dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you're "Jonesing" for more now that the show is over then check out the one made in 2000, I enjoyed it! No commercials and hardly any repetitive recaps!

I will watch this later tonight. I appreciate the video.
As far as who gets the treasure (if there is any) I would be willing to bet Canada gets the bulk of it if not all of it (wouldn't be right though)...

skumpa

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe that Oak Island was actually two islands and the channel between them was filled with water. They blocked both ends off and drained IT. The triangle swamp is man made and holds the secrets to Oak Island, along with the filled in channel. Could be a ship buried there.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sure, and there could be a klingon warbird buried there too

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I fell asleep too. I missed the episode where they found a ship. Which one was that ?

Sorry, I thought he asked about a ship wreck in the Delaware River we are carbon dating :icon_scratch:. There is no ship wreck on Oak Island. The History Channel wants me to clam up on what was found in the Oak Island TV show until they check it out . Ya I have a big mouth :censored: but I get excited when something big is found that could solve the Oak Island hunt. Ya we have many hunts we claim to have found treasure at but we can not dig at them until the paper work is done. This is the way its done when you hunt the bigger hunts.

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm not real into this,but,It is amazing how they found that coin with the 8 on it,
and didn't go into a digging frenzy.It's as if it was stuck in the weeds and muck that they threw up on the
plywood.Sorry but this is Hollywood bringing up the ratings style at it's worse.I don't
buy it.The coin was copper?In the water and muck since the year whatever and the coin was slick,very readable,
no crud build up.Copper?.No crud build up?I think the detector guy may have planted it there.
But then who knows...:.).

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
did I mention that NASA wants me to keep mum on what I saw on the trip to the moon?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited by a moderator:

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's hard to know what the makeup of the water in the swamp is really like. I'm sure with the right conditions and gases copper can survive a lot better than it would in clean or sea water.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
did I mention that NASA wants me to keep mum on what I saw on the trip to the moon?
Ok.... I'll bite! What does NASA want to keep Mum? Are you speaking about the Hollywood production of the actual landing and moon walk? Thank you Walton Jr for the links ! ;)

Last edited:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What more could you ask of reality tv ..2 brothers one a bigger dope than the other searching for something that doesn't exist diving into a sewer of a swamp ( with coconut fibers I might add) and at the finale a group of idiots high giving each other to truly show their combined stupidity. I can't wait for next season.

Leila

Jan 12, 2014
Southern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is the tusk rock/log as Leila mentioned and also bits of metal from the catch tank.

Interesting Leila they found, perhaps, one stone he said they would find. But at mercy there was no large stone, but they did find a bunch of smaller flat stones. Could they be of Egyptian origin as the code stone was thought to be?

Thanks for the clarification HenryWaltonJonesJr. I'm doing this from memory and you're right, it was smaller flat stones and not a large stone at the location of the Mercy Stone. They could be Egyptian. What they need to do is have all the rocks examined more closely to determine if the rocks are native to Nova Scotia. They need a geologist to check them out.

Leila

Jan 12, 2014
Southern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I thought he asked about a ship wreck in the Delaware River we are carbon dating :icon_scratch:. There is no ship wreck on Oak Island. The History Channel wants me to clam up on what was found in the Oak Island TV show until they check it out . Ya I have a big mouth :censored: but I get excited when something big is found that could solve the Oak Island hunt. Ya we have many hunts we claim to have found treasure at but we can not dig at them until the paper work is done. This is the way its done when you hunt the bigger hunts.

Finderkeeper...............I don't blame you for getting excited! Knowing what was found, do you think it will take the History Channel a long time to check out the find? Will they have to notify the Canadian government and get permits or permission? After the History Channel checks out the find, will you be able to tell us what it is, or at least be able to tell us that the find was checked out and proved to be a real find or not a real find?

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finderkeeper...............I don't blame you for getting excited! Knowing what was found, do you think it will take the History Channel a long time to check out the find? Will they have to notify the Canadian government and get permits or permission? After the History Channel checks out the find, will you be able to tell us what it is, or at least be able to tell us that the find was checked out and proved to be a real find or not a real find?

When I get the OK I will post what it is for everyone to check out. Ya I could of stayed quiet but someone else would of figured it out and I just wanted to be the first to bring it up. Could I be wrong. No Way. I was with everyone until this happen and I knew some would think I was nutz, but this was to important to keep quiet. What was found will not prove a treasure was on Oak Island but it will tell us who was there and when . I am trying to prove the Templars where on Oak Island and this may do it. When the owners of Oak Island called us to be on the TV series I was busy and turned them down . Now I am willing to take my crew to Oak Island to help them . They are the only ones doing anything to answer questions and they are new to this kind of hunt. They had made some bad choices and they are paying for it now . Instead of cutting them down Treasure Hunters on this site should help them, thats why we are here. Treasure Hunters allways get called names from the public because they think we are all nutz. Well I hope to prove them wrong.

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show, just like the two brothers I have been reading about it since I was a kid.

I am skeptical of the coin, too many good reasons for a "plant".

If it was part of a hoard, are to believe they "spilled" a coin...one coin?:icon_scratch:

Every one except the old Blankenship could have reason to plant it. Oh well, wait and see.:dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not real into this,but,It is amazing how they found that coin with the 8 on it,
and didn't go into a digging frenzy.It's as if it was stuck in the weeds and muck that they threw up on the
plywood.Sorry but this is Hollywood bringing up the ratings style at it's worse.I don't
buy it.The coin was copper?In the water and muck since the year whatever and the coin was slick,very readable,
no crud build up.Copper?.No crud build up?I think the detector guy may have planted it there.
But then who knows...:.).

Mud will do amazing things.
I wouldn't have been Surprised had it come out
in the condition they were Lost. If the swamp was there 400 years ago.
index.jpg

I found 80+ year old wheats this color in mud
(No Oxygen down there)

I do believe it was a Plant though & still believe the only treasures on the Island are
accidental Drops & Throw always.

& would believe Chinese , Egyptians or Aliens were there before I would believe
in Templers ever even existed. Of course this is My opinion

Last edited:

Fhaoilgeal

Feb 12, 2014
Dallas, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, first post here and thought I'd get my newbie question out of the way and apologize if it's been answered somewhere else.

Given that the island is called Oak Island and that the oak trees aren't native to the island (so I've read), has any one established where the species of oak tree is native to and if that would have any bearing on who visited the island?

I like the show and like Gold Maven, I've also been reading about Oak Island since I was a kid. There are really some great and often poignant human interest aspects to the show, but the editing of the video seems designed to obscure more than reveal (IMO). Like everyone else though I wish the brothers well and hope they succeed. Thanks! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread