please reconsider those invitiations. I'm out in the field so to speak for a few days more. But had ro responds to that aspect. A site of mine got stolen because of similiar good hearted but yes - naive thinking on my part.

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DesertMoon.....look what the ancients dragged in lol. I agree with DM ---ghost from the past.

Whelp, ya got nothin to worrybout from me. I'm a lone pirate on the esoteric knowledge sea, lol.

My own interest lay in the adventure and knowledge. Outside of that, gold, diamonds, rubies, whatever, they are just rocks that men put high worth in. Not to say I frown on them, but, I believe there are bigger prizes to be had.

I'd give all my treasure for one taste of immortality and a swash-bucklin siren who has a taste for sweet rum! ARRR~!

Last edited:
OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Jiminy Cricket my dear heartquest.

The fun of sharing is a great enticement. So is the desire to get some "expert" opinions. But just say no!

1. You have no way to protect that property. Are you going to post guard 24 hours a day to guard it once someone else knows of it?
2. The "expert" may not do anything but they may tell their friend etc. Someone WILL go out there and either get the goods, desecrate things that should not be descrated. Some things should be left in peace.
3. Such an invitation is an invitation to disaster or broken markers and broken dreams.
4. Bringing in an "expert" ..they are there for biz pruposes to recover. If you are not prepared yey to take it to that point, that is another reason to just say no.
For example have you worked out shares for the owner, those involved etc. Any legal things.

I imagine you may have gotten a bite or two having others visit your site. Please reconsider those invitiations. I'm out in the field so to speak for a few days more. But had ro responds to that aspect. A site of mine got stolen because of similiar good hearted but yes - naive thinking on my part.
Thank you DM... I appreciate it very much.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Shortstack, When I first sighted up this heartrock, I was astonished to see the "tomb", which I posted above, but will post again here. That's how I first saw the tomb shaped rock and all the interesting things around it. I have all this on Old Dogs big thread about Basic Signs and symbols, but just thought I'd put all these cool photos on their own thread so people could see. Here's the tomb, and stuff around it...the big heart is below all this and points up to it. All of this is obvious... somebody would see it from the historical trail and come to the heart, then look up and see all this stuff. The last detail is a zigzag on the wall to the left of the "tomb door".
View attachment 682479 View attachment 682480 View attachment 682481 View attachment 682482
View attachment 682478

Cheez, heartquest, these rocks were "massaged" by the hand of man.....or men. Did you notice that the shape of the hoyo changed with the repositioning of your camera? Look at the first photo and the shape looks like a bird doing a high energy climb for altitude OR a high energy slowdown for landing on an awkward perch. (both with bird heading to the right) Then, in the second and fifth pic, the shape has the appearance of a bird flying to the left and looking downward. That brown bear is curious about something behind that big rock. That large, squared off notch at the bottom of the entrance rock can be considered a confirmation notch.

There's a large black triangle low to the ground on the left side entrance stone and that black winged figure, high up on that background formation; right end, looked like a winged man at first. But, looking closer, it has a beak and a tall, single feather on it's head.

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, have to agree with SS. Lol, he be spying the same things like me with a vengence. You know, I would have never thought about doing this professionally until Desert Moon said something about it. Although I have to disagree with ownership of a site because no one can really own the dirt or rocks -unless you stand on it 24/7 with a gun or guards. Think that is what got humanity into so many problems thinkin you can own dirt, earth, or air (chuckles).

I just say in the spirit of fun, first come first serve, and get the hell out before you get served LOL!

But, like SS said before, if you can get some sky views, you might make more progress, know how to navigate better, and see what you are workin with.

And as far as people stealing your site, if they have the money and cash to track you down, spend time workin a path, and recovering anything is there, prolly has way to much money to even worry about if you find something here or not, and chances are they are making enough money to have more expensive hobbies.

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's yet another interesting area. It's on a ridge just above the tomb rock group of stuff. This stuff I call the "interesting assemblage". I see in it, yet another death heart, with what looks like a guy kneeling in front of it...or maybe dead in front of it...so we call this the kneeling heart. Looking over at this heart is what maybe the Indian with a Back Pack, that Calvin described in his book. I am not sure of any of this... but, that's what we call them. I can tell you one thing. By the time you get up here, it is no fun. It is steep, sheer, loose rocks everywhere and death hearts...it's just plain creepy.

Heartquest:
That first pic looks like a rabbit that is honkered down, hiding from a dangerous "thing". It's ears are laid back along it's back and it's hugging the ground as close as possible. That's how a rabbit "goes to ground" when it feels really in danger and is hoping that the "thing" doesn't see it. It has an incised triangle for an ear and another triangle or inverted "V" on it's haunch and a black triangle on it's butt. LOL

The other two photos has a few things in it. The main thing is that single standiing pentacle that could be a hooded figure. I say that because there is a lamb laying beside it, staring up at it. You can see it best in the second photo. The lamb is just to the left of the hooded figure.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, now about that last photo with the sheep.
Here's some markups that may be useful..........I HOPE. LOL

If that white outline on the lower left is a whale, then could King Hellboy actually represent Neptune, god of the sea?? Or Posiden (sp)?? That mirror face on the lower right has some symbols on the right forehead.

In the white oval, is that a bald eagle's head, facing to the right?

That large rectangular stone, above the sheep, pointed to by the yellow arrow, looks like it could have been slid out from the cliff. Or maybe fallen over from the face.

The upper yellow circle indicates the shield rock with the symbols on it. I can't make out the true shapes of those symbols.

The red square, upper left is around a large notch in the top of the formation that looks a lot like some of the examples Kenworthy photographed for his book. The flattened area on the left, bottom and 2 small peaks on the slanted right section. A straight-on shot would give a clearer idea.

Attachments

• Ram2-hearatquest.jpg
    Ram2-hearatquest.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 125
OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Yep, have to agree with SS. Lol, he be spying the same things like me with a vengence. You know, I would have never thought about doing this professionally until Desert Moon said something about it. Although I have to disagree with ownership of a site because no one can really own the dirt or rocks -unless you stand on it 24/7 with a gun or guards. Think that is what got humanity into so many problems thinkin you can own dirt, earth, or air (chuckles).

I just say in the spirit of fun, first come first serve, and get the hell out before you get served LOL!

But, like SS said before, if you can get some sky views, you might make more progress, know how to navigate better, and see what you are workin with.

And as far as people stealing your site, if they have the money and cash to track you down, spend time workin a path, and recovering anything is there, prolly has way to much money to even worry about if you find something here or not, and chances are they are making enough money to have more expensive hobbies.

CJ, that is excellent advice. We can't tell you how much of a kick this has been...all the better since it is almost a sure bet there is nothing there... the history is absolutely compelling. We want to find the hole.

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Heartquest:
That first pic looks like a rabbit that is honkered down, hiding from a dangerous "thing". It's ears are laid back along it's back and it's hugging the ground as close as possible. That's how a rabbit "goes to ground" when it feels really in danger and is hoping that the "thing" doesn't see it. It has an incised triangle for an ear and another triangle or inverted "V" on it's haunch and a black triangle on it's butt. LOL

The other two photos has a few things in it. The main thing is that single standiing pentacle that could be a hooded figure. I say that because there is a lamb laying beside it, staring up at it. You can see it best in the second photo. The lamb is just to the left of the hooded figure.

SS, I never saw that as a hare, and now it seems obvious! Thank you! I wrote a treasure poem, AARRRRR, which I will post below...it has your crouching hare in it. I see the lamb too! We have another hooded figure across the yard, so I will see if we have a lamb there too.

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Ok, now about that last photo with the sheep.
Here's some markups that may be useful..........I HOPE. LOL

If that white outline on the lower left is a whale, then could King Hellboy actually represent Neptune, god of the sea?? Or Posiden (sp)?? That mirror face on the lower right has some symbols on the right forehead.

In the white oval, is that a bald eagle's head, facing to the right?

That large rectangular stone, above the sheep, pointed to by the yellow arrow, looks like it could have been slid out from the cliff. Or maybe fallen over from the face.

The upper yellow circle indicates the shield rock with the symbols on it. I can't make out the true shapes of those symbols.

The red square, upper left is around a large notch in the top of the formation that looks a lot like some of the examples Kenworthy photographed for his book. The flattened area on the left, bottom and 2 small peaks on the slanted right section. A straight-on shot would give a clearer idea.

WOW...my ability to see is being expanded daily. Since I was just shooting the shot of the ram, I will have quite a job finding this location on the mountain again with my camera. You guys might blow a fuse if you were actually here...this is only one small part of a big mountain filled with rocks. Calvin Keyes told us to send him a photo of any rock that might be anything and we blew a fuse and had to take a break... then we lost Calvin.

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
OK you guys...here is my treasure poem...ARRRR (spoken like a pirate)...

Richly laced the hunter's quest
Where poison dust and rock hearts jest
And native bones denied of rest
Still haunt the journey to the nest
----Pray that you may pass their test

Darkly brooding stoney faces
Mark but warn of deadly places
To foolish men the race of races
To God the lowest of disgraces
---Yet onward onward still he chases

Owls, dogs, and turtles there
Whales and birds and crouching hare