Hey CRUSADER, drinks happening at my place too! :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I could swim I'd probably make my way across the pond for a toast. :D Unfortunately I did not find a gold coin but to many a relic hunter it would be in range.

Today my hunting bud and i made it back to our new little Colonial site on the creek. As I suspected it was on the quiet side, in fact I had nothing to show for my first hour. Deciding to leave the "iron patch" which I don't really like to do, paid off in a big way. This Rev War Officer button was found at maybe 8" or 9" and I knew when I seen it, it had potential to be quite good. To my surprise it's better than expected and would be among the finest known. It's not quite as rare or as valuable as it once was when there was only 2-3 known but even now would still buy a nice detector. ;D

Shortly after the button I wandered closer to the creek and dug what sounded like a deep shotgun shell. Nope! That's silver in the hole... and not just silver.. Colonial counterstamped silver! :icon_sunny: I don't know what it is (paging Don SJ.. Don SJ) :D but it's interesting. One side has what I think is GH? or CH? , the other side says "Hill". Will be hard to top this day for the rest of 2008 but I'll be out there trying. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• x1.jpg
    x1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 5,724
  • x2.jpg
    x2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 5,732
  • q4.jpg
    q4.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 2,604
  • zkb2.jpg
    zkb2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 2,608
Upvote 4

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread